January 2019 Board

Good luck everyone!!

ASVAB GT: 113

SIFT: 48

APFT: 283

EDUCATION: 28 Credits throughs AS in GS

FLIGHT: None

LORS: O-2 with Assumption of Command Orders , O-5, CW5 former WOSBM which gave me a +4 rating on his LOR. Im not sure what that means can anyone clarify on that?

OTHER INFO: Active Duty, E-6, 13F, 6 years TIS

PHYSICAL: Stamped and Approved

WAIVERS: 3 Moral Waivers for minor things

All my NCOERs are highly qualified filling higher positions. Also I graduated both BLC and ALC on the Commandants List.

Does anyone know the deadline for civilians for this board? I feel like I won't make it because my papers from the physical won't go out to Rucker until probably Tuesday.

I've never hated the Christmas holidays so much.

If it's the very last thing for your packet try to contact Rucker directly once your paperwork is sent out to try to get the process expedited.. If not I would just focus on getting your packet perfect for the next board.

Does anyone know the deadline for civilians for this board? I feel like I won't make it because my papers from the physical won't go out to Rucker until probably Tuesday.

I've never hated the Christmas holidays so much.

I don't have the number saved, but if you get in touch with AeroMedical down at Rucker they will expedite your Flight Physical. I got mine back literally the next day because I called them and asked them to expedite.

My packet is waiting on moral waivers approvals. Whats everyone status in here? Just curious its my first time submitting.

Well moral waivers are a bit unpredictable. They take longer than you might expect due to the subjective nature of them. You might think that they are "minor", but not everyone will necessarily hold that view.

1x moral waiver can be considered an outlier but 3x indicates a trend. I am not trying to get you down about them or say that your waivers will not get approved. I just want to make sure that someone didn't tell you that you were "good to hook", when more than likely your waivers are being heavily scrutinized.

Great packet otherwise.

Well moral waivers are a bit unpredictable. They take longer than you might expect due to the subjective nature of them. You might think that they are "minor", but not everyone will necessarily hold that view.

1x moral waiver can be considered an outlier but 3x indicates a trend. I am not trying to get you down about them or say that your waivers will not get approved. I just want to make sure that someone didn't tell you that you were "good to hook", when more than likely your waivers are being heavily scrutinized.

Great packet otherwise.

When I say minor its thing like speeding and underage drinking while in high school but from what I heard about the last few boards they werent accepting anyone with moral waivers in the AD side. Im not sure if that was the case on the November board but fully its not for the January board or Im screwed.

Can any civilian applicants confirm that our packet deadline is December 28th and board date is January 4th?

I have my security interview on the 27th and am sweating getting signed off by the battalion which is waiting on the interview to be conducted before clearing my packet through. Everything else is squared away.

post-64973-0-02207700-1545327985_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Can any civilian applicants confirm that our packet deadline is December 28th and board date is January 4th?

I have my security interview on the 27th and am sweating getting signed off by the battalion which is waiting on the interview to be conducted before clearing my packet through. Everything else is squared away.

I think you got bad info. Jan board is 14-18th. Submission deadline was Nov 30

https://recruiting.army.mil/ISO/AWOR/BOARD_SCHEDULE/

Edit: it looks like you're looking at the battalion OCS board schedule and not the USAREC WO board schedule. It used to be a requirement to do a battalion board first but I don't think it is a requirement anymore.

• Like 1

I think you got bad info. Jan board is 14-18th. Submission deadline was Nov 30

https://recruiting.army.mil/ISO/AWOR/BOARD_SCHEDULE/

Negative. The "board submission deadline" has nothing to do with civilians. That is for Active members only. You can submit your completed packet up to a week to two weeks prior to the board as a civilian.

• Like 3

Thats what I tried telling my recruiter, looked like battalion board dates.

But are you sure thats not just for Active Duty guys? November 30th is quite a way out from January and I know generally civilians can submit about 1-2 weeks out from the board. Or at the least, can submit later than AD applicants.

Edit: just saw your post byte, thanks for the confirmation.

When I say minor its thing like speeding and underage drinking while in high school but from what I heard about the last few boards they werent accepting anyone with moral waivers in the AD side. Im not sure if that was the case on the November board but fully its not for the January board or Im screwed.

Hopefully, that is not the case and they do accept moral waivers on an individual basis. Looking at the total Soldier concept, it seems that you have learned from any prior hiccups and moved on to become a great NCO.

Commandants list at BLC/ALC and E-6 with 6x years TIS is very impressive and shows where your head has been at. Keep at it. If your packet is not accepted for this board, keep submitting and re-submitting. The criteria for moral waivers, ebbs and flows based on who is in charge.

Prayers out. I really hope they get approved and you are accepted.

Hopefully, that is not the case and they do accept moral waivers on an individual basis. Looking at the total Soldier concept, it seems that you have learned from any prior hiccups and moved on to become a great NCO.

Commandants list at BLC/ALC and E-6 with 6x years TIS is very impressive and shows where your head has been at. Keep at it. If your packet is not accepted for this board, keep submitting and re-submitting. The criteria for moral waivers, ebbs and flows based on who is in charge.

Prayers out. I really hope they get approved and you are accepted.

Thanks brother I appreciate it. Hopefully we can all make it. This is something I will not give up on.