January 2019 Board

I heard they are only taking 10 officers this board. Should be tight competition for us commissioned folks.

Where'd you hear this? I'm starting to wonder if the stats posted on this forum are PNN level. I remember a thread that firmly stated "talked to someone at Rucker, they are taking 60% street to seat 40% ad for the future," which was then followed by about 2 boards of ~68 AD slots and ~25 street slots. In this thread someone says "heard they aren't taking waivers" followed by a dude with 3 waivers getting approved.

Where'd you hear this? I'm starting to wonder if the stats posted on this forum are PNN level. I remember a thread that firmly stated "talked to someone at Rucker, they are taking 60% street to seat 40% ad for the future," which was then followed by about 2 boards of ~68 AD slots and ~25 street slots. In this thread someone says "heard they aren't taking waivers" followed by a dude with 3 waivers getting approved.

I believe the 40% AD to 60% Civ is accurate. Though I don't think those percentages combine both sides. As in : You have 100 AD applicants and they will only choose 40% out of that 100 which is 40 applicants. Same with civilians: You have 50 civs and they can only pick 30 which = 60%.

Plus, If there are AD members with packets that blow away whats left of civilian %s, I wouldn't be surprised if they pick higher %s AD

I believe the 40% AD to 60% Civ is accurate. Though I don't think those percentages combine both sides. As in : You have 100 AD applicants and they will only choose 40% out of that 100 which is 40 applicants. Same with civilians: You have 50 civs and they can only pick 30 which = 60%.

Plus, If there are AD members with packets that blow away whats left of civilian %s, I wouldn't be surprised if they pick higher %s AD

I don't believe this makes sense. The accession rate is not based on applicants it's based on needs of the army. They have available slots, they fill them. Every board this year has had about 65 AD. If 200 people applied they aren't raising it to 80. They have ~65 slots per board.

I don't believe this makes sense. The accession rate is not based on applicants it's based on needs of the army. They have available slots, they fill them. Every board this year has had about 65 AD. If 200 people applied they aren't raising it to 80. They have ~65 slots per board.

I mean your explanation makes sense. I thought you were contending the hearsay info wasn't accurate..What do you mean by PNN?

This is true. I think you just answered your own question then..What do you mean by PNN?

PNN is an active term for private news network, meaning the extravagant and numerous rumors that go throughout organizations. Rarely substantiated by anything better than "I heard" and even more rarely correct. It's getting to the point where I believe the statistics posted are about as reputable as no one seems to ever have a source besides someone at Rucker/a cw5. The only things I've seen that have helped me are a congressional brief from early 2017 saying they are taking ~140 more a year, and the actual milper messages with names and ranks. If you get picked up and join the army do yourself a favor and never believe anything not in writing and even then never believe it until it has begun.

PNN is an active term for private news network, meaning the extravagant and numerous rumors that go throughout organizations. Rarely substantiated by anything better than "I heard" and even more rarely correct. It's getting to the point where I believe the statistics posted are about as reputable as no one seems to ever have a source besides someone at Rucker/a cw5. The only things I've seen that have helped me are a congressional brief from early 2017 saying they are taking ~140 more a year, and the actual milper messages with names and ranks. If you get picked up and join the army do yourself a favor and never believe anything not in writing and even then never believe it until it has begun.

Ahh gotcha. Yeah I never heard that acronym before, though I haven't been in for very long. Good to know.

How fast did you guys get your board ready status or otherwise after submitting?

Also any educated predictions on selection rates this board? My fear is they overfilled earlier this year and that rates will now plummit.

I feel like my packet is quite competitive for a civilian but not counting on anything.

• Like 1

How fast did you guys get your board ready status or otherwise after submitting?

Also any educated predictions on selection rates this board? My fear is they overfilled earlier this year and that rates will now plummit.

I feel like my packet is quite competitive for a civilian but not counting on anything.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-115hhrg25095/html/CHRG-115hhrg25095.htm

March 29,2017

"We are also increasing our aviation warrant officer accessions in concert with the increased throughput of our pilot training. Over the next 3 years, we will increase our Regular Army aviation warrant officer accession training throughput by nearly 170 students annually."

I was board ready within a week with no waivers and no errors. Try to think in terms of slots, not rates. Yes they affect each other but essentially the amount of slots is not going to change that much for a long time, so the only thing that can affect your selection is the amount and quality of applicants.

• Like 1

Also any educated predictions on selection rates this board? My fear is they overfilled earlier this year and that rates will now plummet.

I hate to say it but there is not a way to predict selection rates unless someone leaked them somehow. The last two boards the number of selectees dropped. However, until then nearly every civilian was selected for about a year. Before that, the number always fluctuated.

If you don't get selected the first time do not give up. It appears that more than a few applicants found luck on their second attempt. Some of them claimed they didn't even update anything. We have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

On a positive note, your package does sound very competitive.

• Like 2

Fair points about thinking in terms of slots and not percentage rates. I have a contingency plan if FQ-NS on the first go, hopefully will nail this the first time though.

My real hurdle will be submitting exactly one week before the board convenes. Waited forever to get a security clearance interview (This Monday, submitting same day)

I hope going by the USAREC sample packet along with a QC by my recruiting battalion will be enough for an error free submission.

The wait for board ready status and results is maddening.

Im waiting on my moral waiver to be board ready. Is there anyone I can contact to expedite the process? I understand the timeline suggested on the warrant officer recruiting website and Im past that.

Im in the same boat. From what Ive been seeing on here most of the moral waivers are processed the week before the board so I would just stay in contact with your recruiter and hopefully we get good news.

Im in the same boat. From what Ive been seeing on here most of the moral waivers are processed the week before the board so I would just stay in contact with your recruiter and hopefully we get good news.

Id contact your regional recruiter and verify the status of your packet. My waivers were approved in about 5-6 weeks from submission.