January 2019 Board

Ugh MEPS has to reprocess my PRK waiver again because my physical expired. They say they have literally everyone involved to get it through in about a day so I don't lose my seat. It's scary having only till the 31st

Geeze! That's ridiculous. Also, I thought PRK didn't require a waiver? I'm active duty and had PRK but my packet didn't include a waiver. (The DOC did look at it though just because I had it, but I remember getting PRK initially because it didn't require a waiver, while LASIK did).

Street to seat selectee here(Jan board). Just went to MEPS to sign my papers, received a basic date for 02/25. I was not expecting a date so soon! Im curious what dates the other civilian selectees received.

About the same timeline i got back in 2014

• Like 2

Geeze! That's ridiculous. Also, I thought PRK didn't require a waiver? I'm active duty and had PRK but my packet didn't include a waiver. (The DOC did look at it though just because I had it, but I remember getting PRK initially because it didn't require a waiver, while LASIK did).

I have no idea why it requires a waiver as my vision is almost a perfect 20/15. I am prior service and got PRK while I was out so I could apply for this program. The flight physical approved the PRK no problem but it's the MEPS that took forever last time. Now I am waiting for them to renew it.

So if they don't approve it again by the 31st and sign me up I have to reboard? I'm unsure what the protocol is for what I would do next. Do I just start over again because they couldn't fix this minor issue? This is what I've been told. They are also telling me it should only take a day or two for it to be approved again so I am trying to relax. It's just unusual because I waited months for this waiver to be approved last time. They are also telling me the whole command is involved so that is a bit comforting.