Air Force to Army.. PCS question..

Hello all. First off this forum has been an amazing fountain of knowledge so thanks for that. So here lies the issue.. I want to know if Im authorized a ditty move from Alaska (duty station before basic) to ft Rucker after basic training.

I know I am authorized to move before wocs graduation and I have a little over a month hold to do so.

Heres where its complicated. I was air force now going army wocs. No lapse in service. Alaska is oconus and Ft Rucker is conus. I have a dependent.. I think thats it. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you.

yes, i had 3 dependents tho. TLA itself is like 1,200. Amry will pay you 100 per diem, 75% spouse and 50 % for children. I was allowed like 5 days of travel so it's Per diem times days of travel and lodging times days of travel. You no longer have to show receipts for lodging so if you are authorized 10 days of travel but made the travel in just 4-5 days you are pocketing 6 days of lodging as well.

• Like 1

yes, i had 3 dependents tho. TLA itself is like 1,200. Amry will pay you 100 per diem, 75% spouse and 50 % for children. I was allowed like 5 days of travel so it's Per diem times days of travel and lodging times days of travel. You no longer have to show receipts for lodging so if you are authorized 10 days of travel but made the travel in just 4-5 days you are pocketing 6 days of lodging as well.

Not to steer this to far off topic, but how the hell did you calculate 1200 for TLA? Are you saying you didn't actually use lodging and you just told them you did?

that's my bad, should've said DLA insted of TLA. DLA is a flat rate based on rank. To clarify I received(used) 10 days of TLA 2 at the loosing station and 8 at Rucker. that's 10 days worth of Per Diem plus 6 day authorized travel. Not turning the receipts was for the travel portion since finance calculates how many days of travel you are authorized and pay you accordingly.