11 replies to this topic

#1 OneTime

OneTime

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:32

Hey everyone, wondering if anyone else is having the same problem I am.

Civilian WOFT "selectee" here, no prior service. I'm unable to get access to Blackboard to complete the distance learning portion of WOCS prior to arrival (I'm in a 5 week course). In order to register for Blackboard it looks like you need a CAC or a .mil email address, neither of which I have yet.

Is this something that's still required? Does a civilian applicant need to worry about this - or do the instructors have you do this in the days before the class report date deadline (there seems to be a small gap between my BCT end and the PH2 Report Date)?

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

• Agledbetter likes this

#2 Agledbetter

Agledbetter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 16:59

Hey.

I was having the same issue. I'm prior service and thought I was going to be able to have a bit more luck, but without a CAC I couldn't access anything. I ended up emailing CW4 White and filled out some paperwork for her so she could grant me access. Her email is in the welcome email with the PDFs you received. PM me if you need her email.

#3 WApp

WApp

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 00:38

Hey everyone, wondering if anyone else is having the same problem I am.

Civilian WOFT "selectee" here, no prior service. I'm unable to get access to Blackboard to complete the distance learning portion of WOCS prior to arrival (I'm in a 5 week course). In order to register for Blackboard it looks like you need a CAC or a .mil email address, neither of which I have yet.

Is this something that's still required? Does a civilian applicant need to worry about this - or do the instructors have you do this in the days before the class report date deadline (there seems to be a small gap between my BCT end and the PH2 Report Date)?

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

I am WOCS 19-011.

With all honesty brotha, I can't see how we would ever need to do any DL classes as we will be in BCT and then straight to WOCS. I think some of the prior service members do DL if they've been through PLC but other than that, our 7 week course was supposed to make the DL portion irrelevant. Only thing is those 7 week courses are kaput so idk. I ship here in two weeks for Basic and haven't heard a peep about any DL so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

• OneTime likes this

#4 OneTime

OneTime

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:25

For anyone wondering, I received the following reply from USAREC Special Programs and BoardS:

"approx. 60 days prior to your ship date a TAC Officer will send you the information on "Blackboard". However you will not have to worry about having to do it now. You will do it at WOC as a group."

#5 Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 19:11

However you will not have to worry about having to do it now. You will do it at WOC as a group.

Off-topic: I wonder how that is going to affect TAC time and all the hazing stuff/folding shirts into squares and making little notecards that say what you suck at. Anyone from the FY19 classes have any insight on the new coursework? I assume 7 minute drills still happen from start to finish as well.

#6 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 20:12

Off-topic: I wonder how that is going to affect TAC time and all the hazing stuff/folding shirts into squares and making little notecards that say what you suck at. Anyone from the FY19 classes have any insight on the new coursework? I assume 7 minute drills still happen from start to finish as well.

If you think anything done at WOCS is hazing you might need to reconsider your life choices. That place is a walk in the park joke.
  • Shadowlurker likes this

#7 Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:29

If you think anything done at WOCS is hazing you might need to reconsider your life choices. That place is a walk in the park joke.

I've heard 50/50 from people. I feel like it's the tech WOs that are always more critical of WOCS. I've also been told it's just another BLC, but you memorize the Soldier's Creed instead of NCO.

#8 Mitch4600

Mitch4600

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:19

So any Marines who got out and went back in straight to WOCS here? Please message me

#9 Mitch4600

Mitch4600

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 20:48

Did you guys ever figure out about blackboard?

#10 M250

M250

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 21:27

Ive been wondering this as well.  I might reread my welcome packet.  I seem to have heard and or read that the DL is now rolled into the 5 week course ( I might be way out of line here), but there were 2 essays to complete prior to arrival. 

#11 Simpsj17

Simpsj17

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 16:52

I can confirm you have to write two essays and the course is currently 5 weeks long. You will have time to write them during your inprocessing once you get here.
  • Simpsj17 likes this

#12 rlfoster83

rlfoster83

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 17:51

I can confirm you have to write two essays and the course is currently 5 weeks long. You will have time to write them during your inprocessing once you get here.

So there is no essay or class material that needs to be done ahead of time? I was just wondering why there was a phase 1 and 2 email on my AKO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FreeFlight_Home200PrecisionVRForumHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeSpectrum_VRHome200BLR 200Genesys VR Forum 200MaunaLoaVRHome200