The Wright brothers were two frauds. I have the proof.

simplex

The Wright brothers were two frauds

If you do not believe me, read this free collection of letters and articles: "A. I. Root, the liar number four after the Wright Brothers and their mentor, Octave Chanute".

The story about the more than 160 flights performed by the Wright brothers between December 17, 1903, and August 7, 1908, rely just on one witness, Amos I. Root from Medina Ohio, the only one quoted by Orville Wright as independent and disinterested.

Root claimed in an article which appeared in January 1905 that he had seen Wilbur Wright flying in a circuit on September 20, 1904.

However, if you read his letters to the Wrights plus the numerous articles in which this man from Medina mentioned the two aeroplanists (all these texts are attached to the above mentioned book), you remark that Root did not see any powered flight on September 20, 1904. He was just a victim of the lies spread by the two Daytonians and, at the same time, of his own obsession with heavier than air flying machines. A. I. Root was also a person who wished to get a (fraudulent) place in the history of aviation believing that the effort of reminding repeatedly his readers, he had witnessed the first circular flight ever performed by a man carrying plane, would make his account more credible and finally his story would become an accepted truth.

Fortunately, Roots' lies have been uncovered.

Aviation appeared in 1906. Before that year there is absolutely no evidence about it other than ridiculous claims like the ones made by the Wright brothers (over 160 flights!! between Dec. 1903 and Oct. 1905) or Gustave Whitehead.

This article is the main contribution of the Wright brothers to the development of aviation.

The next contribution came on August 8, 1908, when they showed their plane on the ground and in the air, for the first time.

1904-01-06, “Wright Flyer. A Report of Late Tests Is Given by Messrs. Wright, Inventors of the Machine.”, Dayton Press, Ohio, US, January 6, 1904.

Wright Flyer
———
A Report Of Late Tests
———
Is Given by Messrs. Wright, Inventors of the Machine.
———
Interesting Description of the Trials Made at Kitty Hawk.
———

It had not been our intention to make any detailed public statement concerning the private trails of our power “Flyer” on the 17th of December last; but since the contents of a private telegram, announcing to our folks at home the success of our trials, was dishonestly communicated to newspaper men at the Norfolk office, and led to the imposition upon the public by persons who never saw the “Flyer” or its flights, of a fictitious story incorrect in almost every detail; and since this story, together with several pretended interviews or statements, which were fakes pure and simple, have been very widely disseminated, we feel impelled to make some corrections. The real facts were as follows:

On the morning of December 17, between the hours of 10:30 o’clock and noon, four flights were made, two by Orville Wright and two by Wilbur Wright. The starts were all made from a point on the level sand about 200 feet west of our camp, which is located a quarter of a mile north of the Kill Devil sand hill, in Dare county, North Carolina. The wind at the time of the flights had a velocity of 27 miles an hour at 10 o’clock, and 24 miles an hour at noon, as recorded by the anemometer at the Kitty Hawk weather bureau station. This anemometer is 30 feet from the ground. Our own measurements, made with a hand anemometer at a height of four feet from the ground, showed a velocity of about 22 miles when the first flight was made, and 20½ miles at the time of the last one. The flights were directly against the wind. Each time the machine started from the level ground by its own power alone with no assistance from gravity, or any other sources whatever. After a run of about 40 feet along a mono-rail track, which held the machine eight inches from the ground, it rose from the track and under the direction of the operator climbed upward on an inclined course till a height of eight or ten feet from the ground was reached, after which the course was kept as near horizontal as the wind gusts and the limited skill of the operator would permit. Into the teeth of a December gale the “Flyer” made its way forward with a speed of ten miles an hour over the ground and 30 to 35 miles an hour through the air. It had previously been decided that for reasons of personal safety these first trials should be made as close to the ground as possible. The height chosen was scarcely sufficient for maneuvering in so gusty a wind and with no previous acquaintance with the conduct of the machine and its controlling mechanisms. Consequently the first flight was short. The succeeding flights rapidly increased in length and at the fourth trial a flight of 59 seconds was made, in which time the machine flew a little more than a half mile through the air, and a distance of 852 feet over the ground. The landing was due to a slight error of judgment on the part of the operator. After passing over a little hummock of sand, in attempting to bring the machine down to the desired height, the operator turned the rudder too far, and the machine turned downward more quickly than had been expected. The reverse movement of the rudder was a fraction of a second too late to prevent the machine from touching the ground and thus ending the flight. The whole occurrence occupied little, if any more, than one second of time.

Only those who are acquainted with practical aeronautics can appreciate the difficulties of attempting the first trials of a flying machine in a 25 mile gale. As winter was already well set in, we should have postponed our trails to a more favorable season, but for the fact that we were determined, before returning home, to know whether the machine possessed sufficient power to fly, sufficient strength to withstand the shock of landings, and sufficient capacity of control to make flight safe in boisterous winds, as well as in calm air. When these points had been definitely established, we at once packed our goods and returned home, knowing that the age of the flying machine had come at last.

From the beginning we have employed entirely new principles of control; and as all the experiments have been conducted at our own expense, without assistance from any individual or institution, we do not feel ready at present to give out any pictures or detailed description of the machine.

—————————

The Dec 17, 1903, Flyer is, as you see, a simple phantom. There is no clue in the text that helps the reader build a visual image of the machine that allegedly flew that day. Also, no witness is mentioned.

The airplane flight is not a fraud but it has little to do with the Wright brothers who before August 8, 1908, just made noise in newspapers and magazines showing nothing but gliders.

The first people witnessed taking off with planes are: Santos Dumont (13 Sep. 1906), Traian Vuia (7 Oct. 1906).

Wilbur Wright built his first working plane in France during the summer of 1908.
A letter dated July 24, 1908, sent from France by Hart O. Berg (a business representative of the two brothers) to Orville Wright, who was in Dayton, US, clearly states that Wilbur was building his plane in Le Mans, France and the Bariquand factory had just tested a motor, for Wilbur, that had run for 58 minutes and reached 1440 turns per minute.

Before the end of July 1908 the two inventors from Dayton did not have suitable engines for their machines and could not have flown.

1908-07-24, Hart O. Berg, “Letter to Orville Wright”, Paris, July 24, 1908, 1 page.

"HART O. BERG, TÉL 565-56 32, AVENUE DES CHAMPS ÉLYSÉES, PARIS, 24th July 1908
TELEGRAMS HARTOBERG LONDON, PARIS, BERLIN, ST. PETERSBURG.

Orville Wright Esq., 1127 West Third Street, DAYTON, OHIO.

My dear O.W.,

I enclose confirmations of cables received and sent. It is too bad that the papers will not stop butting into our business. I have had all I can do to keep matters straight with them.

I went down to Le Mans on Monday to see Wilbur, and worked with him there for several days, returning here the night before last. Wilbur’s arm is as well as can possibly be expected. He was badly scalded of course; but the idea of gangrene and an operation is ridiculous. I hope my cable of today was perfectly plain.

I telephoned Wilbur this morning, he was at the shop at Bollee’s, and of course he laughs about the newspaper reports, except that he is worried that it should have worried you and your good family.

I did not think it worth while to cable you when the accident took place, as I had the Associated Press attenuate the seriousness of his reported injuries. You may rest assured that if anything serious happened I would be the first to let you know directly. Please tell your Father and Sister that both Mrs. Berg and myself are here to look after Wilbur, and not to be alarmed at any reports that they may see in the paper. You and they know perfectly well that newspaper reports concerning the Wright Bros. are very wild.

The machine is about completed. Wilbur has his arm bound up; but as soon as he can use it freely I think that all will be ready to make his first trials. I shall return to Le Mans on Monday, and we shall then take the machine out to the shed on the racecourse.

Bariquand’s motors seem to be turning out alright. They ran one of them yesterday for 58 minutes. There was no heat, and they got as high as 1440 turns, of course with your regulation fan attached.

Bleriot smashed his machine pretty badly yesterday. He got caught in a twist of wind, and came a cropper.

I see in this morning’s paper that Farman has cabled you a challenge for $10,000. I suppose he will back out of this when he sees what you are doing at Fort Meyer.

Trusting that you are well, and progressing quickly with what you are doing on your side, I am, with best regards, in which Mrs. Berg joins,

Ever faithfully yours, Berg
"

It seems incredible but this is the kind of "solid evidence" the pro Wrights historians use to prove the two brothers invented the practical (or impractical) airplane:
1905-10-06, “The Flight of a Flying Machine”, Dayton Daily News, Ohio, US, October 6, 1905.
The Flight of a flying Machine
——
Was in the Air Twenty-Five Minutes Thursday Afternoon Near Simms Station.
——
WRIGHT BROTHERS HAVE PERFECTED INVENTION.
——
Have Been Experimenting All Week on the Huffman Prairies, East of Dayton, With Their Aeroplane.
——
LARGE PARTY SEES TESTS.
——
The Inventors and Builders of the Machine Have Built a Shed on the Prairie for Storing the Big Air Ship — Flights Have Startled the Residents of the Neighborhood. Great Interest Manifested.
——

With improvements innumerable made to their craft, after months of work, Orville and Wilbur Wright, the youthful Dayton inventors, are making a series of flights in the vicinity of Simm’s Station, on the Dayton, Springfield and Urbana electric road, several miles from Dayton. These trials have been undisputedly some of the most successful expeditions that flying machines have ever made.
Residents of the locality where the experiments have been lately carried on turn out en masse at each ascension, and predict great results from the enterprise of the two Daytonians.
Likewise, many from Dayton and a number of authorities from different towns are daily witnesses of the remarkable flights, and are similarly profuse in their predictions of success.
Thursday afternoon a flight was made, and according to reliable witnesses, the machine soared gracefully for some 25 minutes, responding to all demands of the pilot. At the expiration of this time, fear that the machine could not be sustained aloft much longer, a descent was made by one of the inventors.
Every day this week flights have been made, almost, with equal success.
The expectations of the Wright brothers have been decidedly surpassed by their most recent experiments, and they feel that their craft is in the immediate neighborhood of perfection.
The brothers have been experimenting for the past two years. Their first successes attracted wide attention and were chronicled throughout the country.
Several Dayton people went out to the Huffman prairies Thursday afternoon to witness the trials. Some time ago the Wright brothers, who are both expert mechanics, conceived the idea of building a flying machine. They made some of their drawings in this city and from here they went to South Carolina to build the machine and try it out. They worked diligently to perfect their plans and finally succeeded in building a machine which would fly.
They gave the machine a severe tryout on one of the long stretches of beach in the south, and after a stay of over two years they returned to Dayton and built a shed on the Huffman prairies, where they are giving their machine a thorough test.