WOCS Leave

Hi,

I am to attend WOCS through WOFT in April. Does anyone know if we get some kind of authorized leave immediately after WOCS graduation? If so, how long and how does that work? Pass? Chargeable? I like to know mainly since it would be the first time Id have any off time since entering basic.

Thanks!

• Like 1

You will have about 16 days saved by the end of both, considering both are about 2-3 months. Some commands won't approve leave that puts you at less than 10 for emergency reasons. Also, there's plenty of people that go from basic to a 6 month ait. It's not that bad. It will be charged. 4 day passes work for like weekends. Anything more you're going to have to put in leave.

• Like 3

you will report to Bco like 2 hours after graduation. literally graduate, take pictures say hi to the family and go right into Bco in processing. there is no such thing as authorized leave immediately after WOCS. My WOCS class was all aviation and some yave as much as next Monday to start WOBC (no time to take leave) and others had up to 2 month wait. it all depends and Bco's priority is tobget you in training as soon as possible. leave is nowhere near a top priority. That being said, they are pretty good at approving leave if schedule permits or significant events arise. Expect your WOBC date to be pushed to the left and plan accordingly. It's been over a year since I graduated WOCS and my leave was canceled after being approved just because I got an earlier WOBC date and that takes priority. also according to CADRE bubbles are just getting smaller and almost gone. It all depends on how they schedule you... I have WOCS classmates that are already in their units and I'm still at least 5 months till graduation. Nothing I can do about it. I had bubbles they didn't. they literally had WOCS, WOBC, Dunker, IERW and Advanced with no time in between.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

Is there any chance of Permissive TDY or ANY mandated pass period to look for housing and such after WOCS but before WOBC starts? or is that considered on your personal time for Soldiers with no dependents ?

What is supposed to happen if you go straight to WOBC immediately after WOCS but you have no housing ?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies.

Is there any chance of Permissive TDY or ANY mandated pass period to look for housing and such after WOCS but before WOBC starts? or is that considered on your personal time for Soldiers with no dependents ?

What is supposed to happen if you go straight to WOBC immediately after WOCS but you have no housing ?

Thanks again.

Unless they axed it, we had 10 days of PTDY to house hunt and get all of our stuff moved down to Rucker.

Unless they axed it, we had 10 days of PTDY to house hunt and get all of our stuff moved down to Rucker.

I had forgotten about that. I got that in after WOCS in 2016. You may just have to ask for it.

I just completed WOCS this past November and they were still giving the 10 days PTDY after WOCS. With that being said, be ready to go straight into your flight physical appointment the morning after your PTDY, followed by CIF draw and then starting class the following day.

• Like 1