• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LordByron423

LordByron423

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 16:10

Hello. I am longtime lurker, but 1st time poster.

I was wondering what the Flight Physical is like? What type of test do they do, etc. Also, I was approved for my medical waiver after I went to MEPS. I had a labrum tear in my shoulder that was repaired my arthroscopy in 2011. My recruiter told me I got all 1s on the assessment. I didn't get a chance to ask him what that means, so if someone knows about that I'd appreciate any explanations.

Would I have to be approved for another waiver to pass my flight physical? Or is the waiver I was approved for after going to MEPS also apply for my flight physical?

#2 tangowhiskey

tangowhiskey

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 13:20

It will consist of limb measurements, hearing, dental, vision (in depth including dialation and topography), blood and urine samples, and a quick range of motion and physical exam.

Things that might DQ you can be found here
https://glwach.amedd...s_28may2014.pdf

Waivers are more a method of tracking problems than allowing disqualified people to fly. You can have a waiver for very small yhings.
  • Mitch4600 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

PrecisionVRForumHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeFreeFlight_Home200LakeSuperior200MaunaLoaVRHome200Spectrum_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200BLR 200