Hello everyone, I am a pretty new member and I am still learning to navigate the forums. I apologize if a similar post has been made elsewhere.
I am currently a senior in high school going through the WOFT packet process. So far:
- Police records- clean record
- Health- Everything is good other than glasses, correctable past 20/20
- Asvab - 97
- GT - 133
- GPA - Weight: 4.0, Unweighted: around 3.5
- Education: High school diploma (graduating tomorrow)
- Flight experience- none
- College credits- none
- Essay - Second draft completed
- LORs - None so far, but I got in contact with one of my senators.
I have heard mixed answers about this. Some warrants including a few high school to flight schoolers told me that it is very possible for me to get selected. Some tell me that I should drop a packet but be ready to get denied because of my age and lack of experience. My first recruiter told me straight up I won't get in and he wanted me to enlist. My second recruiter is helping me through the entire process. I would like to know how you guys feel about my stats, and if there is anything I could improve on.
Some questions I have are:
If I am selected, what is the time between selection and shipping out to basic?
Any tips on studying for the SIFT?
How should I approach service members for letters of recommendation, given the fact that I know very few.
Any additional advice will be greatly appreciated.