WOFT LOR Help -- Currently a Civilian DOE Contractor

Hello,

I am a street-to-seat WOFT candidate who is looking to network for letters of recommendation, or to meet someone that I can count on to be a strong military leadership mentor. I'm currently a federal employee at a Department of Energy National Laboratory, and I hold a leadership position in my daily role. My recruiters have been very helpful so far, but there have been some difficulties/delays because they have not been able to reach any of their previous CW3-CW5 contacts to ask for help in writing my letters of recommendation; I do not blame these Warrant Officers because none of them really know me.

I would be happy to meet with someone in person, and I can go into more detail about myself via email as well. I am highly motivated and I have a deep sense of pride in eventually becoming a US soldier.

Here are a few of my numbers:

Education: Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry/Minor in Materials Engineering (graduated college with a 3.43 GPA)

GT: 133

SIFT: 56

I haven't officially taken the PT test yet, but I have been specifically working out for it 6 days/week, and I do climbing and jiu jitsu in addition to that. I would guess that I'm around a 285 currently, but I will be at 300 by the time I take the test.

Thank you. I appreciate your time.

Morgan

Edit: Im located in Knoxville, TN

The first generic bit of advice you will always get on these forums is reach out to whatever Aviation unit is closest to you. Cold call them and respectfully ask to meet with a Warrant Officer to discuss the WOFT program and if they are willing after the meet up perhaps a LOR. Most of em will want you to have your packet pretty squared away before they throw their stamp of approval on it. Some may be willing to answer questions and mentor along the way until you get to that point. But ya may have to get creative with it. Try hitting up a Facebook page, look for points of contact on their .mil page etc. It's gonna take some work but they also want to see you putting forth the effort. If a CAB isn't near you you can try to look for a National Guard unit or perhaps you may have to travel a few hours to get one as well. I've heard of guys flying down to Rucker before to secure LORs. Pretty rare and super motivated but still, if you really want an LOR from a current senior WO it may take some work.

Hey man if youre in Tennessee, idk how far from Campbell it is, but Im sure they have an extremely squared away CW5 at their Combat Aviation Brigade (CAB). Idk if you know much about military stuff but you should google 101 CAB and just ask the staff duty about meeting with the CCWO.

But as others have said make sure they are ready to write the rec. meaning have your packet 100% complete otherwise as they wont put their name backing something that wouldnt be complete

Or contact the Fort Campbell Warrant Officer Recruiter...

CW4 Jaira Sanchez: jaira.h.sanchez.mil@mail.mil 931-250-2159

​Let them know you're already involved with a recruiter but looking to meet/speak with an active duty aviation warrant officer for a letter of recommendation.. I'm sure they can at least point you in the right direction..

Hello,

I am a street-to-seat WOFT candidate who is looking to network for letters of recommendation, or to meet someone that I can count on to be a strong military leadership mentor. I'm currently a federal employee at a Department of Energy National Laboratory, and I hold a leadership position in my daily role. My recruiters have been very helpful so far, but there have been some difficulties/delays because they have not been able to reach any of their previous CW3-CW5 contacts to ask for help in writing my letters of recommendation; I do not blame these Warrant Officers because none of them really know me.

I would be happy to meet with someone in person, and I can go into more detail about myself via email as well. I am highly motivated and I have a deep sense of pride in eventually becoming a US soldier.

Here are a few of my numbers:

Education: Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry/Minor in Materials Engineering (graduated college with a 3.43 GPA)

GT: 133

SIFT: 56

I haven't officially taken the PT test yet, but I have been specifically working out for it 6 days/week, and I do climbing and jiu jitsu in addition to that. I would guess that I'm around a 285 currently, but I will be at 300 by the time I take the test.

Thank you. I appreciate your time.

Morgan

Edit: Im located in Knoxville, TN

Go Vols.

Shoot me a PM with your email and contact info.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick question not sure if this is the right place for it. I had a LOR returned to me completed and signed. Once I opened the PDF file I realized that it was hand written. Is this acceptable? The Officer in question is a BCT Commander. I don't really want to bother him again. He is very hard to get a hold of. Thanks in advance!

Just a quick question not sure if this is the right place for it. I had a LOR returned to me completed and signed. Once I opened the PDF file I realized that it was hand written. Is this acceptable? The Officer in question is a BCT Commander. I don't really want to bother him again. He is very hard to get a hold of. Thanks in advance!

Sir, the board requires a digital signature on letters of recommendation. I have typed up your letter and filled in all pertinent information. If you could please digitally sign this I would greatly appreciate it

• Like 1

Sir, the board requires a digital signature on letters of recommendation. I have typed up your letter and filled in all pertinent information. If you could please digitally sign this I would greatly appreciate it

had the very same issue. I typed the letter in the right format and sent it to my Company Commander and he forwarded to the BC. Shouldn't be an issue.

Ok thanks for the reply. That was what I needed to know. I will just keep hounding him then.