March Board 2019

So my recruiter is telling me he doesnt know that my packet is automatically resubmitted. While Im telling him it is and I just want to be able to make updates to it hes shooting me down on that too. First he told me civilian woft can only apply once. Then he tells me I missed the deadline for the May board since it was last week. Now he tells me I cant make updates to my packet. He says that if I want to resubmit it needs to all be done and completed at once and be submitted. Meaning I would have to get all of my updates done and submit for the July board. My concern is that if my packet is automatically submitted to the May board and he doesnt submit any of my updates because he thinks I cant...then I might be passed up twice without him even trying.

The recruiter is wrong in this case. Honestly it may be in your best interest to find another recruiter.

There is no "limit" on how many times you can apply. You can apply every 6 months at your heart's desire.

Civilians also have way more lenient submission deadlines. I did not get my packet in until 10 days before the board and they still took my packet and I was picked up. So don't worry too much about the deadlines in your case.

But yes, you will get a second look on the May board and they will review the same packet again unless you update anything.

You guys are spot on, Ive been out less than 6 months so no BCT. I asked for the fastest ship date I could get, thankfully this worked out perfectly for me and my family.

Glad this worked out for you so well.

I swore in this morning and got an August ship date. Will be headed to Ft. Jackson. Should be nice and warm there that time a year.

WOCS start October. That's all I know r/n.

• Like 2

I swore in this morning and got a ship date of 08/06. Will be headed to Ft. Jackson. Should be nice and warm there that time a year.

WOCS start date is 08/22. That's all I know r/n.

Is this date correct? If you are headed to BCT at 08/06 I don't think your WOCS will be on 08/22.

• Like 2

Oh durr seems like I mistyped too lol. It's 10/22 of course.

Haha, figured that.

Sounds like we will be right next to each other during training. My WOCS report date is 10/13. Not sure if we will be in the same class or not though.

• Like 1

Haha, figured that.

Sounds like we will be right next to each other during training. My WOCS report date is 10/13. Not sure if we will be in the same class or not though.

Yea no idea when the course actually starts. I'm guessing 10/22 is the report date.

I swore in this morning and got a ship date of 08/06. Will be headed to Ft. Jackson. Should be nice and warm there that time a year.

WOCS start date is 08/22. That's all I know r/n.

I have a 08/06 BCT date too, but at Benning. With a WOCS date of 10/22.....see you there!

• Like 1

I got selected my second look, Here's my stats:

Active Duty E4

with exactly 2 years TIS

3 AAMs

50 SIFT

118 GT

271 PT Score

BN LTC, CW4 LORs

After being FQ-NS January I honestly was super disappointed and didn't update my packet for this board. I am very new to the army so it was hard showing my worth but don't get discouraged.

• Like 3

Envious. Any reason you got earlier dates?

I can't believe I am still waiting to go. 11 months from signing contract until BCT.

I asked for earlier dates. 11 months is ludicrous!

I lucked out with timing in all seriousness. When I asked they simultaneously had a guy who had dropped out of the DEP for whatever reason. 5 weeks is actually a little tight to try to get my affairs in order but Im certainly not complaining!

And Ill be able to give you guys the skinny from what I learn in WOCS pending whatever NDAs they make us sign.

I asked for earlier dates. 11 months is ludicrous!

I lucked out with timing in all seriousness. When I asked they simultaneously had a guy who had dropped out of the DEP for whatever reason. 5 weeks is actually a little tight to try to get my affairs in order but Im certainly not complaining!

And Ill be able to give you guys the skinny from what I learn in WOCS pending whatever NDAs they make us sign.

BRO maybe u got my slot. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY WERE PuSHING ON ME? they want edme as soon as May-June for WOCS. and BCT for april...

I begged and pleaded so hard and told them there were guys like you and kevin who wanted the earlier dates. I had to call several times to get someone with actual pull over at rucker to push me back to October for wocs

Age 27

GT: 123

APFT: 223 lol, yea about that

5500 req- 20% body fat when submitted

SIFT: 58

E-5 5 years TIS

College: 28 credit hours (25 from JST)

15T2F- 1200 hrs flight time (crew chief)

LOR’s 1- COL 1- CPT 1- CW4

Awards- does that matter?

No waivers req

I listed all these stats as encouragement to some of the lurkers out there with self doubt that would never put in the paperwork. It IS possible to have an absolute crap pt score, require body fat assessments, and little to no college to get picked up. Longetivity- I’ve got it, my essay depicts a Sgt with a thirst for more knowledge and responsibility. I was nothing special. Truth be told I’m sitting here still wondering how they even selected me. For you guys that didn’t get selected I suggest you get very strong LOR’,s the more personal the better and quantifiable is key. Everyone on that board had some hot shot writing a letter about how awesome they are but 80% of them had no actual data to back that up. At the end of the day that is just some officers opinion of you, nothing else. I have the luxury of being in Hohenfels, Germany literally surrounded by CW3-4s (like 10+). I spoke with most of them and picked the best of them to look at my packet. Almost every single one gave me different advice about it, surprisingly a lot of it was conflicting information. At the end of the day I did my own thing with the information supplied and submitted. Remember that the packet is yours, they may be the SME but the board only sees the product you send in. I would like to think that the board decided fairly and that my background didn't come into play, but to be honest the whole thing is a crapshoot. Keep submitting. FQ-NS- so what! Get the waiver for 6 month waiting and resubmit. I personally know a WO that submitted for 3 years before being accepted and you know what? His wings still look exactly the same as everyone else's! The CWO's I work with have made numerous emails and phone calls to colleagues that have participated on the boards, and let me just say you would be absolutely appalled in the manner some people are selected. " essay doesn't say I've always wanted to be a ... " FQ-NS. These board members are people with there own opinions on what a Soldier/ Aviator should be. There is no regulation governing the exact selection criteria for these guys. Try to get there attention, after all you are fighting for you to become a warrant officer no one else and they could give a hoot less about you personally. To them you are just a packet. Good luck to those of you FQ-NS, don't give up and let me know if I can help. To the Q-S well... I'll see you at WOCS.

~Stay Classy~

WOLO

• Like 2