March Board 2019

Just got selected first look this board. Stats are as follows:

ASVAB GT: 123

SIFT: 41

APFT: 271

EDUCATION: 28 Credits

FLIGHT: None

LORS: O-3, O-5, W5, 2 star, SF Full Bird

OTHER INFO: Active Duty, E-5(submitted and got boarded as an E-4), 25U, 2.5 years TIS

PHYSICAL: Stamped and Approved

WAIVERS: "LASIK Medical" I put it in quotes since LASIK is the most common waiver and gets instantly approved.

Had multiple people review my resume and all agreed it was very strongly written. Also the LOR from a two-star. If anyone here is struggling try shooting that high up the tree, worst thing they'll say is no. That's what worked for me.

• Like 1

Just got selected first look this board. Stats are as follows:

ASVAB GT: 123

SIFT: 41

APFT: 271

EDUCATION: 28 Credits

FLIGHT: None

LORS: O-3, O-5, W5, 2 star, SF Full Bird

OTHER INFO: Active Duty, E-5(submitted and got boarded as an E-4), 25U, 2.5 years TIS

PHYSICAL: Stamped and Approved

WAIVERS: "LASIK Medical" I put it in quotes since LASIK is the most common waiver and gets instantly approved.

Had multiple people review my resume and all agreed it was very strongly written. Also the LOR from a two-star. If anyone here is struggling try shooting that high up the tree, worst thing they'll say is no. That's what worked for me.

I feel relieved!!! We almost have the same stats. This post gave me hope that there is a chance for me being selected. However, I only have 3 LoRs, CW3,O5,CW5. If you don't mind, I sent you a PM. I'd like to ask for your help. Thanking you in advance.

What were your stats if you don't mind my asking?

Yeah man for sure!

APFT: 285

GT: 125

SIFT: 48

LORs: O3, O5 (both chain of command guys) CW5 recommender (frequently sits on the WO selection board, last time he did was this past January board), and O5

College: Associates degree in paramedicine with 3.8 GPA

100+additional credits towards bachelors 2.81 gpa

No waivers

No flight time

E6 with 7 yrs in. 68W DA select recruiter currently

I grew up with a guy whos dad is now a 1 star in Texas. Im going to reach out to him and see if he will write me an LOR. Also, Im currently writing a contract for an OCS candidate whos dad is a former Assistant SECDEF. Do you think thatll help or just clutter my packet?

Yeah man for sure!

APFT: 285

GT: 125

SIFT: 48

LORs: O3, O5 (both chain of command guys) CW5 recommender (frequently sits on the WO selection board, last time he did was this past January board), and O5

College: Associates degree in paramedicine with 3.8 GPA

100+additional credits towards bachelors 2.81 gpa

No waivers

No flight time

E6 with 7 yrs in. 68W DA select recruiter currently

I grew up with a guy whos dad is now a 1 star in Texas. Im going to reach out to him and see if he will write me an LOR. Also, Im currently writing a contract for an OCS candidate whos dad is a former Assistant SECDEF. Do you think thatll help or just clutter my packet?

I say the one of the kid who you grew up with would be better. Having high ranking people can be nice but not if they're just saying generic stuff about you. The board wants to have people who can speak on your character because integrity is your biggest thing as a warrant.

Hey all, pretty new here and to this whole WOFT deal. So is there a board every other month? In other words, when I submit my packet on friday, will I have to wait until late may to hear back? My recruiter did not know much about the process.

gratz. did u receive it through email or did you base it off your reservation/enlistment documents?

I got that date from a verbal conversation. The actual date changed, my report date to “ship” is 29 April and my paperwork says the class starts on 15 May

• Like 1

Hey all, pretty new here and to this whole WOFT deal. So is there a board every other month? In other words, when I submit my packet on friday, will I have to wait until late may to hear back? My recruiter did not know much about the process.

Yes it is every other month. Next board is in May.

Be sure to check out all the information listed on this forum. Lots of helpful information here!

• Like 1

Can someone who was selected as active duty send me their resume please. I dont understand why I wasnt selected

Recently received a brief regarding accessions. Im not sure your situation, but they are trending away from taking 100% senior NCOs out of the prior service applicants. Its all about getting as much time out of you as possible. Theyve established quotas for each rank that they fulfill when selecting on boards.

• Like 1

Recently received a brief regarding accessions. Im not sure your situation, but they are trending away from taking 100% senior NCOs out of the prior service applicants. Its all about getting as much time out of you as possible. Theyve established quotas for each rank that they fulfill when selecting on boards.

Ive also been told this, they were getting to many people retiring at CW2 and not having enough personal to go into the CW3 slots. On top of the huge need the army has for pilots right now they are pushing to have people for longer periods of time. They are looking to change the enlistment obligation from 6 to 8 years for pilots so that will be coming down the pipeline. They are investing a lot of time and money into you and people are retiring right after their first contract. The quotas are their way of remedying that.

Basically they have a very little slots for E-7, E-6, more for E-5, but for E-4 and below there aren't much quotas, again also board dependent as well some boards may have more or less slots for each rank. Right now these quotas are just based on your grade not so much your age.

• Like 1

Any Civilian applicants, on here willing to help educate me on the process for the reserves. I have a friend who is a civilian pilot who wants to go through the process, but just need a little more information. He want's to go the reserve route, as an AD selectee I am not sure of what he needs to apply.