March Board 2019

It seems I'm getting mixed information.

My recruiter is telling me the packet deadline is March 4th. Is that accurate? Because on the website it's telling me that the UPDATES deadline is March 4th and the packet deadline was January 18th

Recruiter is scheduling my SIFT for next week because he wants me to have my packet in by March 4th (mind you I just started gathering LOR's, but haven't done my flight physical, or AFPT). Don't want to rush this if I don't have to.

Civilian Applicant

GT: 123

SIFT: Next Thursday

AFPT: Not scheduled

Education: B.A. - 3.9 GPA

LOR: In progress of gathering (Federal Probation Officer I interned for), (CW4 who wants to see my AFPT before he agrees to interview me), and O3 (Retired) USMC Aviator (who is also my Uncle, so this might not fly as I hear they don't want family references).

Flight Physical: Scheduling

is your uncle from your dad's side? and did you use the military recommendation form? (I ask cuz they require disclosure of your relationship on it)

M250, thanks for the reply and congrats! I saw your posts on the January board and it seems like we have similar stats so that gives me hope haha. What did you find helped you most on the sift? I've been studying a few different books but only a week away now so crunch time on the most important stuff

Jrok

I googled the online practice test to practice the hidden shapes and aircraft attitude from the picture type questions.

For the bulk of the test I just studied the FAA helicopter flying handbook FAA-H-8083-21A. I notice now that there is an FAA-H-8083-21 that is the Rotorcraft Flying Handbook, and am not sure what the difference was. Every actual helicopter or flight question on my SIFT was covered in the book, except for one dealing with airspace, one with army aviation specific airframes, and one asking about a specific flight control input/situation.

I felt it prepared me very well.

Best of luck!

Hello, I am a civilian WOFT applicant. I have submitted my packet to the March board. Here are my stats:
GT: 126
SIFT: 54
APFT: 240 (Regretfully took a break from fitness after High School. Still working to raise it more.)
LOR's: CW4 (160th SOAR; AV/153E), CW4 (160th SOAR; AV/152C), CW5 (Retired; AV/152D), Retired Vietnam Aviator (Personal reference / Family friend), O-5 (Retired U.S. Army / V.A. Coordinator at my school.)
School: 68 Credits; 3.52 GPA. (A.S. Physics / 1 Year Certification in Computer-Aided Drafting; Expected Grad Date: 07MAY2019.)
Military: None
Flight: None
Physical: Stamped - Fully Qualified
Clearance: Interim Secret
Med/Moral Waivers: None
Battalion: Quality Checked / Submitted to Fort Knox.
Summary: I understand that my age is a bit young compared to most applicants. I have been told by my LOR Aviators that my age is an advantage. According to them, it is due to the Army getting more years out of me, and I'm less likely to have medical issues soon into my career... However I could see age being a disadvantage as well, because I haven't been able to get as much life experience as older applicants. I did not include a resume, as my recruiter said that civilians are not supposed to do so, and that it would have failed the Battalion quality check if I had included one. Finally, my stats aren't quite as high as other applicants, but hopefully my Essay and LOR's compensate.
Good luck to all of those in the March board!

Hello, I am a civilian WOFT applicant. I have submitted my packet to the March board. Here are my stats:

GT: 126

SIFT: 54

APFT: 240 (Regretfully took a break from fitness after High School. Still working to raise it more.)

LOR's: CW4 (160th SOAR; AV/153E), CW4 (160th SOAR; AV/152C), CW5 (Retired; AV/152D), Retired Vietnam Aviator (Personal reference / Family friend), O-5 (Retired U.S. Army / V.A. Coordinator at my school.)

School: 68 Credits; 3.52 GPA. (A.S. Physics / 1 Year Certification in Computer-Aided Drafting; Expected Grad Date: 07MAY2019.)
Military: None
Physical: Stamped - Fully Qualified
Clearance: Interim Secret
Med/Moral Waivers: None
Battalion: Quality Checked / Submitted to Fort Knox.
Summary: I understand that my age is a bit young compared to most applicants. I have been told by my LOR Aviators that my age is an advantage. According to them, it is due to the Army getting more years out of me, and I'm less likely to have medical issues soon into my career... However I could see age being a disadvantage as well, because I haven't been able to get as much life experience as older applicants. I did not include a resume, as my recruiter said that civilians are not supposed to do so, and that it would have failed the Battalion quality check if I had included one. Finally, my stats aren't quite as high as other applicants, but hopefully my Essay and LOR's compensate.
Good luck to all of those in the March board!

love the LORs mahn. Can't imagine a reason they wouldn't pick you save for the whole experience and maturity thing u mentioned.

• Like 1

love the LORs mahn. Can't imagine a reason they wouldn't pick you save for the whole experience and maturity thing u mentioned.

Yeah luckily I live next to Fort Campbell. It helped me in getting LOR's for sure. I am actually pretty close friends with one of those 160th CW4's, so he was able to write about my personality and character as well. In terms of life experience & maturity, I'm a very independent individual. I have lived with my wife for almost two years. We moved into together at 18, and I turn 20 this Summer. Perhaps my independence and life experience thus far, will be seen as a positive to the board. My wife's a bit apprehensive about me doing this, but after we had that 160th friend over for dinner, he alleviated most of her anxieties about it.

Yeah luckily I live next to Fort Campbell. It helped me in getting LOR's for sure. I am actually pretty close friends with one of those 160th CW4's, so he was able to write about my personality and character as well. In terms of life experience & maturity, I'm a very independent individual. I have lived with my wife for almost two years. We moved into together at 18, and I turn 20 this Summer. Perhaps my independence and life experience thus far, will be seen as a positive to the board. My wife's a bit apprehensive about me doing this, but after we had that 160th friend over for dinner, he alleviated most of her anxieties about it.

Solid LORs. Do you already have a clearance?

A bit premature, but has anyone wondered about the class dates? I've backread a bit and I've seen some guys get selected by the January Board but have different class dates. (Some guys are attending WOCS this Month while others this August.)

Would that mean that the slots for those months were reserved SOLELY for the January Board? And that this batch won't have chance of attending WOCS this coming August?

A bit premature, but has anyone wondered about the class dates? I've backread a bit and I've seen some guys get selected by the January Board but have different class dates. (Some guys are attending WOCS this Month while others this August.)

Would that mean that the slots for those months were reserved SOLELY for the January Board? And that this batch won't have chance of attending WOCS this coming August?

With civilians now attending 5 week WOCS, there is now a better chance of us getting a BCT date earlier.

If selected, I wouldnt expect to start anything before July. In reality, unless we get selected and until we see dates on a contract theres no way to know.

• Like 2

With civilians now attending 5 week WOCS, there is now a better chance of us getting a BCT date earlier.

If selected, I wouldnt expect to start anything before July. In reality, unless we get selected and until we see dates on a contract theres no way to know.

5 weeks?!? wow i thought 7 week was still the standard for civilian BCT. On the class date, I have a hunch next batch will probably start in October or November

• Like 1

Only the interim. They said the actual clearance could still be processing while I'm in BCT.

On top of being selected, this is what I'm most worried about. I've heard that recruits are forced to reclass if they can't get a final security clearance. (this has happened in other MOS's)

has anyone heard this happening to WOFT applicants?

• Like 1

Spitfire: I am not AD and this is my first board. However I have seen two posts about guys getting selected on their second look with no changes to their packet.

That being said generally you want to improve your packet however possible. Like my plan for FQ-NS since I dont have much room to raise my GT or APFT is to revise letters of recommendation and essay.

On top of being selected, this is what I'm most worried about. I've heard that recruits are forced to reclass if they can't get a final security clearance. (this has happened in other MOS's)

has anyone heard this happening to WOFT applicants?

It does not happen often. As long as you were truthful and dont have massive debt you will be fine. They dont care about embarrassing stuff in your past, but lying about it shows the ability to be influenced and thats what they frown upon.

But yes you would either have to finish as enlisted in whatever the Army needs or would be separated.

• Like 2

Hey everyone my flight physical still hasn't come back yet so there's no way I'm making the March Board. Everyone who has posted on this thread has some solid stats so maybe it's a good thing I didn't make it on this board! Anyways, best of luck to all!

that's the longest part. i feel for you. the wait is harrowing

• Like 1

First time applicant

Civilian

GT: 138

SIFT: 65

APFT: 297

LOR's: USAF O5- Family Friend and retired F-16 pilot, USMC MARSOC O5 Last Battalion Commander, USMC MARSOC O4 Last Company Commander, 3x USMC MARSOC O3s Former Team Commanders

School: 45 credits, 4.0 GPA towards B.S.in Aeronautics

Military: 9 years USMC AD, 4 years infantry, 5 years MARSOC operator

Physical: Stamped - With vision wavier

Med/Moral Waivers: Vision but stamped approved

Best of luck to everyone and a huge thanks to this website for the plethora of helpful info.

• Like 2