March Board 2019

5 weeks?!? wow i thought 7 week was still the standard for civilian BCT. On the class date, I have a hunch next batch will probably start in October or November

I feel that way too. It seems I have one of the latest class dates in september, Class 22, from the Jan select guys and my stats werent amazing comparatively. I honestly feel like they give dates by OML which would make sense but I may be getting into the weeds with this thinking.

I feel that way too. It seems I have one of the latest class dates in september, Class 22, from the Jan select guys and my stats werent amazing comparatively. I honestly feel like they give dates by OML which would make sense but I may be getting into the weeds with this thinking.

I wouldn't mind getting a later class date as long as I get in. if you don't mind me asking what were your stats. i'd appreciate some feedback even in a pm. this batch looks really competitive

Generally 2 weeks before the start of the board, which was March 4th. I have seen people say 1-2 weeks though, it will depend on your recruiters, USAREC turn around, and any need for waivers.

Yup. It really depends on how adamant your recruiter is on getting you to this board. There's a lot of back and forth between the "proponent" and the recruiter.

A little off topic, but there's this one fresh grad (college) who scored a 78 on the SIFT. And from what I heard his recruiter put off his packet until they can find quality LORs. He's been waiting for at least 4 months now. He could've been on this board with us.

I guess they want to be a shoe in on his first take

Why is there such a quick turn around for civilian applicants and delay for active duty military?

In terms of packet submission, approval, and selection, there are about 3 times as many AD applicants as civilians to sort through if Im not mistaken. Id guess there is also a longer chain of events that takes place for AD guys.

how will civilians get access to the results next week if we don't have a milper account

Monty, I could be mistaken. But I believe you will receive an email stating that you were selected. If not, its not uncommon for people to post the MILPER message on FB or via DM to you if you ask around (at least, that's how the E-7 board results go).

• Like 1

Monty, I could be mistaken. But I believe you will receive an email stating that you were selected. If not, its not uncommon for people to post the MILPER message on FB or via DM to you if you ask around (at least, that's how the E-7 board results go).

Thanks. I was hoping to learn of the results myself.

Maybe someone with access could screenshot the milper message and post it on this thread for everyone to see. I understand from previous posts that everyone had a difficult time gaining access. That phone call just adds to the anxiety

civilians results have never been included in the Miller messages. Everybody that I've seen get the news through the recruiters.
  • Like 2

Don't feel bad. I was selected on the September board and my WOCS date is October...

• Like 1

Yup. It really depends on how adamant your recruiter is on getting you to this board. There's a lot of back and forth between the "proponent" and the recruiter.

A little off topic, but there's this one fresh grad (college) who scored a 78 on the SIFT. And from what I heard his recruiter put off his packet until they can find quality LORs. He's been waiting for at least 4 months now. He could've been on this board with us.

I guess they want to be a shoe in on his first take

LORs are generally more important than SIFT. As far as I have seen based on this board, the SIFT is more or less a "pass or fail". A high score can be a deciding factor. But the essay, LORs, and APFT have much more weight to them.

were you a civilian applicant? when was basic scheduled for you?

Yep, civilian applicant.

When I did the September board (the last board with Battalion interviews) they "ran out" of class dates and I had to wait to get mine for another week.

When I finally signed my contract it showed a 7 week WOCS class with a July BCT date.

Not sure if the 7 week class will stick or not based on what's going on, but we shall see. Other people that signed their contracts 2 days before I did got February BCT dates. So I guess I just missed out on the closer dates. Quite a few people were in my situation and now people being picked up on the November and January boards are shipping before we are. Sucks, but what can you do?

• Like 1

Yep, civilian applicant.

When I did the September board (the last board with Battalion interviews) they "ran out" of class dates and I had to wait to get mine for another week.

When I finally signed my contract it showed a 7 week WOCS class with a July BCT date.

Not sure if the 7 week class will stick or not based on what's going on, but we shall see. Other people that signed their contracts 2 days before I did got February BCT dates. So I guess I just missed out on the closer dates. Quite a few people were in my situation and now people being picked up on the November and January boards are shipping before we are. Sucks, but what can you do?

interesting. maybe some guys washed out

I think it may be because when I signed on before the new fiscal year started, I was assigned a 7 week WOCS course which are way less frequent. Now that everyone gets 5 week WOCS, they can be pushed into classes sooner. I have a feeling my WOCS will get changed to a 5 week course anyway even though my contract says 7. Just one of those weird things that happens during a transition.

We were all placed into a wormhole as soon as our packets were submitted.

Close.

V616 Monocerotis - the closest black hole to Earth - has actually closed the distance on our solar system. Its immense gravity is now affecting us and causing time dilation, slowing our perception of days, hours, and minutes.

Passing the time with the Rotary Wing Show podcast (lots of great lessons and funny stories) work, and gym.

Anyone else trying not to think about it too much? Anyone else failing?

Close.

V616 Monocerotis - the closest black hole to Earth - has actually closed the distance on our solar system. Its immense gravity is now affecting us and causing time dilation, slowing our perception of days, hours, and minutes.

Passing the time with the Rotary Wing Show podcast (lots of great lessons and funny stories) work, and gym.

Anyone else trying not to think about it too much? Anyone else failing?

I currently have a job in retail and my work is mindless. I try not to think about it, but it always seems to creep up on me throughout the day. Homework keeps me occupied when not at work along with some exercise. At least the wait will be over next week.