March Board 2019

to pass the time... dream sheet (e.g., airframe and duty station) anyone?

*ONLY 1 airframe and 1 duty station. NO alternates!

I've my eyes on a WORKING Apache and Ft. Lewis. (Ft. Lewis cuz I can't be selfish and have to think about my gf who likes to go places.)

• Like 1

I've my eyes on a WORKING Apache and Ft. Lewis. (Ft. Lewis cuz I can't be selfish and have to think about my gf who likes to go places.)

A blackhawk and Germany would be the ultimate for me. I'd love to do some flying over the countryside there.

Good luck with finding a working Apache.

Good luck with finding a working Apache.

True... with so many accidents and inherent defects (e.g., strap packs, BUCS), it isn't an attractive airframe at all. That said, it's here to stay. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also don't think the new FVL program will affect this? From what I understand, the program only intends to replace black hawks and kiowas

True... with so many accidents and inherent defects (e.g., strap packs, BUCS), it isn't an attractive airframe at all. That said, it's here to stay. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also don't think the new FVL program will affect this? From what I understand, the program only intends to replace black hawks and kiowas

I hate to break it to you about the kiowa warrior....

*From what Ive read* the apache issues are largely overstated. Fantastically stable fully aerobatic airframe to fly, coupled with a multi tasking god its an amazing asset. Im sure its still a great airframe.

But as far as I know yes, FVL is slated to replace the blackhawk.

*From what Ive read* the apache issues are largely overstated. Fantastically stable fully aerobatic airframe to fly, coupled with a multi tasking god its an amazing asset. Im sure its still a great airframe.

on the kiowa... yeah it's gone. the Army hasn't replaced it yet. I think the FVL program is also suppossed to supply the replacement for the kiowa though.

hopefully you're right about the Apache

• Like 1

The problems aren't overstated. It's a great helicopter when it works and a ton of fun to fly but it will kill you in ways you won't even know about until it happens. Couple that with terrible Boeing product support and part quality and it's a good time.

• Like 1

The problems aren't overstated. It's a great helicopter when it works and a ton of fun to fly but it will kill you in ways you won't even know about until it happens. Couple that with terrible Boeing product support and part quality and it's a good time.

I may be flamed for this, but would looking for suppliers outside of the US help? (making an analogy between american made cars and japanese cars) I mean look at their observation helicopter, i.e, Kawasaki OH-1

then again, the question would shift to what would happen if the two countries go to war. where would the Army get its parts/ fleet from. plus it would put Japan in such a powerful position. American-made it is fuuuuuu

I may be flamed for this, but would looking for suppliers outside of the US help? (making an analogy between american made cars and japanese cars) I mean look at their observation helicopter, i.e, Kawasaki OH-1

then again, the question would shift to what would happen if the two countries go to war. where would the Army get its parts/ fleet from. plus it would put Japan in such a powerful position. American-made it is fuuuuuu

There is no way the U.S. would trust a supplier in another country to build present day aircrafts. Just imagine the risks of another country installing the software on our aircrafts.

Cars are one thing but even they can be remotely disabled from a device called a "starter interrupter".

Now imagine an overseas company with the capabilities of sabotaging our entire fleet.

There is no way the U.S. would trust a supplier in another country to build present day aircrafts. Just imagine the risks of another country installing the software on our aircrafts.

Cars are one thing but even they can be remotely disabled from a device called a "starter interrupter".

Now imagine an overseas company with the capabilities of sabotaging our entire fleet.

I agree. just putting this here for thought. on the other hand, the risk could be mitigated if the supplier was from an allied country. One example is the Lakota which the Army uses. (I think the company that supplies this is from Europe)

• Like 1

I agree. just putting this here for thought. on the other hand, the risk could be mitigated if the supplier was from an allied country. One example is the Lakota which the Army uses. (I think the company that supplies this is from Europe)

The difference is the Lakota is pretty much an off the shelf civilian helicopter and not used for actual military missions.

• Like 1

The difference is the Lakota is pretty much an off the shelf civilian helicopter and not used for actual military missions.

An off the shelf civilian helicopter that is built in the GOOD OLE US OF A!

And Im pretty sure we do get parts for acft from other countries like China, I seem to remember there being a big problem with avionics components from China finding their way in to c-130s and causing problems.

• Like 1

Here we go, board finally convenes today. Civilians should hopefully know by Wednesday, I pity the AD folks who have to wait longer to know the results.

Hoping for high selection numbers for both sides.

I hope you guys are holding tight. I'm losing my mind already