March Board 2019

Automatically resubmitted for following board if FQ-NS.

If 2 strikes then you must wait 6 months before a 3rd submission attempt can be made.

Dyin what are your packet stats? GT, SIFT, APFT, LORs etc

Still have the opportunity to make improvements and corrections with that automatic resubmit, Im assuming?

Off the top of my head they are:

Asvab/GT: 99/130 something

SIFT: 55

APFT: 250 (bombed, taken in 10 degree weather but no excuse :/)

BA in Marketing/Communications

7 years enlisted in the NG

LORS: O-5 Blackhawk pilot/family friend, O-4 former CO, O-4 ret, civilian job manager.

Still have the opportunity to make improvements and corrections with that automatic resubmit, Im assuming?

Off the top of my head they are:

Asvab/GT: 99/130 something

SIFT: 55

APFT: 250 (bombed, taken in 10 degree weather but no excuse :/)

BA in Marketing/Communications

7 years enlisted in the NG

LORS: O-5 Blackhawk pilot/family friend, O-4 former CO, O-4 ret, civilian job manager.

Don't feel too bad, my PT was a 243... Also took mine in cold weather, however if I am FQ-NS, I will be obviously raising it. My understanding is that you can make updates, Yes.

• Like 1

Don't feel too bad, my PT was a 243... Also took mine in cold weather, however if I am FQ-NS, I will be obviously raising it. My understanding is that you can make updates, Yes.

Mine sucked too. I had a diarrhea attack during my PT test... And I feel I bombed it together with my SIFT. I was also supposed to obtain an LOR from a CW5 aviator, but the board's schedule didn't meet his. Yet, I went ahead and submitted my packet just to get on this board.

This is probably not my best packet, but I'm sure most of us at this point are thinking, "I should've done this" or " I should've done that". So I completely understand where you're coming from.

• Like 1

Mine sucked too. I had a diarrhea attack during my PT test... And I feel I bombed it together with my SIFT. I was also supposed to obtain an LOR from a CW5 aviator, but the board's schedule didn't meet his. Yet, I went ahead and submitted my packet just to get on this board.

This is probably not my best packet, but I'm sure most of us at this point are thinking, "I should've done this" or " I should've done that". So I completely understand where you're coming from.

On the flip side, in my case: If we are selected, it will prove that sometimes good LOR's and a decent Essay can make up for deficiencies. The CW5 who recommended me was in charge of Personnel for the Aviation Branch. He emailed me: "Don't worry about PT for the board so much, It can and WILL improve in your career, and the board knows this..." Obviously he isn't saying that PT should be neglected, he just informed me that there are more important considerations.

Not sure if most of you have talked with many CW5's, but generally when they say something, it should be taken with far more than a grain of salt.

omg thank you Duckhawk! Selected! I want to say that everyone here has been a great source of help and inspiration. I was so close to disqualifying myself and enlisting instead. But this thread, like many others before it, gave me the courage to apply and stick with the process

This is a touch move! no takebacks Duckhawk!

• Like 1

omg thank you Duckhawk! Selected! I want to say that everyone here has been a great source of help and inspiration. I was so close to disqualifying myself and enlisting instead. But this thread, like many others before it, gave me the courage to apply and stick with the process

This is a touch move! no takebacks Duckhawk!

Congrats man! Did you receive an email notifying you?

Selected.

I visualized this day for the last 15 months, I dreamed this into reality.

Could not have done it without the wealth of information on this board. I have the chance to really make a meaningful impact on others with this career. I am extremely grateful to live in a country that affords me such opportunity.

On an interesting note; It seems they now officially factor having a private pilots license into selection, as they now include PPL as one of the stats for selection.

• Like 5

Selected.

I visualized this day for the last 15 months, I dreamed this into reality.

Could not have done it without the wealth of information on this board. I have the chance to really make a meaningful impact on others with this career. I am extremely grateful to live in a country that affords me such opportunity.

On an interesting note; It seems they now officially factor having a private pilots license into selection, as they now include PPL as one of the stats for selection.

Congrats Seminole! Was rooting for you to make it.

• Like 1

Congrats Seminole! Was rooting for you to make it.

Thanks brother I really appreciate that!

None of this has any connection to reality for me, probably wont until BCT. However I am pumped to further my knowledge of aviation from aerodynamics to crew resource management. Cant wait to get this ball rolling.