March Board 2019

Would any of you guys have a sample of the contract they have us sign for WOFT at MEPS? Does it specifically mention "Rotary Wing Aviator". I'd just like to make sure that's what we sign up for.

We heard that we can't get a copy of the contract in advance of the signing date. I'd like to go over it with some friends before I commit.

You sign up for the MOS 09W, Warrant Officer candidate. 3 year AD contract w/ 5 in inactive reserve. (you sign your longer contract after you complete flight school).

• Like 1

You sign up for the MOS 09W, Warrant Officer candidate. 3 year AD contract w/ 5 in inactive reserve. (you sign your longer contract after you complete flight school).

cool. does it make reference to the longer contract and the flight school portion of the training?

Once you sign your original enlistment contract that should be it. The paperwork you fill out for your packet is essentially your agreement to serve as a warrant officer (once appointed) for as long as the government desires. There's not a contract specifying how long you're in after that point. Army Regulation 350-100 covers how long you are required to serve after completion of WOCS, flight school, other courses, PCS moves, promotions, etc. Once you complete those requirements you can request to be granted your freedom again.

• Like 2

What hold more weight in an LOR: someone knowing you personally and vouching for you, or being a more senior aviator who may have interviewed you and gives you his recommendation?

I had this same problem too. The way me and my recruiter addressed this was to throw in a mix of people who actually knew me vis-a-vis the one aviator who interviewed me. And we made sure that the CW4 who wrote my LOR had a lot of meat (credentials, essay, resume, interview) to work with.

I also had a great working relationship with my boss so that helped a lot when he wrote the recommendation letter.

What hold more weight in an LOR: someone knowing you personally and vouching for you, or being a more senior aviator who may have interviewed you and gives you his recommendation?

Idk if youre AD air not, but the CW5 who recommended me a while back ago told me even though your battalion commander or company commander know you personally, they put a lot more emphasis on WHO wrote your SWO LOR

Idk if youre AD air not, but the CW5 who recommended me a while back ago told me even though your battalion commander or company commander know you personally, they put a lot more emphasis on WHO wrote your SWO LOR

Lmao its funny you bring this up because I literally never met my SWO in person and only ever talked to him for a total of 10 minutes over the phone. I think I lucked out and he was able to formulate a good LOR based off of my NCOERs and LORs from my chain of command.

Congratulations to all who were selected!

I have quietly watched the discussion on this forum for some time and finally decided to get on it. It has been almost two years since I began the WOFT process. I have just received my second FQ/NS. Would anyone be kind enough to look at my stats and give insight as to what went wrong? According to the March stats, there were 5 people selected with only a high school diploma. Are all 5 of those people prior military or AD? I am just trying to make some sense of it, after so much speculation.

Civilian with no Prior military and no flight training

Asvab AFQT: 98

GT: 132

SIFT: 67

APFT: 274

LORs: LTC; USMC (ret), LTC; Army (ret), CPT; Army AV Commanding, CW3, CW2, Air Force Major (ret)

College: 72 credits completed with no degree (3.5 GPA)

Thank you for helping, I really appreciate it.

I've been following the forum for a while now. I'm actually an AD recruiter in Madison, Wisconsin. Some of you all's recruiters are absolute jokes if they're not busting their balls to get your info to you and that's unfortunate for you all.
I've been putting my packet together for about a year now, and I'm anxiously awaiting the list to know whether or not I got picked up this last week. My old lady has been bugging me since I joined the Army over 6 years ago to drop a packet and it didn't occur to me to actually do it until I got that DA-select email to be a recruiter. My stats are below.

AFQT/GT: 96/125
SIFT: 48
APFT: 287 (or 285, I cant remember)
LORs: O3, O5, CW5 aviator, and O5 former Bn commander
College: associates degree (paramedic) 3.6 or something close, 100+ additional credits towards BA 2.84 I think
6 years AD, 68W, SSG

Congratulations to all who were selected!

I have quietly watched the discussion on this forum for some time and finally decided to get on it. It has been almost two years since I began the WOFT process. I have just received my second FQ/NS. Would anyone be kind enough to look at my stats and give insight as to what went wrong? According to the March stats, there were 5 people selected with only a high school diploma. Are all 5 of those people prior military or AD? I am just trying to make some sense of it, after so much speculation.

Civilian with no Prior military and no flight training

Asvab AFQT: 98

GT: 132

SIFT: 67

APFT: 274

LORs: LTC; USMC (ret), LTC; Army (ret), CPT; Army AV Commanding, CW3, CW2, Air Force Major (ret)

College: 72 credits completed with no degree (3.5 GPA)

Thank you for helping, I really appreciate it.

Honestly with your stats here the only thing I could say is holding you back would have to be your essay. You could possible narrow down your LoRs to the 3 best ones, but I don't see why you wouldn't get picked up twice unless there are some errors in your packet somewhere. Double check everything and make sure you don't find any grammatical mistakes in anything (including the LoRs).

The AD board is separate from the civilian board, so the high school diplomas selected wouldn't be AD.

If youre FQ/N-S does your packet get automatically resubmitted for the next convening board? Or do you have to submit it manually by the deadline? As a caveat to that question, does that mean if you have to submit for each board manually that you submit for two boards? Or do you have to skip a board (at the rate of woft going every other month). If this question is a bit confusing Ill break it down.

I submitted for March 2019. The March board dates were 18-22. I understand that a lot of other people found out results last week but my recruiter just now notified me that I was non-select. The May 2019 board dates are 13-17 but the deadline was March 22. So, does that mean if I want to submit for the next board (even though I wasnt notified about my results of the current board) that I would potentially have had to submit my packet by March 22, thus having packets in two boards? I can see how this is confusing and may even come off as lacking confidence in my packet for the current board ( but on the flip side I would want to make most efficient use of my time). I cant imagine that the army would allow a person to submit packets to two boards simultaneously.

But, if my packet is automatically submitted to the May board then this was a long winded question for a short answer. Im just trying to make sure all of my facts are straight; my recruiter has not been very good about disseminating information to me or even about having correct information to disseminate. Some clarity would be much appreciated! Thanks guys

If youre FQ/N-S does your packet get automatically resubmitted for the next convening board? Or do you have to submit it manually by the deadline? As a caveat to that question, does that mean if you have to submit for each board manually that you submit for two boards? Or do you have to skip a board (at the rate of woft going every other month). If this question is a bit confusing Ill break it down.

I submitted for March 2019. The March board dates were 18-22. I understand that a lot of other people found out results last week but my recruiter just now notified me that I was non-select. The May 2019 board dates are 13-17 but the deadline was March 22. So, does that mean if I want to submit for the next board (even though I wasnt notified about my results of the current board) that I would potentially have had to submit my packet by March 22, thus having packets in two boards? I can see how this is confusing and may even come off as lacking confidence in my packet for the current board ( but on the flip side I would want to make most efficient use of my time). I cant imagine that the army would allow a person to submit packets to two boards simultaneously.

But, if my packet is automatically submitted to the May board then this was a long winded question for a short answer. Im just trying to make sure all of my facts are straight; my recruiter has not been very good about disseminating information to me or even about having correct information to disseminate. Some clarity would be much appreciated! Thanks guys

You will automatically be looked at again on the next board, no submission required. If you are non-select a second time you have to wait 6 months before you can re-apply. You would have to manually re-apply in that case.

You can, however, update your packet for the next board to help improve APFT scores, update essay, etc.

I'm not quite positive about the civilian component answer to this question, but on the AD side you are automatically submitted to the next board. E.g if January 2019 was your first submission and you were FQ-NS then you would automatically be entered into the March 2019 cycle (provided it is your first submission). Assuming that it is your second consecutive submission and you were FQ-NS you must incur a 12 month waiting period (waiverable) before submitting again.

As an AD Recruiter, I apologize for the shortcomings of you guys' recruiters. feel free to reach out to me should you have any questions or concerns or if you're just looking for a change in recruiter to someone who has skin in this flying game themselves.

Good luck, all!

Thanks for the reply and good luck with your packet!

So thats good news that my packet will automatically resubmit for May 2019. Im stoked about that because if that were not the case then I would have to wait until July. My recruiter kept insisting that he didnt have results last week. And today when I asked him to resubmit he said you can only apply to woft once..

There have been other instances during this whole process where I got intuitions that he is sandbagging me but I could never be sure and always gave him the benefit of the doubt. After all, I do have to rely on him for a lot of steps of my packet. That being said, I can do the improvements and corrections to my packet for the May board on my own, I just need him to submit my updates.

How would I go about changing recruiters at this stage in the process anyways?

Selected on first look

GT: 138
SIFT: 65
APFT: 297
LOR's: USAF O5- Family Friend and retired F-16 pilot, USMC MARSOC O5 Last Battalion Commander, USMC MARSOC O4 Last Company Commander, 3x USMC MARSOC O3s Former Team Commanders

School: 45 credits, 4.0 GPA towards B.S.in Aeronautics
Military: 9 years USMC AD, 4 years infantry, 5 years MARSOC operator
Flight: None
Physical: Stamped - With vision wavier
Med/Moral Waivers: Vision but stamped approved

Leave for WOCS on March 8th

If anyone has any vis on these supposed pre-WOCS online course's please shoot me a pm. Im short on time and want to stay ahead of the curve.

• Like 1

Whoops my bad, I meant May 8th

How did you manage to snag an early WOC class date? I know of an earlier selectee who got a September class date. I prefer the latter date (i.e., September) so I have time to fix my affairs (e.g., turnover of work, business relations) before I ship out.

Did you specifically request an early WOC class date or BCT date? Do we have a choice in the matter?

You will automatically be looked at again on the next board, no submission required. If you are non-select a second time you have to wait 6 months before you can re-apply. You would have to manually re-apply in that case.

You can, however, update your packet for the next board to help improve APFT scores, update essay, etc.

So my recruiter is telling me he doesnt know that my packet is automatically resubmitted. While Im telling him it is and I just want to be able to make updates to it hes shooting me down on that too. First he told me civilian woft can only apply once. Then he tells me I missed the deadline for the May board since it was last week. Now he tells me I cant make updates to my packet. He says that if I want to resubmit it needs to all be done and completed at once and be submitted. Meaning I would have to get all of my updates done and submit for the July board. My concern is that if my packet is automatically submitted to the May board and he doesnt submit any of my updates because he thinks I cant...then I might be passed up twice without him even trying.

• Like 1

How did you manage to snag an early WOC class date? I know of an earlier selectee who got a September class date. I prefer the latter date (i.e., September) so I have time to fix my affairs (e.g., turnover of work, business relations) before I ship out.

Did you specifically request an early WOC class date or BCT date? Do we have a choice in the matter?

I think his situation has to do more with him being an inter service transfer. Id assume itd be handled more like a PCS (sign out of his unit, sign into WOCS). And since he probably has less affairs to get in order than the average civilian applicant they are able to push his along the pipeline

• Like 1

I think his situation has to do more with him being an inter service transfer. Id assume itd be handled more like a PCS (sign out of his unit, sign into WOCS). And since he probably has less affairs to get in order than the average civilian applicant they are able to push his along the pipeline

This is true, because he is a prior service Marine with less than a 3 year break in service (sound like 0 break in service), he does not need to go to BCT at all and he goes straight to WOCS.

• Like 1