Earlier WOFT Slots?

Hey all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get an earlier ship out date for WOFT? I was accepted in the September 2018 civilian board and got dates to ship out to BCT in July 2019 and WOFT in October 2019. It looks like the civilian candidates from the December 2018 and January 2019 board are all leaving for BCT in February 2019.

I have contacted my recruiters to try and see if we can get an earlier date but so far no luck. They tell me that I am SOL because I already signed up for a date.

I am really excited about this opportunity and if there is any way that I can get an earlier slot, please let me know. I applied with a 280 pft score, and I have no doubt I can get a perfect pt score now so a delayed entry program is not necessary for me to get ready.

Thanks!

I got news from my recruiters today that there is nothing they can do. This is a hail mary for me hoping someone on this forum had luck switching ship out dates, or know someone who has, or even know someone who could authorize that. It looks like they have earlier wocs slots open since civilians getting accepted in later boards are leaving earlier.

Those are probably the prior service. They might have earlier dates but you need initial training and those might be filled up till summer. So they have to adjust it to the BCT opening and they might of had last minute drop outs so they got lucky.

Nope. There are many bct slots. Also if you look back at the Nov and Jan board they are not prior service.

Welcome to the Army. Youre lucky you were allowed to pick anything whatsoever

E: that came off rude. Not meant to be

Not rude, just the honest truth. The sooner new recruits understand that their life is no longer their own and nothing the Army does is done the right, smart, logical or efficient way the easier their lives will be.

• Like 1

Not rude, just the honest truth. The sooner new recruits understand that their life is no longer their own and nothing the Army does is done the right, smart, logical or efficient way the easier their lives will be.

Can confirm this. Basic Training slots are not allocated just so an individual can go to BCT. Every date is tied to an Advanced Individual Training seat/slot/date. In your case your AIT is WOCS. Once its reserved you can not do anything about it, you signed the contract. Sometimes we as recruiters can see really quick ship dates but it is because someone had a job reserved and either DEP lossed or did not enlist in the 7 day window. Sorry.

Hey all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get an earlier ship out date for WOFT? I was accepted in the September 2018 civilian board and got dates to ship out to BCT in July 2019 and WOFT in October 2019. It looks like the civilian candidates from the December 2018 and January 2019 board are all leaving for BCT in February 2019.

I have contacted my recruiters to try and see if we can get an earlier date but so far no luck. They tell me that I am SOL because I already signed up for a date.

I am really excited about this opportunity and if there is any way that I can get an earlier slot, please let me know. I applied with a 280 pft score, and I have no doubt I can get a perfect pt score now so a delayed entry program is not necessary for me to get ready.

Thanks!

I was in a similar, but opposite situation as I have to leave the Coast Guard and go to BCT prior to WOCS. They put me in a class that would have me leaving earlier than I would even be able to leave the Coast Guard so I contacted Ms. Stephanie McPhan and she was able to put me in class19-020 which starts 27 August. She had me write an email explaining why, but it was super easy. Id imagine the opposite could be done since my April class now has an opening? Worth a shot

• Like 1