32 replies to this topic

#1 rlfoster83

rlfoster83

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 17:06

Figured I would start a thread for this class to see if anyone on here is headed to WOCS in Aug.

#2 tangowhiskey

tangowhiskey

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 17:14

I'll be there

#3 Bulldog21

Bulldog21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:12

Same. Pretty nervous because wife and I are handling her July 22nd due date but not sure how difficult it would be to move the whole family down before WOCS. I have to reread all of the Rucker Housing thread to find any important information regarding my situation.

#4 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:23

Same. Pretty nervous because wife and I are handling her July 22nd due date but not sure how difficult it would be to move the whole family down before WOCS. I have to reread all of the Rucker Housing thread to find any important information regarding my situation.

Active duty? If so it’s just a regular PCS, move the family like normal, find a house and report on your report date.

#5 rlfoster83

rlfoster83

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:40

My wife is due Sep.19 which is like 7 days after graduation so I feel your stress.

#6 Adriek64

Adriek64

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 18:11

Had a guy in class who's wife gave birth during the last week. all requirements but the APFT were completed and he went to the hospital with his wife and the day after, came and took the pt test and had his own graduation ceremony. As long as you keep them informed they'll work with you. Pretty sure he had his phone the last 2 weeks also but not sure.
  • SwissK31 likes this

#7 reece0517

reece0517

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:52

I'll be there. I hear there are two report dates, one for PCS and one for WOCS. Do we receive a PCS report date or just backwards plan from our WOCS report date? Taking into account 10 days for finding housing and accrued leave. I'm AD but never PCS'd before

#8 rlfoster83

rlfoster83

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 17:25

I'll be there. I hear there are two report dates, one for PCS and one for WOCS. Do we receive a PCS report date or just backwards plan from our WOCS report date? Taking into account 10 days for finding housing and accrued leave. I'm AD but never PCS'd before

Yeah I'm in your boat this is my first PCS so everything is a bit new to me. I'm waiting on my request for orders so I can start planning and asking questions through my COC.

• reece0517 likes this

#9 rlfoster83

rlfoster83

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 20:32

Did everyone get a phase 1 and 2 email? Also do we need to register online for any classes?

#10 Hodor60

Hodor60

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:42

I’ll be there y’all, got a drop seat. Oder is the name, so I’ll be a little hard to miss.

#11 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 18 July 2019 - 20:29

The cadre is pretty reasonable. We had a soldier whose wife had a complicated pregnancy and he was allowed to keep his phone on him. My wife and I had just found out she was pregnant a month earlier and I was allowed to use my phone while she was at her second ultrasound. Keep your class leadership informed and as long as the run ti up the TACs will work with you. There are many valid criticisms of the course, but the TACs were great and do care about the individual soldiers.

#12 Seaturtle

Seaturtle

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 21:00

Are you not allowed to have your phone during the course? Or is it just prohibited during instruction hours?

#13 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 18 July 2019 - 21:42

The whole first week (after integration day) you pretty much don't have your phone. After that it was permitted 3 specific times throughout the week. They are to be locked in the security room when not in use except for class leadership and historians (who keep theirs on airplane mode). Some classes let students lock them in their PSAs after the first week I guess... getting caught using it for prohibited purposes would be an integrity violation that would get you set back. And it does happen. 

All that said, the course is constantly in flux and there has been a lot of student push back on the phone policy. I doubt it's changed since May though. Cadre also has a lot of discretion. 

#14 Seminole

Seminole

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:43

Looks like I will likely be in 19-19. Just got here at Rucker, they say its too fast of a turnaround for us to jump into 19-18 which starts in a few days. Well see.

#15 Hodor60

Hodor60

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:07

Well if you are make sure to post back here. Are you on milsuite at all? I was on the shortfall lost for class 19,20,21 and literally at the beginning of July I was told I was in 19-19

#16 Seminole

Seminole

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 20:57

Well if you are make sure to post back here. Are you on milsuite at all? I was on the shortfall lost for class 19,20,21 and literally at the beginning of July I was told I was in 19-19

Nope some computer error has prevented me and a buddy from getting registered with milsuit or blackboard. Should be fixed, check security clearance status, and know by tomorrow. It sounds very unlikely we would start Wednesday with zero in processing done.

#17 Hodor60

Hodor60

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 21:29

Nope some computer error has prevented me and a buddy from getting registered with milsuit or blackboard. Should be fixed, check security clearance status, and know by tomorrow. It sounds very unlikely we would start Wednesday with zero in processing done.

I almost was booted from this class date because of a security clearance issue, apparently you go off the investigation start date not the eligibility date which no one at my unit knew. Got everything done and submitted in like four hours haha.

There is 10 of us aviation this class, Im the only reservist with a set airframe currently, everyone else is is 153a. So hopefully I can get in touch with the reserve liaison and get a WOBC date with some of yall.
  • Hodor60 likes this

#18 Seminole

Seminole

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 17:10

I almost was booted from this class date because of a security clearance issue, apparently you go off the investigation start date not the eligibility date which no one at my unit knew. Got everything done and submitted in like four hours haha.

There is 10 of us aviation this class, Im the only reservist with a set airframe currently, everyone else is is 153a. So hopefully I can get in touch with the reserve liaison and get a WOBC date with some of yall.

Just found out my clearance hasnt come through yet. No WOCS for me, I couldnt be more aggravated.
  • mike0331 likes this

#19 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 18:53

Just found out my clearance hasnt come through yet. No WOCS for me, I couldnt be more aggravated.

Just give it some time, the Army will one up that easy.
  • mike0331, SwissK31 and DSHEED like this

#20 Hodor60

Hodor60

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:49

Are you in a continuance? What steps have you taken so far?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

Guidance Home 200Genesys VR Forum 200PrecisionVRForumHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeSpectrum_VRHome200LakeSuperior200BLR 200FreeFlight_Home200MaunaLoaVRHome200