30 replies to this topic

#1 Itsmickyd

Itsmickyd

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:13

Hey everyone, I am currently active duty Coast Guard and will be attending BCT at Ft Leonard Wood on 21 May. Just figured Id start the thread for class 19-020. Anybody else on here happen to be in this WOCS class or BCT with me?

#2 Rotarywing90

Rotarywing90

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:55

Hello, i am active duty and will be at wocs class 19-20. Time cant go fast enough
  • Itsmickyd and R0cktiJump like this

#3 Itsmickyd

Itsmickyd

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:36

Yea man, I cant wait. Going through BCT will be intersting seeing as Ive been AD for 12 years now, but a necessary evil for this opportunity. I guess going through BCT right before WOCS will have me extra prepared physically and mentally for everything though

#4 Rotarywing90

Rotarywing90

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:15

Yea its going to be interesting but dont count on it getting you physically prepared as much as you think it will. Also, i hear they pick alot on guys going to WOCS right after so just keep your head up.

#5 R0cktiJump

R0cktiJump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 00:17

Heyooo. Street to Seat here. BCT at Benning starting 11 June (my MEPS report date). I can't wait for this.

I wouldn't be surprised if I got picked on in BCT, given that with only 15 weeks in the Army I'll be a WO.

#6 Pmortillo

Pmortillo

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 14:07

Heyooo. Street to Seat here. BCT at Benning starting 11 June (my MEPS report date). I can't wait for this.

I wouldn't be surprised if I got picked on in BCT, given that with only 15 weeks in the Army I'll be a WO.

What board were you accepted on?

#7 R0cktiJump

R0cktiJump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 15:43

What board were you accepted on?

2019 January board. I grabbed a guy's cancellation, otherwise my WOCS class would be somewhere in FY 2020.

• Seminole likes this

#8 Gideon

Gideon

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Company working for:US Army

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:14

I went street-to-seat through Benning back in 2017. Got a buddy who just went through BCT and OCS at Benning as well recently so if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Currently halfway through the 60M course here at Rucker.
  • Anatalias likes this

#9 R0cktiJump

R0cktiJump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 14:13

I went street-to-seat through Benning back in 2017. Got a buddy who just went through BCT and OCS at Benning as well recently so if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Currently halfway through the 60M course here at Rucker.

You don't happen to have a YouTube channel, do you?

Also, to everyone here who wants to live on base: Get on the Rucker housing wait list ASAP. I called today and I'm still a civilian but I got on it. ATM the wait list is a few months.

rucker.corviasmilitaryliving(dot)com

#10 Itsmickyd

Itsmickyd

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:56

You don't happen to have a YouTube channel, do you?

Also, to everyone here who wants to live on base: Get on the Rucker housing wait list ASAP. I called today and I'm still a civilian but I got on it. ATM the wait list is a few months.

rucker.corviasmilitaryliving(dot)com

Good call on getting on that wait list. I'll be arriving to Ft Rucker as an E-5, I wonder if I'd be able to get on the list as a soon-to-be WO1. Anyone have any info on this? Corvias requires a rank to get info

#11 XIIGage

XIIGage

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:51

Good call on getting on that wait list. I'll be arriving to Ft Rucker as an E-5, I wonder if I'd be able to get on the list as a soon-to-be WO1. Anyone have any info on this? Corvias requires a rank to get info

I made a reservation already and I am a civilian. They did not require any PCS orders or anything to make my reservation, but do need the orders before my move in date.

But it does appear to be a 6 month wait right now.

#12 Rotarywing90

Rotarywing90

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:03

When I did the application I did it as a WOCS student. It has the same options for housing as a WO1, according to the webpage.

#13 Rotarywing90

Rotarywing90

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:05

When I did the application I did it as a WOCS student. It has the same options for housing as a WO1, according to the webpage.

#14 R0cktiJump

R0cktiJump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 14:33

Would anyone be interested in a Facebook Group for the class? I've seen pages with a good amount of members for specific WOCS classes. VR is obviously good for people going WOFT, but FB might be better for reaching more of the class as a whole.

#15 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 27 March 2019 - 14:47

I'm in class 19-11 and most stuff gets handled through our FB page, including questions/input from our TACs. 

#16 R0cktiJump

R0cktiJump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 15:06

I'm in class 19-11 and most stuff gets handled through our FB page, including questions/input from our TACs. 

Did your TACs set it up? how did they get involved with it?

Also, can i literally copy most of your page?

#17 Rotarywing90

Rotarywing90

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 15:14

Yes, I believe it is actually recommended we create a fb page so the sooner the better I think. If you have not done so, get on milsuite and go to the wocs class 19-20 page. Information is also put on there for example additional duties.

#18 R0cktiJump

R0cktiJump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 15:47

Yes, I believe it is actually recommended we create a fb page so the sooner the better I think. If you have not done so, get on milsuite and go to the wocs class 19-20 page. Information is also put on there for example additional duties.

How do I get onto MilSuite?

#19 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 27 March 2019 - 16:09

I'm not sure. I think one of the WOCs set it up, maybe from this page. I think the TACs just snuck in. There's actually quite a bit to do before WOCS. You all have plenty of time but there are T-shirt designs, rosters to do, morale memos to write, etc, on top of all the individual tasks. Obviously not everyone is as helpful as we all would like to see -- maybe they are the smart ones. 

• R0cktiJump likes this

#20 Rotarywing90

Rotarywing90

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 13:48

How do I get onto MilSuite?

Sorry just saw you posted this. Im not sure you have a cac card and im pretty sure you need one to access milsuite. If you dont then the FB page would be the best option but there is not one for our class. Since like not many people are slotted for this class yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MaunaLoaVRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200LakeSuperior200Guidance Home 200PrecisionVRForumHome200BLR 200Spectrum_VRHome200FreeFlight_Home200HeliHelmets-VR Home