This may be a bit early but I thought I'd start a thread for those dropping their packets for the May Board. I'm still in the process of building my packet as my medical documents took about 3 months to procure so I haven't taken either physicals, the SIFT, or APFT, but they should be all done by March 22. We'll see!

I just pushed my packet forward for the May board as well.

SIFT: 60

LOR: 3x CW5 (2 CCWO aviators, 1 SF Group CCWO), CW4 C-12 pilot, O-6 Group Commander, O-4 Supervisor

Flight: 22hrs

APFT: 286

ASVAB/GT: 99/128

Education: BA, 3.5 gpa

Waivers: Age/AFS

Best of luck to all this go-round!

• Like 1

Civilian, first time applicant here. I'm trying to drop my packet in May, and have this posted on the March board also. I've been working on this since September but biggest hiccup is getting two small tattoos removed (one on each hand). My right hand is finally starting to be about gone but my left is being stubborn (just a small triangle outline).

I'm up at MEPS right now, I have my flight physical tomorrow and am supposed to take my SIFT today, but it's currently down. Hoping it'll be back up in the next couple hours. Once I'm done here my recruiter is going to submit a Tattoo ETP for my left hand, so hopefully I'll be all set for May.

I'm currently a High school math teacher, and a park ranger on a mountain during the summer where I do law enforcement and first response. I'm also on the local Search and Rescue team and am finishing up my EMT next month. I've done a lot of medevacs and trauma missions, and would love to fly Blackhawks for medevacs.

No Army family history, but my dad and his dad were Air Force O-4s who flew F16s, and my mom's dad was an Air Force E-9 fixed wing mechanic.

ASVAB/GT: 98/132

Education: MS in Organizational Leadership 3.7gpa, BS in Business Administration 3.97gpa, AS in General Studies, EMT(will have before I submit packet).

SIFT: hopefully today

Flight Physical: tomorrow

LORs: USAF O8 who flew with my dad back in the day and has known me since I was born, USN O5 (ret.) Search and Rescue pilot on my SAR team, CW4(ret.) I've known for 20 years, and USAF O6 (ret. But still contracting for AFA) civil engineer I've known since I was born (my best friend's dad).

AFPT: not scheduled yet

Waivers: only one that might be needed is Tattoo ETP for my left hand unless something weird comes up with my physical. I'll submit it after MEPS.

Good luck everyone!

Are you Active Duty?

No, I am civilian.

GT: 132

LOR's: my boss (fine dining restaurant), my pastor, University of North Dakota helicopter flight instructor, CEO of a credit union. I know all 4 personally

SIFT: TBD

APFT: Estimated at 240, currently working on it

Physical: TBD

My stats are

asvab: 127

sift: 62

apft: 300

education: B.S. in forensic psych, 2.8 GPA, one semester of graduate work in forensic psych, 3.4 GPA

flight time: 13.5 hours, .5 hours of solo flight

military service: 4 years enlisted Army, 2 years regular officer in the Navy

Flight physical approved

LORs: CW5, Army Aviator COL, O-5 Navy hornet pilot, O-4 Navy NFO (co-pilot)

nice. jrok keep us updated on your sift and stuff

Nil5038,

Your stats look awesome! Sift was a mess. It wasn't working for a couple hours then they finally got it to work, and shortly after starting hidden figures it froze and kicked me out. When they got it back up and running again another hour or so later, it showed me as having only 30 seconds left, which wrecked that one for me. It kicked me out two more times and from when I tried to start the test to when I finished it, took almost 6 hours... (Note to any folks who still need to take the SIFT, be careful. Or maybe wait to schedule till they get the kinks worked out. It was down for about a month and even though it's working now, the other applicant got kicked out of hidden figures yesterday too, not sure if it's going to be a common thing).

Anyhow, scored a 55. Not nearly what I'd hoped but at least it's a pass.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nil5038,

Your stats look awesome! Sift was a mess. It wasn't working for a couple hours then they finally got it to work, and shortly after starting hidden figures it froze and kicked me out. When they got it back up and running again another hour or so later, it showed me as having only 30 seconds left, which wrecked that one for me. It kicked me out two more times and from when I tried to start the test to when I finished it, took almost 6 hours... (Note to any folks who still need to take the SIFT, be careful. Or maybe wait to schedule till they get the kinks worked out. It was down for about a month and even though it's working now, the other applicant got kicked out of hidden figures yesterday too, not sure if it's going to be a common thing).

Anyhow, scored a 55. Not nearly what I'd hoped but at least it's a pass.

Sift was a mess for me as well. It was down for weeks. I still cant believe I got a 49 for how much I studied. No clue what section I blew it on..

• Sad 1

Sift was a mess for me as well. It was down for weeks. I still cant believe I got a 49 for how much I studied. No clue what section I blew it on..

To be honest, what section you bombed really doesnt matter. You passed, that is literally all that matters. Ive seen a couple dudes get picked up with 40s before.

Yes you are right on the verge of being in the average percentile, but nows the time to excell in every other portion of your packet.

What section do you feel you messed up on the most? Like I said earlier it really doesnt matter, but for me it was the hidden figures, that was the only thing I felt I dragged on and didnt feel 100% with.

All in all, continue doing your packet, get it finished and submitted, and youll have already outshined 80% of the people who say they wanna fly and never submit.

Good luck to everyone and may you get FQ/S first look!

Wrapping up my LOR's this week. Hope to make the May board.

GT: 116

SIFT: 59

APFT: 290

Education: CCAF; 63 credits towards BS in Aeronautics; 3.1 GPA

Mil: Just under 4 yrs TIS; E-5

Physical: stamped; no waivers (had PRK and needed no waivers)

Flight exp: None

LORs: CW5 at 160th; CW4 instructor at Rucker; CW4 apache pilot; O-3; O-5

Hoping to get my packet in for the May board. Still getting a few things together. Here are my stats as of now:

Civilian; No Flight Time; No Prior-Service

ASVAB/GT: 97/134

SIFT: 61

APFT: TBD (currently clocking in at 287)

Flight Physical: Scheduled March 15th

Education: Associates 3.9 GPA

LORs: TBD (interviews currently being lined up with WOSM assistance)

Waivers: none

Thought I would throw my stuff out there. Talked to my recruiter this afternoon and since I'm going for the May board I figured I would create an account.

Civilian/No prior service

ASVAB: 95

GT: 135

SIFT: 61

HS GPA: 3.5

APFT: pending, shooting for a 250, I'll update when it happens

College: Graduate in June 120 credit hours currently, BA in Communications, 2.4

Flight Experience: 30 hours fixed wing (currently)

Letters of Rec: CO National Guard O6 (know personally), LA National Guard O6 Retired (know personally), My CFI (18,000 hour 737 pilot)

Medical: Flight Physical is done and stamped by Ft. Rucker

No Waivers

Hoping my GPA doesn't hold me back, I feel good about my essay and my letters of rec are stong as far as I can tell. Hope my flight hours count for something too.

I was going for the May board but now feel I’m going to miss the deadline. I must now find a new CW LOR due to scheduling conflicts and a lot of phone and email tag over the last month, but any advice or feedback would be welcomed as I get ready for the next board.

Air Force Applicant

ASVAB/GT: 96/134

SIFT: 58

APFT: TBD – scheduled for last minute as this will be my weak link. Any feedback on where this has to be to have a shot?

Flight Physical: Stamped no waivers

Education: 1 Bachelors, 1 Associates, CCAF – average GPA’s nothing special

Mil: E-5, 6 years TIS, top marks on EPR's

LORs: 0-4 and 0-6 both Army. Having to find new CW as my first one had scheduling conflicts.

Once APFT is done this week, I will only be one LOR away from board ready. However, if I do miss the deadline I'll probably retake it again in April to get my numbers up.

Good luck to everyone this go around! :)

I was going for the May board but now feel I’m going to miss the deadline. I must now find a new CW LOR due to scheduling conflicts and a lot of phone and email tag over the last month, but any advice or feedback would be welcomed as I get ready for the next board.

Air Force Applicant

ASVAB/GT: 96/134

SIFT: 58

APFT: TBD – scheduled for last minute as this will be my weak link. Any feedback on where this has to be to have a shot?

Flight Physical: Stamped no waivers

Education: 1 Bachelors, 1 Associates, CCAF – average GPA’s nothing special

Mil: E-5, 6 years TIS, top marks on EPR's

LORs: 0-4 and 0-6 both Army. Having to find new CW as my first one had scheduling conflicts.

Once APFT is done this week, I will only be one LOR away from board ready. However, if I do miss the deadline I'll probably retake it again in April to get my numbers up.

Good luck to everyone this go around! :)

I'm stressing about my APFT as well. Loose ends bug me and that's one of my last things to finish before submitting. My recruiter said "If you can get it around the 250 mark, you'll be fine".

I started this process over a year ago, so I’m pretty excited to finally submit my packet. Stats are as follows:

ASVAB/GT: 98/134

SIFT: 52

APFT: Waiting until April to give myself more time to run, but did a diagnostic last month at 270

Education: B.A. Russian - 3.4 GPA

Phys: Stamped, no waivers

LORs: Ret. Army CW4/Sikorsky test pilot, Ret. Navy CW4 Intel tech, Ret. Navy O5, USCG CW4 pilot. I know each of my letter writers personally and professionally, having previously, or currently working together.

Military: None

Flight Hours: 16

I barely missed the March board waiting on my flight physical but package ready for this one.

Prior service Marine, 5 years Air Traffic Controller.

Civilian

APFT: 280

SIFT: 45, couldn't finish because the system froze and automatically graded it.

3 LORs: 0-5 USMC Huey pilot, O-4 USMC ATC Officer, 40+ yrs DOD Air Traffic Control Supervisor

No flight time

I made a pretty good resume since I keep seeing it helps. Anyone else doing that ?

• Like 4

Civilian

GT:123

SIFT: 47

APFT: 283

College: B.S. at Texas A&M University - Management - GPA 2.9

LoR's: (NG O-7 UH-60 pilot, Marine Corps O-5 AH-1W pilot, Army CW4 160th MH-60 pilot, Army CW3 UH-60 pilot, Army MI E-5 Boss, Boss with PPL) four know me personally

Flight Physical: Stamped (no waivers)

Flight Experience: Two hours in the UH-60 Mike & Lima Simulators

Good Luck Everyone!

Anyone know, for civilian NPS applicants, do we need / can we include a resume? My recruiter said we did and I have an updated one uploaded in the system which I feel great about, but I don't want to 'lose points' for having one uploaded if I'm not supposed to...

• Like 1

Anyone know, for civilian NPS applicants, do we need / can we include a resume? My recruiter said we did and I have an updated one uploaded in the system which I feel great about, but I don't want to 'lose points' for having one uploaded if I'm not supposed to...

It's not a requirement. It's optional. If you think it can improve your package then go for it.
  • Like 2