VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 15:52

Got my class dates: 

BCT: November 4th, 2019.

WOCS: February 10th, 2020. 

I asked for an earlier date but I guess they were all filled up. Also, I could only get E3 during BCT.  Another applicant who was selected contracted with me, he only got E1.  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things though.  

Congrats to all the new AD selects!  

• TWRisty87 and z0na like this

#262 traceandm

traceandm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 18:17

In what was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made, despite being selected by the board, I turned down the opportunity to pursue WOFT today. The same week of the board, I was offered a GS position in the organization I support, that I believe will ultimately be better for me in the long run, and I still get to be spend my days surrounded by their aircraft I love.

If anyone ever makes their way to the Test Pilot School at NAS Pax River, I can take you on a great tour.

#263 TWRisty87

TWRisty87

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Company working for:US Navy

Posted 21 May 2019 - 18:50

In what was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made, despite being selected by the board, I turned down the opportunity to pursue WOFT today. The same week of the board, I was offered a GS position in the organization I support, that I believe will ultimately be better for me in the long run, and I still get to be spend my days surrounded by their aircraft I love.

If anyone ever makes their way to the Test Pilot School at NAS Pax River, I can take you on a great tour.

Were you applying as AD or Civilian?

I used to fish by the TPS Pier when I worked at VX-1 back in 09'-12'...

Good luck to you in your endeavors 

• traceandm likes this

#264 lazyboozin

lazyboozin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 19:01

Called the recruiter and was told I'm FQ-S! All of those with dates already, are y'all civilian or AD?

• Maserrato, SwissK31, Abazi21 and 3 others like this

#265 squadra

squadra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 21:06

FQ-S!!! Recruiter called me today at work couldn't be more excited. How did you guys find out you BCT and WOCS dates? I'm Active duty Air Force so I will also have to go through Army BCT.

• Abazi21 and DontForget17 like this

#266 traceandm

traceandm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 21:58

Applying as a civilian.

Love the guys (and gals) over at VX-1. Its a pretty neat base, I work right off the flightline and my desk view looks right out over the runway, so I get a free air show every day. Probably the only job in the world Id turn WOFT down for.

If the process hadnt taken so long for me, I think my decision would be different. Hard to say no to a 14 position when Im three weeks out from 30.
  • traceandm likes this

#267 rbreith

rbreith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:18

Long time reader 1st time poster.
Straight pinging waiting for these results to post.

#268 Richie88

Richie88

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:01

RESULTS ARE OUT! Congrats to all those selected!

• DontForget17 likes this

#269 z0na

z0na

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:13

RESULTS ARE OUT! Congrats to all those selected!

You beat me to it, I was stalking the page as well! Selected!!!!
  • Richie88 likes this

#270 Richie88

Richie88

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:16

You beat me to it, I was stalking the page as well! Selected!!!!

Congrats! I'll see you down at Rucker

• z0na likes this

#271 Ragnar

Ragnar

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 13:08

Salty AF.... this process is a joke.... I dont even know what to improve on my packet for next board.

#272 Richie88

Richie88

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 13:12

Salty AF.... this process is a joke.... I dont even know what to improve on my packet for next board.

How's your essay? APFT?

#273 adriel0491

adriel0491

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 13:20

I've known people who applied and were non selected as civilians, joined the army and were non-selected at first... it literally took them years but they didn't get "Salty AF". Being salty is not going to get you selected, improving where you can will. there is always room for improvement. Had a guy at wocs that was selected on his 5th attempt. Just because you were not selected doesn't mean is a joke. Hundreds get selected every year, many of them on their second look. Work for it and don't blame the "process".
  • SwissK31 and Abazi21 like this

#274 Ragnar

Ragnar

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 13:23

How's your essay? APFT?

Essay was on point. Very well written. APFT is 293

#275 Richie88

Richie88

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 13:30

Essay was on point. Very well written. APFT is 293

Based off your stats that you posted earlier in the thread, it very well could have been your age waiver and AFS waiver. The board may have decided they had enough FQ applicants with no waivers. Who knows. My suggestion is don't blame the process, improve your APFT and resubmit in the July board. Maybe the second time around they will see that you really want it. Best of luck to you.

#276 Ragnar

Ragnar

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 13:33

I've known people who applied and were non selected as civilians, joined the army and were non-selected at first... it literally took them years but they didn't get "Salty AF". Being salty is not going to get you selected, improving where you can will. there is always room for improvement. Had a guy at wocs that was selected on his 5th attempt. Just because you were not selected doesn't mean is a joke. Hundreds get selected every year, many of them on their second look. Work for it and don't blame the "process".

If you saw my packet, you would see why Im salty AF. My ERB and ncoers speak volumes. In no way am I entitled to being selected but its like damn, what are they looking for. Ill go through it again. And see where I can improve. Hello July board
  • Abazi21 likes this

#277 Jlopez13

Jlopez13

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 13:35

If you saw my packet, you would see why Im salty AF. My ERB and ncoers speak volumes. In no way am I entitled to being selected but its like damn, what are they looking for. Ill go through it again. And see where I can improve. Hello July board

It might have also been that they filled their quota. My husband had a great package and got picked on his second look. Their reasoning was quota, not quality. Just keep pushing and you'll have a great shot on the second look.

#278 Ragnar

Ragnar

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 13:39

Based off your stats that you posted earlier in the thread, it very well could have been your age waiver and AFS waiver. The board may have decided they had enough FQ applicants with no waivers. Who knows. My suggestion is don't blame the process, improve your APFT and resubmit in the July board. Maybe the second time around they will see that you really want it. Best of luck to you.

Im not blaming the process. What I meant to say it sucks that you go through everything just to be told non select. I think you may by be right about having enough fully qualified applicants. I thought being that my waivers were approved I would fall into the fully qualified group and that wouldnt be held over my head. 1 more shot at this. Congrats to you on being selected
  • Richie88 likes this

#279 Ragnar

Ragnar

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 13:40

It might have also been that they filled their quota. My husband had a great package and got picked on his second look. Their reasoning was quota, not quality. Just keep pushing and you'll have a great shot on the second look.

Thanks. Hopefully that was the deal

#280 adriel0491

adriel0491

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 13:46

Just looked at tour stats and they are SOLID! Don't give up and improve what you can. Had a guy getting selected at 35, you may know him given your background (Brandon Anderson). He is old AF and still he came out 2nd in the OML. Keep pushing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

PrecisionVRForumHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeSpectrum_VRHome200BLR 200Genesys VR Forum 200Guidance Home 200LakeSuperior200FreeFlight_Home200