32 replies to this topic

#21 Jlopez13

Jlopez13

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 13:29

I barely missed the March board waiting on my flight physical but package ready for this one.

Prior service Marine, 5 years Air Traffic Controller.

Civilian

APFT: 280

SIFT: 45, couldn't finish because the system froze and automatically graded it.

3 LORs: 0-5 USMC Huey pilot, O-4 USMC ATC Officer, 40+ yrs DOD Air Traffic Control Supervisor

No flight time

I made a pretty good resume since I keep seeing it helps. Anyone else doing that ?
  • Mitch4600, Jlopez13, Anatalias and 1 other like this

#22 luisleal08

luisleal08

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 14:41

I keep reading everyone's stats on the May Board thread, yall stacked af!!!!

#23 DontForget17

DontForget17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 17:33

Civilian 

GT:123

SIFT: 47

APFT: 283

High School: GPA 3.8

College: B.S. at Texas A&M University - Management - GPA 2.9

Six Letters (AV BG, AV Col, AV CW4, AV CW3, Boss MI E-5, Boss with PPL) Four know me personally

Flight Physical: Stamped (no waivers)

Flight Experience: Two hours in the UH-60 Mike & Lima Simulators

Good Luck Everyone!

#24 Jrok14

Jrok14

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 20:17

Anyone know, for civilian NPS applicants, do we need / can we include a resume? My recruiter said we did and I have an updated one uploaded in the system which I feel great about, but I don't want to 'lose points' for having one uploaded if I'm not supposed to...

• traceandm likes this

#25 Jlopez13

Jlopez13

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 20:39

Anyone know, for civilian NPS applicants, do we need / can we include a resume? My recruiter said we did and I have an updated one uploaded in the system which I feel great about, but I don't want to 'lose points' for having one uploaded if I'm not supposed to...

It's not a requirement. It's optional. If you think it can improve your package then go for it.
  • Mitch4600 and Jrok14 like this

#26 Jrok14

Jrok14

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 21:13

Awesome thanks. It wasn't listed on the checklist he gave me, but as I've been digging through the weeds of various forms I saw it listed as optional on UF 601-210-12. Some of the verbiage on the website makes it hard to decipher which forms are actually for nps WOFT and which are not - want to make sure when I submit it's based on the correct info/checklist

It's not a requirement. It's optional. If you think it can improve your package then go for it.

• traceandm likes this

#27 traceandm

traceandm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:03

I did not include one. My current resume is tailored to my industry and covers a lot of technical experience. Anything I thought stood out, management experience, aviation related work, etc., I tried to reference in my essay.

I wouldnt worry about losing points, but I would be cognizant that the board has limited time to review and I dont think you want to bog them down with too much material. If your essay and your LORs are succinct and you think the resume really adds something, I dont think it would hurt. I will say as a hiring manager, Id be way more interested in your ability to communicate any accomplishments through your essay versus skimming a resume.

#28 TWRisty87

TWRisty87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 17:12

Hello all,

AD-Navy Applicant

H-60 mechanic E-6 with 10 years in. Working on my package for the last year and submitted all last Friday. No pending actions so hoping for a straight forward shot to board ready. Glad I discovered this forum and group.

Any other Sister-Service applicants in here? Interested to see the numbers.  

-Travis

#29 atdm14

atdm14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:51

Wrapping up my LOR's this week. Hope to make the May board.

GT: 116

SIFT: 59

APFT: 290

Education: CCAF; 63 credits towards BS in Aeronautics; 3.1 GPA

Mil: Just under 4 yrs TIS; E-5

Physical: stamped; no waivers (had PRK and needed no waivers)

Flight exp: None

LORs: CW5 at 160th; CW4 instructor at Rucker; CW4 apache pilot; O-3; O-5

Awesome stat! Just to be clear, are you applying as a civilian now or AD? Best of luck to you!

#30 atdm14

atdm14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:04

Does anyone know if Active Duty, Reserve, NG, and civilian applicants will have different board days or it will be mixed applicants during the time of the board? TIA.

#31 TWRisty87

TWRisty87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:33

Will the May board be anyone's 2nd look?

Also Is there a link in the USAREC website for the MILPERS message of board selectees?

Since they changed the website it is somewhat cumbersome to navigate...

-Travis

• SwissK31 likes this

#32 SwissK31

SwissK31

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 14:11

Whelp, I was not selected for the March board.  I'll be joining you guys in the May board.  Once I go about improving my scores, I will post my stats here.  

• montyC likes this

#33 lazyboozin

lazyboozin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 13:35

Hello all,

AD-Navy Applicant

H-60 mechanic E-6 with 10 years in. Working on my package for the last year and submitted all last Friday. No pending actions so hoping for a straight forward shot to board ready. Glad I discovered this forum and group.

Any other Sister-Service applicants in here? Interested to see the numbers.  

-Travis

Im sister service in the AF. Had to do a couple correction on some of the memorandums but they sent me the corrections that needed to be made within a day.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

FreeFlight_Home200Spectrum_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200BLR 200PrecisionVRForumHome200HeliHelmets-VR Home