Awesome thanks. It wasn't listed on the checklist he gave me, but as I've been digging through the weeds of various forms I saw it listed as optional on UF 601-210-12. Some of the verbiage on the website makes it hard to decipher which forms are actually for nps WOFT and which are not - want to make sure when I submit it's based on the correct info/checklist

It's not a requirement. It's optional. If you think it can improve your package then go for it.

• Like 1

Anyone know, for civilian NPS applicants, do we need / can we include a resume? My recruiter said we did and I have an updated one uploaded in the system which I feel great about, but I don't want to 'lose points' for having one uploaded if I'm not supposed to...

I did not include one. My current resume is tailored to my industry and covers a lot of technical experience. Anything I thought stood out, management experience, aviation related work, etc., I tried to reference in my essay.

I wouldnt worry about losing points, but I would be cognizant that the board has limited time to review and I dont think you want to bog them down with too much material. If your essay and your LORs are succinct and you think the resume really adds something, I dont think it would hurt. I will say as a hiring manager, Id be way more interested in your ability to communicate any accomplishments through your essay versus skimming a resume.

Hello all,

AD-Navy Applicant

H-60 mechanic E-6 with 10 years in. Working on my package for the last year and submitted all last Friday. No pending actions so hoping for a straight forward shot to board ready. Glad I discovered this forum and group.

Any other Sister-Service applicants in here? Interested to see the numbers.

-Travis

Wrapping up my LOR's this week. Hope to make the May board.

GT: 116

SIFT: 59

APFT: 290

Education: CCAF; 63 credits towards BS in Aeronautics; 3.1 GPA

Mil: Just under 4 yrs TIS; E-5

Physical: stamped; no waivers (had PRK and needed no waivers)

Flight exp: None

LORs: CW5 at 160th; CW4 instructor at Rucker; CW4 apache pilot; O-3; O-5

Awesome stat! Just to be clear, are you applying as a civilian now or AD? Best of luck to you!

Hello! This is my first post. I am attempting to make the May board. Last thing I need is my flight physical which is scheduled for next week. I feel confident I will pass it but is there any information I can read which will specifically let me know what the doctors will be checking for? Thanks

Hello all,

AD-Navy Applicant

H-60 mechanic E-6 with 10 years in. Working on my package for the last year and submitted all last Friday. No pending actions so hoping for a straight forward shot to board ready. Glad I discovered this forum and group.

Any other Sister-Service applicants in here? Interested to see the numbers.

-Travis

Im sister service in the AF. Had to do a couple correction on some of the memorandums but they sent me the corrections that needed to be made within a day.

Will the May board be anyone's 2nd look?

Also Is there a link in the USAREC website for the MILPERS message of board selectees?

Since they changed the website it is somewhat cumbersome to navigate...

-Travis

Yeah, it'll be my second look. My packet seems to be in order but I am working on improving a few things (PT, essay, LORs) to be more competitive for May board. If anyone has any advice hit me with it!

Just read a thread on Reddit someone mentioning 3/5 applicants with PPL was selected. Which mean 2/5 were not selected....I'm so shook right now!

It can be daunting reading some of others stats or results. Bottom line, they have to abide by some sort of selection criteria. They cant choose all PPL or all Active Military. It has to be somewhat diverse and they pick based on a whole person concept. Just stay positive and keep in contact with your recruiter, don't wait them out and expect them to follow up.

I have done just about everything by myself. I cant speak on behalf of civilians because you guys go through a bit of a different pipeline. My WO Recruiter left all the heavy lifting for me and that's fine because its my potential career, no one elses!

It can be daunting reading some of others stats or results. Bottom line, they have to abide by some sort of selection criteria. They cant choose all PPL or all Active Military. It has to be somewhat diverse and they pick based on a whole person concept. Just stay positive and keep in contact with your recruiter, don't wait them out and expect them to follow up.

I have done just about everything by myself. I cant speak on behalf of civilians because you guys go through a bit of a different pipeline. My WO Recruiter left all the heavy lifting for me and that's fine because its my potential career, no one elses!

Thats exactly my feeling as well. Im a civilian applicant so there is a lot of stuff I have to rely on my recruiter for, which is unfortunate. Good news is, my packet is complete and boarded in March and I was non-select. Does that mean my packet automatically submits for the May board? Or did I miss the March 22 deadline??

Thats exactly my feeling as well. Im a civilian applicant so there is a lot of stuff I have to rely on my recruiter for, which is unfortunate. Good news is, my packet is complete and boarded in March and I was non-select. Does that mean my packet automatically submits for the May board? Or did I miss the March 22 deadline??

For Active Duty, I know that as long as my package is considered FQ-NS on the first board, it will transfer over to the next convening board without any further action. I would assume it is the same for civilian applicants, but it never hurts to ask. Is it the same 2 boards and you have to wait a year for civilians?

I submitted my package on March 15 and have yet to receive any word back on my status. WO Recruiter confirmed they received all attachments but no word on status... hope that's a good sign

Whelp, I was not selected for the March board. I'll be joining you guys in the May board. Once I go about improving my scores, I will post my stats here.

Does your packet automatically get boarded in May? Do you follow the same updates and corrections deadlines on the USAREC website? My recruiter is insisting that if I want to submit again that I have to get all of the updates I want completed. Then submit the whole packet. I thought that my packet has already been submitted so it is still sitting at USAREC waiting to board in May, and that I would submit updates (new pt test, lor, etc). Could someone please shed some light on how I need to go about this??

• Like 2

Hi All,

This is my first post. Thank you all for the help thus far, I've gained a ton of information just by browsing through forums. I'm putting together my WOFT packet and have a few questions. I'm a 28 year old civilian working with a recruiter to get everything submitted for the May board. My recruiter said there is a May board starting the 13th of May and the packet should be submitted two weeks prior. I found on the recruiting command website that there is a packet deadline for 153A of 17 May for the 15-19 July board and that the deadline for the May board was 22 March. Are those dates accurate and should I be targeting a packet submittal of 17 May? Is that board then held in July or is it held in May?

Whip,

You can check out the board dates on the warrant officer usarec website. From my knowledge, it seems as if you can submit your packet up to two weeks from the actual board date. With that said, the process can take anywhere from 6-18+ months.

Check the block on the things you will need, LORs, essay, medical, clearance, etc. Having good "stats" is one thing, but I feel like "stats" are no factor. Where you make, your money is on those LORs and WOFT essay.

Furthermore, having a motivated recruiter helps and being personally motivated helps as well. My recruiter has been busting his ass for me and is staying true to his six-month goal of getting me to sign a contract. I have been able to achieve specific things that I feel might separate me from the pack. Develop a dynamic like that, and things should go smoothly.

Lastly be patient, quality over quantity. From what I have read on these forums and guys I know personally, everyone wants to get picked up quick, signed contract quick and get to flying as quickly as possible. Take a realistic look at yourself, compile the information, and set a realistic goal as to how long this road will be. If you can't make it to a board because you are not 100% satisfied with your work then push it.

High schoolers want it to happen quick af but it's like, okay what do you have to offer the Army. I have been fortunate enough to have service time, receive civilian rotorcraft training, have college and okay test scores. I have concluded that none of that means sh*t. Yeah, it looks good but again those LORs and WOFT essay tho. I got a buddy this month who got picked up with a 2.6 GPA, 2/5 people with FAA licenses did not get picked up, people with and without service time got picked up. There is for sure an aspect to this WOFT game none of us really see, which is what makes it competitive and an even playing field at the same time. This comment is for sure overkill but maybe someone like where I was will read it!

All I got to say is nothing is set in stone till pen meets paper, good luck yall!!!!

• Like 6

I'll throw my stats in I guess. Maybe get some input and feedback.

APTF: 282

SIFT: 54

GT: 123

Studied Automotive and Diesel Mechanics

49 Credits 3.66 GPA

Certs: EPA Universal and an FCC for General Radiotelephone and Ship Radar Endorsement

Branch: Army, SSG (7 years)

MOS: 15R Apache Maintainer reclassed from 13B Cannon Crew Member

3 deployments to Afghanistan. 1 as a 13B and 2 as a 15R. Mainly heavy maintenance.

AH-64 maintenance supervisor, Phase team leader, crew chief.

Currently an AH-64 Technical Inspector, QC NCOIC and Downed Aircraft Recovery Team NCOIC.

LORs: CW5 (CCWO of DES Branch out of Rucker)

CW4 (CCWO / Master Gunner)

O3 and O4, unit commanders.

According to deadlines, it looks like I'll be in the July board. According to non-deadlines, maybe earlier. What made me want to seek out info about WOFT was my binge-watching of those Green Baggers YouTube videos over and over on WOFT, and there they said Civilians compete against themselves and Active does the same, so it's a 50/50 split between Civvies and Active being selected.

Now I do wonder if that includes the former-service guys into the Civilian pool of applicants.

• Like 1

All right every body I've been working on my packet since September of 17! After Lasik and spending 3 months in Alabama to get a letter of rec from the Chief Warrant Officer of the Aviation Branch I finally submitted for the May Board! Stats below. Best of luck to everybody, let's hope for 100% selection rates!!

Civilian: No Prior Service

ASVAB/GT: 98/136

GPA: 3.2

SIFT: 63

APFT: 255

(will try to improve this took it when I was ill)

B.S. Double Major Biology and Music

Flight: 13.8 Hrs

LORS:

Alaska Wildlife Trooper (boss)

Alaska Wildlife Trooper Lt (boss's boss)

College Swim Coach

Fire Captain (From my Volunteer Fire Department)

Chief Warrant Officer of the Aviation Branch

Waivers: None

So Nervous!!!! Best of luck once again!