I have been lurking on this forum for over two years now so this is a long time coming. Going in Monday to tie up all loose ends in my packet and submit.

Civilian Applicant

Education: 102 credit hours towards B.A in Economics 2.7 GPA (Graduate in May)

AFQT/GT: 97/134

SIFT: 55

APFT: 290

Flight: 0

Flight Physical: Stamped

LOR: SCANG CW4, CW2 (Retired), Civilian Boss

Overall I know I definitely lack in some areas, all I can hope for is that my essay and LORs help sell me as a well rounded individual. Good luck to everyone on this board!

I'm glad to see someone else is submitting in May and about to graduate from college, WOFT is the best grad school you can go to! I'll be going in on Wednesday to wrap up my packet and submit, best of luck to you!

• Like 1

Hello, I just joined because I wanted to see how competitive my packet is going to be. I apologize if this is in the inapproproate forum or post.

SIFT: 48

GT: 126

APFT: 265 - 280 range

LOR: Av Major, 153 CW3, Flying CW4

Civ Ed: 24 credits, degree in progress

Highest Army Ed: BLC with Commandants List

Background: Aviation maintainer for 5 years with 2 overseas rotations all working as a shops guy.

Thanks for the reply! Last two questions: did your packet require any waivers? Lastly, when did you submit your packet? Again, I appreciate it.

No Waivers. Turned in March 14th but, I had some issues with contact methods so I didnt do my corrections until the very last day on 15 April. So less than 10 days from correction submission to Board Ready

No Waivers. Turned in March 14th but, I had some issues with contact methods so I didnt do my corrections until the very last day on 15 April. So less than 10 days from correction submission to Board Ready

Thanks for the timeline. Best of luck to you. I know you will be selected this coming May board.

I got the Board Ready Email on April 4th. Its nice to have that clear mind of knowing it's ready... but this will be a grueling 4 weeks. I am sacrificing two looks at orders since I am at my rotation window at my current squadron. Sure hope it pays off.

Good luck to everyone.

• Like 1

I got the Board Ready Email on April 4th. Its nice to have that clear mind of knowing it's ready... but this will be a grueling 4 weeks. I am sacrificing two looks at orders since I am at my rotation window at my current squadron. Sure hope it pays off.

Good luck to everyone.

Best of luck to you too! Trust the process and you will be selected.

When did you submit your packet? Did your packet required any kind of waiver? TIA.

The longest four weeks of our lives... I cant wait

Oh the suffering is immense over this time frame. Here is my patented method that I used to get my mind off of selection during the wait.

- Think incessantly about selection

- Obsess over what you might have messed up in your packet

- Compulsively refresh the VR website looking for any new info

- Needlessly calculate an average of selection percentage rates from your month of selection over the last 5 years

- Go to bed listening to a 10 hour audio loop of a UH60 in steady state flight

- Check every May selection board post on VR to see what day and time results were dropped

I empathize with you guys, the wait is agonizing. Try your best to focus on work, exercise, and hobbies. Obsessing over selection makes it far worse. ___________________________________________________

Here is a funny story to lighten the mood. After I was selected, I called up the CW4 who wrote me a letter of recommendation. I told him he was right and that I had been selected. What were the first words out of his mouth?

"THEY'VE LOOOOOOWERED THE STAAAAAAANDARDS!!!"

Thanks chief, lmao. I get a kick out of that every time I think about it, hopefully someone else will as well. Good luck to you guys!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Can anyone who has done the research or dealt with the board already speak to the tentative dates that results are posted? Or when emails are sent? Basically. The Board is 13-17 May. When does everyone find out? I know the Street to Seat candidates find out at a different time than the Active Duty folks.

Oh the suffering is immense over this time frame. Here is my patented method that I used to get my mind off of selection during the wait.

- Think incessantly about selection

- Obsess over what you might have messed up in your packet

- Compulsively refresh the VR website looking for any new info

- Needlessly calculate an average of selection percentage rates from your month of selection over the last 5 years

- Go to bed listening to a 10 hour audio loop of a UH60 in steady state flight

- Check every May selection board post on VR to see what day and time results were dropped

I empathize with you guys, the wait is agonizing. Try your best to focus on work, exercise, and hobbies. Obsessing over selection makes it far worse. ___________________________________________________

Here is a funny story to lighten the mood. After I was selected, I called up the CW4 who wrote me a letter of recommendation. I told him he was right and that I had been selected. What were the first words out of his mouth?

"THEY'VE LOOOOOOWERED THE STAAAAAAANDARDS!!!"

Thanks chief, lmao. I get a kick out of that every time I think about it, hopefully someone else will as well. Good luck to you guys!

Ironically, I have done all of those as well.... Ive noted that results will either be posted the wednesday or thursday after the board convenes.. (22nd or 23rd in this case.) The wait is excruciating and my compulsive desire to check this forum and army aviation reddit for new content is starting to become absurd. Congrats on getting selected and thank you! I wish you the best and hope you start the pipeline soon.

• Like 1

Can anyone who has done the research or dealt with the board already speak to the tentative dates that results are posted? Or when emails are sent? Basically. The Board is 13-17 May. When does everyone find out? I know the Street to Seat candidates find out at a different time than the Active Duty folks.

For active duty guys, you generally find out about a week after the board ends.

Board convenes on a Monday, they rank/sort AD packets Wed-Fri, expect to hear around the next Friday.

Zona you are correct regarding civilians. Generally you'll hear around Wednesday or Thursday of the same week. As a point of reference for civilians, March board's results dropped at 3pm on Thursday. I found out results were out from VR and then called my recruiter to find out my fate.

And thanks for the well wishes. I actually start very soon, shipping in 2 weeks. Most others from my board are starting in August, with some AD guys waiting as far out as Feb 2020 for WOCS.

When I went to sign my contract at MEPS, I politely asked the DA liaison if he would if there any early dates. He said he was sure that they would be set in stone already, but said it never hurts to ask.

We called a man over the phone (who sets up/determines your class dates?) and he asked for early dates on my behalf. To my surprise I was offered the first week of April, last week of April, first week of May. Slots created by DEP dropouts.

For civilians wanting to get rolling, Id encourage you to do the same. I figured I would have no say, but also figured it doesn't hurt to ask. Cant get what you don't ask for. If there's no major holdups I could be flying late this year which is nuts in the best way.

• Like 2

For active duty guys, you generally find out about a week after the board ends.

Board convenes on a Monday, they rank/sort AD packets Wed-Fri, expect to hear around the next Friday.

Zona you are correct regarding civilians. Generally you'll hear around Wednesday or Thursday of the same week. As a point of reference for civilians, March board's results dropped at 3pm on Thursday. I found out results were out from VR and then called my recruiter to find out my fate.

And thanks for the well wishes. I actually start very soon, shipping in 2 weeks. Most others from my board are starting in August, with some AD guys waiting as far out as Feb 2020 for WOCS.

When I went to sign my contract at MEPS, I politely asked the DA liaison if he would if there any early dates. He said he was sure that they would be set in stone already, but said it never hurts to ask.

We called a man over the phone (who sets up/determines your class dates?) and he asked for early dates on my behalf. To my surprise I was offered the first week of April, last week of April, first week of May. Slots created by DEP dropouts.

For civilians wanting to get rolling, Id encourage you to do the same. I figured I would have no say, but also figured it doesn't hurt to ask. Cant get what you don't ask for. If there's no major holdups I could be flying late this year which is nuts in the best way.

I dont think I made myself clear, sorry. The board convenes the 13th-17th, the results will be posted to HRC either the 22nd or 23rd. I looked at the dates previous boards convened and cross-referenced this to when the MILPERs were posted on HRC to arrive at this conclusion. This is for the AD guys like myself.

Thats solid that you received an early class date, again, best of luck! SERE-C is one of the best schools you can attend in the military. Very good training and all of the instructors are very professional.

I am a civilian applicant. I was FQ-NS in March. This is my second look.
GT: 126
SIFT: 54
APFT: 286
LOR's:
O7 (Retired Commanding General of Army Aviation Branch & Fort Rucker / C.E.O. of aviation contracting group.)
CW5 (AD 160th SOAR / 153EL)
CW5 (Retired Aviator / Chief Personnel proponent at Rucker.)
CW4 (AD 160th SOAR / 153E / Personal Friend for several years.)
School: 68 Credits, 3.5 GPA, A.S. Physics (Grad date: 07MAY2019.)
Military: None
Flight: 5 Hours Rotary-Wing
Physical: Stamped - Fully Qualified
Med/Moral Waivers: None
Battalion: Quality Checked. My updates should be received by Fort Knox shortly.
Good luck to everyone. If I don't make it this board, I will find a way to waiver so I can have a third look in July.
  • Like 1

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just got the board ready email for May.

GT: 119

SIFT: 47

APFT: 300

Military: Current SOF Operator for 6 years (9 years TIS)

LORs: Nothing special outside of the required 3 (BC/CC/CWO)

Physical: Fully Stamped/no issues

Flight Time: Do falling out of helicopters count as flight hours?? LOL

Med/Moral Waivers: None

Good luck to all!

• Like 1

Is anyone here able to check if a package has been submitted? My recruiters have been working hard but I'm the first so I want to be sure it's as they said it should be.

Same situation here. Unfortunately the only person that can find out if your packet made it to USAREC is your recruiter. Once you submit your packet to them, you have no control over it.

That fact has driven me nuts.

• Like 1