Seperating USN; applying for WOFT

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time posting.

I am currently in the Navy and have been building my WOFT packet for a little over a year now. I have it about 90% completed including flight physical, essay, LOR from my CO and XO (O6's) etc. It would be ready for submission within the next couple of weeks if it weren't for a large problem that one the pre-reqs for submission included having 12 months left on your current contract- I separate from the Navy in July. I have been in touch with a WO recruiter who said I am able to submit my packet when I am fully separated with little to no difference then if I still had 12 months left.

My question is, once I separate from the Navy, and before the following board, what should I do to improve my chances of being accepted? should I go back to college for a semester with flight/aeronautics related classes, or should I pay for flight lessons and maybe even obtain my private pilot license?

Thanks in advance for your inputs, I hope to be more active on this forum.

In my opinion, if you don't already have a degree and don't plan to wait to get one; just drop the packet. I've heard that flight lessons don't really matter too much in their decision and I don't think sporadic college credits would matter too much either.

If you were 15 credits away from your bachelors or associates, then I might say wait and just finish your degree. I have heard a degree matters, but if you're not anywhere close to one then I would just drop the packet.