2 replies to this topic

#1 CNS

CNS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:58

Hi there!

How do you adjust the volume of the GONG that rings in the headset every time an alarm comes ON on the warning panel?

Ive read that it goes through the AMS44 but it cant be adjusted individually. Its just very loud compared to all other communication systems in the aircraft.

I checked the VEMD as well but I didnt see anything about the volume adjustment...

Anyone here could help me please?

#2 Eric Hunt

Eric Hunt

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 18:14

Don't worry, all helicopter pilots go deaf eventually.

• supergokougt likes this

#3 iChris

iChris

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 00:48

How do you adjust the volume of the GONG that rings in the headset every time an alarm comes ON on the warning panel?

Ive read that it goes through the AMS44 but it cant be adjusted individually. Its just very loud compared to all other communication systems in the aircraft.

Anyone here could help me please?

The AMS44  generally receives alert signals through the Direct Audio 1 input or Direct Audio 2 input. Direct Audio 1 is adjustable; however, Direct Audio 2 is fixed. Since impedance matching and audio quality are not customary concerns with warning tones of this type, simple inline resistor attenuation is sufficient. 

You must verify the signal does, in fact, connect to one of the Direct Audio inputs. Your local Avionics technicians would be helpful. You need to get behind the radio/com panel and find a good tip-in point for the inline resistor. An easy access point somewhere between the signal source and the AMS44.

Initially, a potentiometer is installed inline and adjustments made until a resistance value is determined. Once the resistance value is resolved, the selected resistor is installed, and shrink-wrapped. 

click photo to enlarge

thM1qVJ.png

WkMWp7f.png

B6lkHrd.png

wfOCkgW.jpg

AMS42/44 Dual Channel Audio Controller Manual

Edited by iChris, 28 April 2019 - 01:15.

Regards,

Chris

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AS350, B3, volume, alarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Guidance Home 200PrecisionVRForumHome200Spectrum_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeLakeSuperior200BLR 200FreeFlight_Home200Genesys VR Forum 200