Heavy Lift Heli for rent

klas

So, friend of mine is looking for a heavy-lift helo to pick up and relocate one of those 'small houses' about a mile in the Tahoe area of NV. Doing a search turns up several heavy-lift companies that are all over the place.

Does anyone here have any experience with hiring these types of companies or know of any that can do this sort of thing that you can recommend?

Thanks....

The closest company to you capable of "heavy lifts" would be Siller Aviation in Yuba City, CA with an S-64.

Depending on the weight of the house, PJ Helicopters in Red Bluff, CA may also be able to do it with their UtiliHawks.

Ferry time would most likely cost more than the actual pick.

Edited by adam32
  • Like 1

So, friend of mine is looking for a heavy-lift helo to pick up and relocate one of those 'small houses' about a mile in the Tahoe area of NV. Doing a search turns up several heavy-lift companies that are all over the place.

Does anyone here have any experience with hiring these types of companies or know of any that can do this sort of thing that you can recommend?

Thanks....

What is the weight of the home? Feel free to pm me

I don't have a recommendation but first you need a pretty accurate weight. You will then have to pay the helicopter company or somebody else to rig it. If I had to guess, I'd say you would be looking at somewhere around $20,000. If they have to come more than a 100 miles, it would probably be more than you would/could afford. If you had it all rigged and ready to go and weren't real specific about a time, it would probably save you a lot of money.

Made a quick and dirty flight plan to Tahoe airport since he did not give an exact location. Doubled the flight time for the trip back added two hours for getting to the job site and doing the job, multiplied that by the hourly rate for our heavy. It's an unreasonably long ferry to do the job which is why I didn't suggest we do it in the first place. Just through that number out out of boredom.

So, $20,000 an hour for an air crane? That's why I thought if it was rigged and ready to go and it could be done while on a ferry, it could save a lot of money. But I don't know anything about that business to know if that's even feasible. It could be good money on an otherwise non-revenue ferry but maybe there is no such as a non-revenue ferry in your world. The whole thing depends on the weight of this thing.

Well I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than what a crane goes for but we won't be bringing it out that way for any other work. So it would have to fly way out of the way to get there hence the insane price. I like to stay semi anonymous on here so I'm not going to say the exact distance and price per hour but needless to say we're not the company for this job unless the guy has 100k to throw away. Sorry to get you worked up thinking we're price gouging, maybe I should keep my mouth shut on here.

So, $20,000 an hour for an air crane? That's why I thought if it was rigged and ready to go and it could be done while on a ferry, it could save a lot of money. But I don't know anything about that business to know if that's even feasible. It could be good money on an otherwise non-revenue ferry but maybe there is no such as a non-revenue ferry in your world. The whole thing depends on the weight of this thing.

A Crane for that job would probably be about $10,000/hr...and if nice only ferry time one way.

Well I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than what a crane goes for but we won't be bringing it out that way for any other work. So it would have to fly way out of the way to get there hence the insane price. I like to stay semi anonymous on here so I'm not going to say the exact distance and price per hour but needless to say we're not the company for this job unless the guy has 100k to throw away. Sorry to get you worked up thinking we're price gouging, maybe I should keep my mouth shut on here.

HTSI?

I don't have the slightest idea what an air crane costs.

Cant just put the tiny house on a semi huh? If its only going one mile down the road, thats be the cheapest option.

I'm guessing there isn't a road to where the guy wants to put it...probably snowmobile into it in the winter.

• 4 years later...