Increased ASDO and flight pay in FY20?

ADSO will go to 8 years for rotary and 10 for fixed wing. This came from the CW5 proponents chief.

He also mentioned attempting to modernize the flight pay scale. I cant remember the specifics on that, though.

They (up at branch) have been saying that for years and it still hasn’t happened. I’ll believe it when it’s in official published in writing with an effective on date.

Is that specifically Cohort FY20 or anyone who graduates Advanced after the start of FY20?

I intended to come here directly after the brief and post notes, but got busy. Now I cant remember the specifics. He mentioned something about warrant officers selected after a certain date would be the only ones affected by the policy change. Not sure if it was fiscal or calendar year.

I don't see them retroactively extended contracts once we are already in the pipeline. I imagine it will be released with an effective start date and anyone selected for WOFT after that date will have to sign an 8 year ADSO.

The thing is though you don’t sign anything for an ADSO regarding flight school. All it takes is a change to the AR covering officer accessions and ADSO’s for schools. What street to seat candidates sign is simply the same eight year enlistment obligation that every enlistee signs and has nothing to do with service owed for flight school completion.

The thing is though you don’t sign anything for an ADSO regarding flight school. All it takes is a change to the AR covering officer accessions and ADSO’s for schools. What street to seat candidates sign is simply the same eight year enlistment obligation that every enlistee signs and has nothing to do with service owed for flight school completion.

That is true. Wouldn't that be a slap in the face.

Edit:

Did a little research just to see. According to AR 350-100 it says:

"Officers who attend initial entry flight training on or after 30 September 1990 will incur a 6-year ADSO on completion of the course or voluntary termination of attendance (see AR 611–110). Officers who entered into a service agreement before 1 October 1990, will be subject to the terms of said agreement, and will serve on active duty for the period specified

in the agreement."
While this doesn't mean they won't change it to 8 years, it likely means it will have a start date listed and anyone in the pipeline will likely meet the cutoff for their original agreement.