Reserve Board Questions?

Just finished putting in all my paper work for Reserve Flight. However I just saw on the USREC forms that the deadline was March 22 would that eliminate me from the May board? Also does anyone have any insight on Reserve Warrant life? and is the Reserve board different from the Active board?

Thanks.

GT 137

SIFT 47

LOR's
CW5: 1, CW4:1, CO:1, BC:1

I have about 12hrs of sim time for a UH60 as well. Just getting a feel for what my odds are for this board. Any insight is welcomed.

Does your packet require any waivers? If so, theres a good chance youll miss this board. There are various channels the packet goes through. Also, if you have to make corrections to your packet, thatll set you back as well. My packet required no waivers and I had one very small correction to make to one memo, so the recruiter who contacted me informed me to send the correction straight to him. All in all, I went from initial submission to board ready at USAREC in a week. I also submitted after the 22 MAR deadline. You may have a chance, just be as proactive as possible. Follow up with your packet as much as you can. Heres how mine worked out. Submitted packet on a monday afternoon, received a phone call from a recruiter tuesday morning about one minor correction, the rest of my packet was solid. Resubmitted correction within two hours of notification. Was informed 30 minutes later that my packet was then pending secondary quality control at usarec. Received an email on wednesday stating that my packet was now pending qualifications at usarec and that id have to contact my local recruiter for a status on my packet. Luckily, i have one on my post, so every other day, i walked in their office asking about its status. I believe it was finally board ready the monday after the weekend. I checked on its status on wednesday the following week after my initial submission and saw for myself that my packet was board ready. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

Does your packet require any waivers? If so, theres a good chance youll miss this board. There are various channels the packet goes through. Also, if you have to make corrections to your packet, thatll set you back as well. My packet required no waivers and I had one very small correction to make to one memo, so the recruiter who contacted me informed me to send the correction straight to him. All in all, I went from initial submission to board ready at USAREC in a week. I also submitted after the 22 MAR deadline. You may have a chance, just be as proactive as possible. Follow up with your packet as much as you can. Heres how mine worked out. Submitted packet on a monday afternoon, received a phone call from a recruiter tuesday morning about one minor correction, the rest of my packet was solid. Resubmitted correction within two hours of notification. Was informed 30 minutes later that my packet was then pending secondary quality control at usarec. Received an email on wednesday stating that my packet was now pending qualifications at usarec and that id have to contact my local recruiter for a status on my packet. Luckily, i have one on my post, so every other day, i walked in their office asking about its status. I believe it was finally board ready the monday after the weekend. I checked on its status on wednesday the following week after my initial submission and saw for myself that my packet was board ready. I hope this helps.

So I have no waivers I submitted the packet already, I feel like I have bugged the ever living hell out of the recruiter! However I should have all the correction done too.

You know anything about active duty to reserves?

Have you received any emails regarding your packet? I received emails every step of the way until it was with USAREC pending final qualification. I then checked with the local WO recruiting station every other day to see if it was board ready. Literally walked in myself every other day to receive a status on it. Im not too familiar with the reserve process honestly. But if I were you, Id do everything in my power to follow up. No one cares more about your packet than you. When asking for statuses, just be polite. I know it was very annoying to the recruiters that Id walk in their office every other day, but I tried to be as polite as possible. And it takes them two seconds to check the status. Before it was with them, it went through several channels. Initial review, (had to make one correction.), then USAREC for secondary quality control, then USAREC pending final qualification (in this email, they said I wouldnt send anymore emails regarding my packet and to receive a status, Id have to contact my local WO recruiters.) Luckily, theyre on the same installation that I am.

Have you received any emails regarding your packet? I received emails every step of the way until it was with USAREC pending final qualification. I then checked with the local WO recruiting station every other day to see if it was board ready. Literally walked in myself every other day to receive a status on it. Im not too familiar with the reserve process honestly. But if I were you, Id do everything in my power to follow up. No one cares more about your packet than you. When asking for statuses, just be polite. I know it was very annoying to the recruiters that Id walk in their office every other day, but I tried to be as polite as possible. And it takes them two seconds to check the status. Before it was with them, it went through several channels. Initial review, (had to make one correction.), then USAREC for secondary quality control, then USAREC pending final qualification (in this email, they said I wouldnt send anymore emails regarding my packet and to receive a status, Id have to contact my local WO recruiters.) Luckily, theyre on the same installation that I am.

I do not have that option I am afraid. My recruiter is not local at all, Fort Bragg Reserve recruiters are not well known for being the best at their jobs. However I have not received any emails though.