July 2019 Board

I was wanting to know if anyone has submitted a packet prior to the initial deadline knowing that it was wrong just to get it in the door? I know it isnt technically correct but I have a few signatures that are holding up my packet for the May 17, 2019 time frame.

My stick buddy submitted a little prior of the deadline for the 2017 September board and ended up being boarded and selected in the July board since his packet was complete and free of errors. I would personally submit after the deadline and risk not making it to the desired board than submit and incomplete and half-assed packet. Just my opinion though... Deadlines are to "guarantee" that you'll make it to that board, if you submit after the deadline it's not guaranteed but there is still a chance you'll make it...

• Like 1

You can submit it but battalion isn't supposed to forward to fort knox until it's correct. That's why it's a quality checkout just I'm case they do, there's a correction period where it'll get kicked back. So it's smart to submit it asap and work on improving it before the deadline is over.

I was wanting to know if anyone has submitted a packet prior to the initial deadline knowing that it was wrong just to get it in the door? I know it isnt technically correct but I have a few signatures that are holding up my packet for the May 17, 2019 time frame.

I submitted my packet 3 weeks ago for the May board and I had a age and afs waiver. Both waivers approved and packet is board ready. Will be boarded next week

• Like 1

I submitted my packet 3 weeks ago for the May board and I had a age and afs waiver. Both waivers approved and packet is board ready. Will be boarded next week

Saw your awesome stats! Pretty high speed record. Good luck! I know you will get it. Also, your packet was processed fast!

Saw your awesome stats! Pretty high speed record. Good luck! I know you will get it. Also, your packet was processed fast!

Yea everything went super fast. It was sent back for one minor correction and then it flew through proponent and Army G-1(for waivers). Same thing happened for my physical waivers. Waiver was approved and physical stamped in less than 2 weeks

• Like 1

Just submitted my packet for the July board after almost a year of getting everything done! Hoping to see where I stand with my stats.

Good luck to anyone on the May board this week!

APFT: 286

SIFT: 57

ASVAB: 98

GT: 138

Education: B.S. (3.4gpa)

3 LOR: O-3 Trp CO Pilot, O-5 SCO, CW4

4 yrs AFS

No Waivers

Found out my package didn't make the May board so I'll be on this one for sure. Took me a solid 5 months to get it submitted. Getting LORs, essay, resume done before going to the recruiter made that submission part shorter.

Civilian

Age 23F (will be 24 for this board)

GT 114

APFT 280

SIFT 45

6 LORs: 0-6 Marine Huey Pilot, 0-4 Marine ATC Officer, CWO 4 Chinook Instructor, DOD ATC Supervisor 40 yrs exp, DOD ATC Supervisor 40 yrs exp, DOD ATC Supervisor 20 yrs exp.

Experience: 5 yrs AD Marine ATC

College: 25 credits

Good luck to everyone !

Found out my package didn't make the May board so I'll be on this one for sure. Took me a solid 5 months to get it submitted. Getting LORs, essay, resume done before going to the recruiter made that submission part shorter.

Civilian

Age 23F (will be 24 for this board)

GT 114

APFT 280

SIFT 45

6 LORs: 0-6 Marine Huey Pilot, 0-4 Marine ATC Officer, CWO 4 Chinook Instructor, DOD ATC Supervisor 40 yrs exp, DOD ATC Supervisor 40 yrs exp, DOD ATC Supervisor 20 yrs exp.

Experience: 5 yrs AD Marine ATC

College: 25 credits

Good luck to everyone !

6 LORs?

Agreed here. Narrow those down to the 3 best ones. The board will not have time to look at 6 and you are just making it more likely the weakest one gets read instead of the strongest one.

I would normally agree but having 6 LORs was given to me as a suggestion by the guy who prepares the packages for the board and submits them. Thanks for the tips though!

I would normally agree but having 6 LORs was given to me as a suggestion by the guy who prepares the packages for the board and submits them. Thanks for the tips though!

I would HIGHLY reconsider. I've been told the same by multiple Warrant Officers, including my recommending WO who has sat on the board before. The board only has 3-4 minutes per packet and it comes down to: ERB (resume if civilian), Essay, 3 LORs (if you have more than 3, they will randomly pick and discard the others, no matter who wrote them), your DA photo, and Senior Rater comments on your NCOERs.

So this advice is tried and true. Better to have 3 solid LORs that will get looked at rather than taking a chance they randomly choose a slightly weaker LOR.

Just my advice.

-Richie

I would HIGHLY reconsider. I've been told the same by multiple Warrant Officers, including my recommending WO who has sat on the board before. The board only has 3-4 minutes per packet and it comes down to: ERB (resume if civilian), Essay, 3 LORs (if you have more than 3, they will randomly pick and discard the others, no matter who wrote them), your DA photo, and Senior Rater comments on your NCOERs.

So this advice is tried and true. Better to have 3 solid LORs that will get looked at rather than taking a chance they randomly choose a slightly weaker LOR.

Just my advice.

-Richie

Thanks for that. Appreciate it!

You can submit it but battalion isn't supposed to forward to fort knox until it's correct. That's why it's a quality checkout just I'm case they do, there's a correction period where it'll get kicked back. So it's smart to submit it asap and work on improving it before the deadline is over.

I've been lurking around your progress and am frustrated for you that your package didn't make it to the May board. I wish you the best of luck for this one!

(Side note: I had 6 LoRs too.)

I've been lurking around your progress and am frustrated for you that your package didn't make it to the May board. I wish you the best of luck for this one!

(Side note: I had 6 LoRs too.)

Don't get me started! Haha I was supposed to be in the March board but something always came up. Congrats on that March selection. When is your WOCS date?

Don't get me started! Haha I was supposed to be in the March board but something always came up. Congrats on that March selection. When is your WOCS date?

I know and at some point YOU were helping ME! That sort of math does not check out...

And thank you. BCT starting August and WOCS in October.

AD Navy Applicant

I have been attempting at applying for over 3 years. Finally had the time and support from big Navy to allow me the conditional release and operational commitment.

Board Ready for the May board (1st) but not sure how that has panned out yet.

Preparing myself for a FQ-NS and July Board.

GT: 111

APFT: 246

SIFT: 46

LOR: O-4 H-60 Pilot, O-5 H-60 Pilot, & CW5 H-60 pilot and Command CWO

Experience: 10 years, H-60 Airframe & Hydraulic Mechanic, E-6 (HH60H,SH60B/F/R, MH60S)

College: 72 credits towards BS, 51 towards AS (Aeronautics)

Not the hottest stats by any means but a lot of leadership experience and outstanding Eval's(NCOERS) that I hope will benefit me.

Good Luck to all.

• Like 2

Thanks for that. Appreciate it!

Ive heard both sides to this issue as well and I would say more power to you! I submitted 5 LORs (up from 3 in the March board) and I can see both sides of the coin. I was so undecided on this point that I asked my SWO interviewer (who wrote me one of those other 2 LORs for the May board) about it. And he made a good point: the board is going to look at what they want to look at so why start youself off at a deficit? Yes, they only have a little bit of time to look at each packet but it doesnt take a long time to read an LOR. And whats to say that they will only pick three random ones to read? He suggested: when all the board has to judge you by is paperwork, you might as well stack that paperwork to be the most beneficial that you can. This applied to me deciding on whether or not to add a resume too. I didnt want to just add fluff to my packet but he said if itll help the board get a better grasp at who I am as a person and leader (whole person concept) to go for it. Another thing to consider, too, is that the board isnt going to just go through our packets robotically. Their goal is to try to understand who you are and whether youd be a good fit in the army and within the Aviaton WO Cohort. So they will pick and choose and read whatever they need within your packet to get to a point to make that go/no-go decision. Each WO will have a different flavor in how they do things but theyre all trying to accomplish the same mission: choosing their potential co-pilots.
  • Like 1

I was specifically told by one of the secretaries of the board that if you have 6, include them all. The way they explained it, whether you submit 3 or 6, they will probably not read too much into them, but they will at least glance at each one.

• Like 4

I was specifically told by one of the secretaries of the board that if you have 6, include them all. The way they explained it, whether you submit 3 or 6, they will probably not read too much into them, but they will at least glance at each one.

Right.

For what it's worth, this is my take and what I did/why I included 6.

Call me confident or arrogant but I knew I had good chances. How to show them I'm worthy? By highlighting how I embody the whole-person-concept in these letters.

One LoR was about how I am committed to physical fitness beyond what the APFT requires.

Another focused on my high GPAs which demonstrates scholastic aptitude.

Another one focused on my leadership abilities. Even in the one from a run off the mill retail job, my former boss made sure to emphasize my work integrity and trustworthiness.

See where I'm getting at? Not everybody knows/respects you for the same reasons but all these different reasons show what kind of person you are.

• Like 3

AD Navy Applicant

I have been attempting at applying for over 3 years. Finally had the time and support from big Navy to allow me the conditional release and operational commitment.

Board Ready for the May board (1st) but not sure how that has panned out yet.

Preparing myself for a FQ-NS and July Board.

GT: 111

APFT: 246

SIFT: 46

LOR: O-4 H-60 Pilot, O-5 H-60 Pilot, & CW5 H-60 pilot and Command CWO

Experience: 10 years, H-60 Airframe & Hydraulic Mechanic, E-6 (HH60H,SH60B/F/R, MH60S)

College: 72 credits towards BS, 51 towards AS (Aeronautics)

Not the hottest stats by any means but a lot of leadership experience and outstanding Eval's(NCOERS) that I hope will benefit me.

Good Luck to all.

Hello from another Navy applicant! My conditional release was declined twice by NAVPERS, so I'm planning to EAOS in April 2020 so that I can apply as a civilian. You mentioned that you were finally able to secure your conditional release, how many times did you request?

I'm an AWS2 at Lemoore SAR and I know a couple of the guys from Fallon SAR and NAWDC. Do you mind if I ask which you are stationed at?

Thanks,

Aaron

• Like 1

July will be my first look since, after some neglect, my packet never made it to this last board. My recruiter has taken ownership of a part of it, and so have I, we drive on with lessons learned.

In yall's opinion do yall think a waiver for an illegal waterfowl I shot two seasons ago is grounds for denial? Also, I am a prior service civilian applicant; I felt that I lacked the luxury of getting eyes on my packet with my recruiter doing the bulk of the work. To civilians reading, were yall able to get eyes on yall's packet and make corrections yourself on the spot? Also in terms of waivers, do yall have any contact information for as to who I can get with in checking the status of a waiver? DM me that info if possible.

In hindsight, I thought for about 24hrs I was non-select, to find out my packet was never event looked at. I'll take that over a nonselect having only more shot in a fiscal year. Someone mentioned this in the May board feed, and I am paraphrasing, "if it doesn't feel right, think, and act." I couldn't agree more.

Civilian Male Applicant

Service: 6 yrs an infantryman

ASVAB: I dunno but my GT is 112

SIFT: 52 (took me two tries, in yall's opinion do yall think that will hurt me, have yall known people to get selected with two SIFT attempt?)

Physical: Stamped and approved

Flight: 135ish hrs, instrument rotorcraft cert

APFT: 260 but will improve

LoR: 3: GM to the Crossfit Gym I coach at, CFII who trained me, retired CW5 and DPE who did my PPL.

Waiver: Still pending approval illegal waterfowl I shot two seasons ago.

• Like 1

July will be my first look since, after some neglect, my packet never made it to this last board. My recruiter has taken ownership of a part of it, and so have I, we drive on with lessons learned....

I was not able to see my packet whatsoever. You kind of just have to find a decent recruiter and contact up the chain of command to make sure everything is right. Like I mentioned in the May board post, I would get in contact with the Battalion Ops guy. They should have a direct line to the board and can check waiver status's. There is a number listed on the FAQ part of the warrant officer section of the USAREC website. Have your recruiter call it to check waivers. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll DM it to you. Even though the phone number is in the public domain, don't call it yourself.