133 replies to this topic

#21 Kur

Kur

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:24

I was specifically told by one of the secretaries of the board that if you have 6, include them all.  The way they explained it,  whether you submit 3 or 6, they will probably not read too much into them, but they will at least glance at each one.

Right.

For what it's worth, this is my take and what I did/why I included 6.

Call me confident or arrogant but I knew I had good chances. How to show them I'm worthy? By highlighting how I embody the whole-person-concept in these letters.
One LoR was about how I am committed to physical fitness beyond what the APFT requires.
Another focused on my high GPAs which demonstrates scholastic aptitude.
Another one focused on my leadership abilities. Even in the one from a run off the mill retail job, my former boss made sure to emphasize my work integrity and trustworthiness.

See where I'm getting at? Not everybody knows/respects you for the same reasons but all these different reasons show what kind of person you are.
  • SwissK31 and texmex11x like this

#22 sikorsky.shuffle

sikorsky.shuffle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 16:09

AD Navy Applicant

I have been attempting at applying for over 3 years. Finally had the time and support from big Navy to allow me the conditional release and operational commitment.

Board Ready for the May board (1st) but not sure how that has panned out yet.

Preparing myself for a FQ-NS and July Board.

GT: 111

APFT: 246

SIFT: 46

LOR: O-4 H-60 Pilot, O-5 H-60 Pilot, & CW5 H-60 pilot and Command CWO

Experience: 10 years, H-60 Airframe & Hydraulic Mechanic, E-6 (HH60H,SH60B/F/R, MH60S)

College: 72 credits towards BS, 51 towards AS (Aeronautics)

Not the hottest stats by any means but a lot of leadership experience and outstanding Eval's(NCOERS) that I hope will benefit me.

Good Luck to all.

Hello from another Navy applicant!  My conditional release was declined twice by NAVPERS, so I'm planning to EAOS in April 2020 so that I can apply as a civilian. You mentioned that you were finally able to secure your conditional release, how many times did you request?

I'm an AWS2 at Lemoore SAR and I know a couple of the guys from Fallon SAR and NAWDC. Do you mind if I ask which you are stationed at?

Thanks,

Aaron

• BlackLeo likes this

#23 texmex11x

texmex11x

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 17:24

July will be my first look since, after some neglect, my packet never made it to this last board. My recruiter has taken ownership of a part of it, and so have I, we drive on with lessons learned.

In yall's opinion do yall think a waiver for an illegal waterfowl I shot two seasons ago is grounds for denial? Also, I am a prior service civilian applicant; I felt that I lacked the luxury of getting eyes on my packet with my recruiter doing the bulk of the work. To civilians reading, were yall able to get eyes on yall's packet and make corrections yourself on the spot? Also in terms of waivers, do yall have any contact information for as to who I can get with in checking the status of a waiver? DM me that info if possible. 

In hindsight, I thought for about 24hrs I was non-select, to find out my packet was never event looked at. I'll take that over a nonselect having only more shot in a fiscal year. Someone mentioned this in the May board feed, and I am paraphrasing, "if it doesn't feel right, think, and act." I couldn't agree more. 

Civilian Male Applicant 

Service: 6 yrs an infantryman 

ASVAB: I dunno but my GT is 112

SIFT: 52 (took me two tries, in yall's opinion do yall think that will hurt me, have yall known people to get selected with two SIFT attempt?)

Physical: Stamped and approved 

Flight: 135ish hrs, instrument rotorcraft cert

APFT: 260 but will improve

LoR: 3: GM to the Crossfit Gym I coach at, CFII who trained me, retired CW5 and DPE who did my PPL. 

Waiver: Still pending approval illegal waterfowl I shot two seasons ago. 

• SwissK31 likes this

#24 SwissK31

SwissK31

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 22:17

July will be my first look since, after some neglect, my packet never made it to this last board. My recruiter has taken ownership of a part of it, and so have I, we drive on with lessons learned....

I was not able to see my packet whatsoever.  You kind of just have to find a decent recruiter and contact up the chain of command to make sure everything is right.  Like I mentioned in the May board post, I would get in contact with the Battalion Ops guy.  They should have a direct line to the board and can check waiver status's.  There is a number listed on the FAQ part of the warrant officer section of the USAREC website.  Have your recruiter call it to check waivers.  If you can't find it, let me know and I'll DM it to you.  Even though the phone number is in the public domain, don't call it yourself.  

#25 msf0492

msf0492

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 15:54

Confirmed board ready for 1st look in July.

AD Army SSG
Air Traffic Controller
6 years tis
Sift: 48
APFT: 289
GT: 111
Associates Degree in CJ; 134 credits total; 3.47 GPA
Physical: Stamped ETP

Now we wait...
  • Anatalias and msf0492 like this

#26 rob.pet21

rob.pet21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 21:29

Well, I'm hoping my physical gets back in time for the July cut off, and now I realize I'll need the AFS waiver. Other than that, I think I may stand a shot. 

GT: 117
SIFT: 49
APFT: 290 (consistent +290 range documented)
EDUCATION: Graduate in August with a B.S. with a 3.3 GPA
MILITARY: 11 years, current SOF (4 years)
FLIGHT: None
LORS: Company (O4), BN (O5), and CW5 Aviator (The Aviator LOR is solid)
OTHER INFO: Already have SERE -C Completed, Distinguished Honor Grad at all NCOES, NCOERs are MQ or 1/1.
SELECTED: TBD        

#27 zsmith15

zsmith15

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:27

Recruiter should have the packet submitted for the July board. After starting this process in October I am finally ready (knock on wood).

Civilian Male Applicant  

ASVAB/GT:  94/126 

SIFT: 45

Physical: Stamped and approved 

Flight: None

APFT: 268

Education: B.S. 3.36 GPA

LoR: 3: Director at current job, CW3, 24year retired navy pilot, 13year retired HC-130 Air Force Pilot

Waiver: None

#28 Anatalias

Anatalias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:36

How long did it take to get notified "board ready". I sent in my corrections and updates about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything except it's been sent to USAREC pending qualification, which is the message I got when I submitted the updates. I've emailed my recruiter but again, haven't heard back. Just starting to get curious if I should be more vocal or reach out to a different recruiter. Thanks. 

#29 Seaturtle

Seaturtle

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 17:39

How long did it take to get notified "board ready". I sent in my corrections and updates about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything except it's been sent to USAREC pending qualification, which is the message I got when I submitted the updates. I've emailed my recruiter but again, haven't heard back. Just starting to get curious if I should be more vocal or reach out to a different recruiter. Thanks. 

Any update? I'm in the same boat. Sent in my packet and had to make corrections. Sent them over two seperate days but haven't heard anything else. The recruiter said my application is still pending but I'm still anxious to hear back saying everything is in good order.

• edgerton24 likes this

#30 edgerton24

edgerton24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 22:15

Sent my corrections in on the 3rd and still havent gotten any update. I emailed the regional recruiter yesterday for an update. Still awaiting a reply.

#31 rams2495

rams2495

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:59

My corrections were processed and got notified today its sitting with usarec pending review and to call in 2 weeks for a status check aka 12 days before the board. This process is annoying as f*ck and doesnt seem consistent whatsoever
  • BigMac4 likes this

#32 BigMac4

BigMac4

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 13:54

My corrections were processed and got notified today its sitting with usarec pending review and to call in 2 weeks for a status check aka 12 days before the board. This process is annoying as f*ck and doesnt seem consistent whatsoever

Did you try contacting a different recruiter? That was the only way I was able to get an update.
  • rams2495 likes this

#33 Flyboy365

Flyboy365

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 21:12

Am I the only person that cant find UF 601-210.12 Transmittal to WOFT? It hasn't been on any site that I've been to so far. Any help would be great!

#34 montyC

montyC

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 07:50

Am I the only person that cant find UF 601-210.12 Transmittal to WOFT? It hasn't been on any site that I've been to so far. Any help would be great!

There should be one online, but if you can wait a few days, I might have a copy on my laptop. I'm currently out of town.

#35 rams2495

rams2495

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:06

I called every recruiter listed on the warrant website. The only one that called me back was my recruiter. Apparently theres a code on my packet cause Im a sister service??

#36 zsmith15

zsmith15

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:28

I completed my PT test last Tuesday(6/11/19) and last minute corrections Friday(6/14/19), my recruiter submitted it to the guy who makes corrections on Monday (6/17/19) and I received a text from my recruiter yesterday (6/19/19) telling me I'm board ready. Did you have any waivers?

#37 Flyboy365

Flyboy365

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:08

There should be one online, but if you can wait a few days, I might have a copy on my laptop. I'm currently out of town.

That would be great, thank you!

• montyC likes this

#38 montyC

montyC

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 17:35

That would be great, thank you!

do you still need it? what's your email?

#39 Anatalias

Anatalias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 21:14

I completed my PT test last Tuesday(6/11/19) and last minute corrections Friday(6/14/19), my recruiter submitted it to the guy who makes corrections on Monday (6/17/19) and I received a text from my recruiter yesterday (6/19/19) telling me I'm board ready. Did you have any waivers?

No waivers, just poor communication for a bit with my recruiter. I ended up calling a recruiter from a different region and they looked it up and gave me the "board ready" over the phone. 

#40 Flyboy365

Flyboy365

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:09

do you still need it? what's your email?

I sent you it thru message

• montyC likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Packet

10 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Davis215, Raptor89

Guidance Home 200HeliHelmets-VR HomeFreeFlight_Home200Spectrum_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200BLR 200Genesys VR Forum 200LakeSuperior200