#1 gravityrideseverything

gravityrideseverything

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. Coast Guard

Posted 10 May 2019 - 21:40

I just received my age waiver to attend IERW! So excited!!!

Any National Guard people out there who were prior service that required basic training? AF, Navy, or USCG?

Active duty E-6 from U.S. Coast Guard. Told I will enter at E-4 for BCT then E-5 for WOCS. 2 ranks is a kick in the balls!!!

Told the decision is based on policy from AR-600-8-19 chapter 7 section 26e (Enlisted Promotions):

Army policy does not allow NCOES credit for professional development courses conducted by the Navy, Air Force, or Coast Guard. Do not submit requests for waiver or exception to policy. Exception is ROTC Advanced Camp as refer- enced in paragraph 724a(16).

For active duty WOFT prior service the policy is driven from UR 601-210 F-8 d-5 (Enlisted Acessions Processing):
Ensure the selectee enlists in the Army at their present grade and for a period of four (4) years.

There seems to be contractive information here. First the NG apparently does not use UR manuals. What is the ultimate authority here and why is it so different for active selection?

Does anyone have a trump card here? Any manual ninjas out there that can help please?

It seems stupid to reduce me in rank for 15 weeks to then promote me again. I do know the training is 100% worth it but to me losing 5-7k over that period is very serious.

Thank you.

#2 gravityrideseverything

gravityrideseverything

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. Coast Guard

Posted 11 May 2019 - 01:17

Calculations are based upon base pay and BAH differences. Reminds me. Would I be grandfathered at the BAH pay I currently have? I believe there are rules for that but I'm not sure if it would apply for this or not.

#3 kona4breakfast

kona4breakfast

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 13:56

Guard does use ARs. They have NGRs, but since you're going to the schoolhouse, ARs rule everything around you, dolla dolla bills y'all. The RA gives zero shits about the NGRs, which is a big reason why I'm working on that interservice transfer right now. Shout out to Rucker and TRADOC!

I told my mom I wanted to be a pilot when I grew up.  She told me I couldn't do both.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

FreeFlight_Home200HeliHelmets-VR HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200BLR 200PrecisionVRForumHome200LakeSuperior200Spectrum_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200