Max age of 32 for Flight School

Even though the max age for WOFT is 32, the Navy as of last month raised their age limit to 32 as well for Pilots and NFOs. More options perhaps for future aviators. USAF is still 30 for pilot training. Flight pay is all the same. Wings are Wings whether gold or silver.

• Like 1

The WOFT max age was a recent change from 33 right?

I also recall a recent AFPC message that USAF will allow an age limit of 33 (before Jan. 1, 2020) now for Pilot, CSO, RPA positions for the upcoming boards, but I think it is in-service only.

Army limit is no older than 33rd birthday at the time of board, so 32 11 months and 30 days on the board convening date is good to go. If your 33rd birthday is after the convene date you will require an age ETP.

April 29th that changed. The new age limit is 32

"Effective on 29 April 2019, new 153A application packets must not exceed 32 years of age at the time of the board or 8 years AFS at the time of DA61 signature. Packets received before 29 April 2019 are "grandfathered", as well as May WOSB FQNS". 32nd birthday or 33rd birthday? It is written in several different ways. Where is the actual policy written?

"Effective on 29 April 2019, new 153A application packets must not exceed 32 years of age at the time of the board or 8 years AFS at the time of DA61 signature. Packets received before 29 April 2019 are "grandfathered", as well as May WOSB FQNS". 32nd birthday or 33rd birthday? It is written in several different ways. Where is the actual policy written?

The only thing I could find is through the the Warrant Officer Recruiting Facebook page. Not exactly official looking. But it reads more 31 years,11 months and 30 days.

Hey guys, calling it an age limit is the wrong mentality. I was selected at age 34 with more than 12 yrs AFS. All it requires is another memo, it's not a limit. If you think its a limit then you cut yourself short.

I always meet aspiring pilots who think they won't qualify because of some "limit", when all they want to see is a memo explaining your situation.

I had 2 memos that read exactly the same word for word. Only difference was the subject line. It's too easy!

Hey guys, calling it an age limit is the wrong mentality. I was selected at age 34 with more than 12 yrs AFS. All it requires is another memo, it's not a limit. If you think its a limit then you cut yourself short.

I always meet aspiring pilots who think they won't qualify because of some "limit", when all they want to see is a memo explaining your situation.

I had 2 memos that read exactly the same word for word. Only difference was the subject line. It's too easy!

I pmd you

“Age ETP - For 153A MOS - Is required if the applicant has reached their 32nd birthday prior to their packet being boarded. For all other WO MOSs - Is required if the applicant has reached their 46th birthday prior to their packet being boarded.“ From the USAREC website. The actual authority for it should be published in a MILPER.

N67RA,

I'm guessing that you're referring to an ETP? Was the max AFS time 12 years when you were selected? How many years of AFS did you have when you were selected? This is big news for me because I will be at nine years when I am applying in the spring of 2020.

Thanks,

Aaron