162 replies to this topic

#61 Casey23

Casey23

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 14:37

I also just received waiver approval and board ready status.

#feelsgoodman

#62 gravityrideseverything

gravityrideseverything

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. Coast Guard

Posted 07 September 2019 - 15:50

I also just received waiver approval and board ready status.

AFS, AGE, MORAL?

#63 xsurfscx

xsurfscx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 16:22

Age and two morale.

#64 xsurfscx

xsurfscx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 16:31

AFS, AGE, MORAL?

#65 Shibagod

Shibagod

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 22:33

Submitted my packet on August 29th. Battalion commander did not submit it and now is refusing to submit it because the deadline has passed. Unbelievable.

Will the board still look at packets that were submitted past the deadline? I wasn't aware. I submitted mine last week with 1 waiver for the intention of going for the November board.

#66 Commodian

Commodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:05

Will the board still look at packets that were submitted past the deadline? I wasn't aware. I submitted mine last week with 1 waiver for the intention of going for the November board.

• Shibagod and Commodian like this

#67 rob.pet21

rob.pet21

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 21:15

I've been in an austere training area but managed to hop on NIPR. AFS approved, BR. Good luck next week everyone!

#68 Shibagod

Shibagod

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 22:33

I've been in an austere training area but managed to hop on NIPR. AFS approved, BR. Good luck next week everyone!

Did you just email a recruiter to check status? A pilot was telling me there was a method to check on one's own.

#69 rob.pet21

rob.pet21

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:14

Did you just email a recruiter to check status? A pilot was telling me there was a method to check on one's own.

I recieved an email monday saying my AFS waiver was approved and packet was board ready

#70 cmax23

cmax23

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:37

Hey Everybody!

Just joined VR and just found out I made it into this board

Stats:

APFT: 280

SIFT: 57

ASVAB: 96

GT: 134

Education: B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies (4.0)

LORs (5): Army O-6 recently retired former Apache pilot, Navy O-6 retired civilian flight instructor (taught my ground schools), USMC O-4 former active duty CH-46 pilot and my CFI, A Friend I did volunteer work with, My Pastor.

Flight experience: 202 hours (fixed wing), Private Pilot License, instrument rating, and complex endorsement.

No prior service

No waivers

Good Luck Everyone!

#71 texmex11x

texmex11x

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:45

To individuals getting BR status' and waiver approvals updates via email, are yall military applicants or civilian?

I just found out yesterday that I am actually not Board Ready after beening told by the station commander, who I thought was a trust worthy individuals, to find out by recruiter that my packet still needed corrections. This has happened in a previous board, March, being told my packet is 100% BR to last minute rushing to gather information to make corrections weeks before the board. I was told yesterday my medical record update was the absolute last thing, probably not, and that I would find out today about my packet being reviewed. Very frustrating but there is only one real goal, getting a BR status. To any civilian applicant how did yall recieve word of yalls WOFT packets being actually "BR"? Email sounds the most official. 

#72 T4C

T4C

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 13:17

To individuals getting BR status' and waiver approvals updates via email, are yall military applicants or civilian?

I just found out yesterday that I am actually not Board Ready after beening told by the station commander, who I thought was a trust worthy individuals, to find out by recruiter that my packet still needed corrections. This has happened in a previous board, March, being told my packet is 100% BR to last minute rushing to gather information to make corrections weeks before the board. I was told yesterday my medical record update was the absolute last thing, probably not, and that I would find out today about my packet being reviewed. Very frustrating but there is only one real goal, getting a BR status. To any civilian applicant how did yall recieve word of yalls WOFT packets being actually "BR"? Email sounds the most official. 

Civilian here...Really sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, I have not got a status update as to if my packet is BR or not. My recruiter just keeps telling me that theres nothing else to do and that since we havent heard anything all is good. Cant seem to find anyone able to check to see if its Board Ready. So I guess Im going into next week hoping its Board Ready, but not entirely sure.

#73 Shibagod

Shibagod

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 14:58

That sucks man. I'm coming from Active Duty. I wasn't originally planning to get BR this month, I was just hoping for an anomaly lol.

#74 rob.pet21

rob.pet21

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 11:05

I'm active duty as well.

#75 Casey23

Casey23

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:38

Didnt get everything in for the JUL board. Was told today that my packet went to proponent for AFS waiver. Anyone know what's the turnaround on that?

Stats

GT: 117
SIFT: 49
APFT: 290 (consistent +290 range documented)
EDUCATION: Graduate this Saturday with a B.S. with a 3.4 GPA
MILITARY: 11 years, current SOF (4 years)
FLIGHT: None
LORS: Company (O4), BN (O5), and CW5 Aviator (The Aviator LOR is solid)
OTHER INFO: Already have SERE -C Completed, Distinguished Honor Grad at all NCOES, NCOERs are MQ or 1/1.
SELECTED: TBD

Coming from active duty as well (non-Army),  I received an email directly from USAREC on 06SEP19 stating my AFS was approved and packet is BR. Some of us in this thread received theirs as well. If your regional WO recruiter hasn't gotten back to you I would recommend calling proponent directly (334) 255-1420 and talking to either Godfrey, Allen R (Randy) CTR or Miller, David Michael CTR and asking for an update on your waiver. I spoke with them a couple months ago when my recruiter was TDY. Very easy going. Hope everything works out, strong stats.

#76 texmex11x

texmex11x

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 13:37

Recuiter mentioned friday, I am board ready, I am not holding my breath though, something feels off. Hopefully 20 civiliam applicants get picked up. How are yall getting through the time?

#77 rob.pet21

rob.pet21

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:13

Recuiter mentioned friday, I am board ready, I am not holding my breath though, something feels off. Hopefully 20 civiliam applicants get picked up. How are yall getting through the time?

Work. We just got back from a training event so we're doing recovery. I'm also waiting on the E7 selection list.

#78 cmax23

cmax23

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:05

My recruiter just called me. Selected!!!!!!

#79 Jlopez13

Jlopez13

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 13:00

Anyone have access to the list?

Congrats, cmax23!

#80 T4C

T4C

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 13:10

Congrats man!!! Hope to hear from mine soon!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomePrecisionVRForumHome200Genesys VR Forum 200FreeFlight_Home200BLR 200Spectrum_VRHome200LakeSuperior200Guidance Home 200