4 replies to this topic

#1 zaurus

zaurus

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 18:30

For those who selected fixed wing, do you SOLO in the Grob G120TP at all? How many hours/flights in this aircraft before transitioning to the C-12?

#2 RiseUpNation44

RiseUpNation44

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Company working for:Infantry, Senior Drill Sergeant

Posted 11 June 2019 - 19:18

Nope, no solo. I can't remember the exact number of flights but want to say 15, plus a few days of UPRT (Upset recovery). It's a fast and fun airplane to learn on, just enough time to kind of learn how to land haha. Then you hit the C12 sim for instruments for just under a month and then onto the flightline for 28 flights.

#3 zaurus

zaurus

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 21:50

Thanks. With this short fixed wing course I see why the AF, Navy, CG and MC does not recognize the Army fixed wing training for interservice transfers.

#4 zaurus

zaurus

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:02

Well, if you don't SOLO in the G120TP, do you solo with a stick buddy in the TH-67 or TH-72?

#5 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:28

Thanks. With this short fixed wing course I see why the AF, Navy, CG and MC does not recognize the Army fixed wing training for interservice transfers.

That's not true. It's more complicated than length alone. Talk to the POC for inter-service transfers if you want more information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Genesys VR Forum 200FreeFlight_Home200PrecisionVRForumHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200LakeSuperior200Guidance Home 200Spectrum_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeBLR 200