Questions for Recent Enlisted AF to Army Aviator

I am currently in the process of working my package for March 2020, and have completed my SIFT, Medical, and obtained my REDD. I can answer questions about how that went for me. I do have questions for any Interservice applicants though!

I had spoken with a TACP to Aviator a few months ago that had stated transfering as an E6 in 2015 he retained his pay grade through out BCT. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

As well, what was your experience like as an E5/E6 going through Army Basic?

• Like 3

Just went through basic at Benning in February with an AF E6. You will have separate barracks and will have more privileges (phone, no bay inspections, post pass, etc.). However you will still have to do everything the lower enlisted will, and have to present yourself in a manner that an E6 would. You will be paid at your appropriate rank.

• Like 2

I am currently in the process of working my package for March 2020, and have completed my SIFT, Medical, and obtained my REDD. I can answer questions about how that went for me. I do have questions for any Interservice applicants though!

I had spoken with a TACP to Aviator a few months ago that had stated transfering as an E6 in 2015 he retained his pay grade through out BCT. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

As well, what was your experience like as an E5/E6 going through Army Basic?

Can I ask why youre waiting for next year? Id advise keeping an eye on your expiration dates for certain things otherwise youll have to reaccomplish.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any AD AF members know where I can obtain a copy of my REDD report?

Call the Warrant recruiter for your area and ask them to get it for you. Their number is under the contact us tab on the website.