What are my chances? Army WOFT w/ baggage

So this is my first time on the forum and am only asking this because I havent found much elsewhere. These are my stats.

Age 28

Gt 120

Sift 62

Prior service Marine

Apft 285

Physically qual'd at MEPS already

Lors: 2-star USA, 1-star USA, CWO3 USMC, CWO3 USMC, CAPT USMC

College grad with BS in IT

Sounds great right?

I got a DUI over two years ago and am not on any sort of probation. I actually got lesser than the state mandatory minimum. It wasnt a standard DUI. I was pushing my motorcycle in a parking lot and got a cop on a bad day. I wrote one hell of a motivational essay and (what my recruiter says) a very inspiring moral essay. Am I fishing in a dead pond? Or do I have a sliver of a chance?

Sorry for any typos. I'm posting from my cell phone.

I say you have BETTER then a sliver of hope in being selected. Even a former Marine can be forgiven when their hand is slapped. By the way, if a non select, the Navy as of April 30th increased the age limit to 32 for pilot and NFO. No mention of the USMC increasing the age limit.

Since the last USMC EA-6B squadron deactivated earlier this year, the MC may not have a need for NFOs in the future..

Curious question, why Army aviation over the other services regarding pilot training? Navy and AF are in play with your stats. In fact, if you go AF Guard or AF Reserves, you can select your aircraft and location.

I tried navy and they waived my DUI but my age was issue. I was right at the cutoff for age. I would be 28 before I would've received my commission. I guess I could revisit it if WOFT doesnt work out. I'll have to call my recruiter I was working with in the navy. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Where did you see the Navy increased the age for pilots? I'm not finding anything

airwarriors.com. You can find the Navy message on the age change.

. Go Main Forum page 2 Apr 30th.. Let me know when you find it. You may owe me a Olive Garden lunch, SAILOR.. :D

I say you have BETTER then a sliver of hope in being selected. Even a former Marine can be forgiven when their hand is slapped. By the way, if a non select, the Navy as of April 30th increased the age limit to 32 for pilot and NFO. No mention of the USMC increasing the age limit.

Since the last USMC EA-6B squadron deactivated earlier this year, the MC may not have a need for NFOs in the future..

Curious question, why Army aviation over the other services regarding pilot training? Navy and AF are in play with your stats. In fact, if you go AF Guard or AF Reserves, you can select your aircraft and location.

So I am kinda just skimming this thread and just to clarify, I can research more, but can a prior Army Servicemen with a degree and civilian rotorcraft ratings go Active USMC to fly helicopters?

So this is my first time on the forum and am only asking this because I havent found much elsewhere. These are my stats.

Age 28

Gt 120

Sift 62

Prior service Marine

Apft 285

Physically qual'd at MEPS already

Lors: 2-star USA, 1-star USA, CWO3 USMC, CWO3 USMC, CAPT USMC

College grad with BS in IT

Sounds great right?

I got a DUI over two years ago and am not on any sort of probation. I actually got lesser than the state mandatory minimum. It wasnt a standard DUI. I was pushing my motorcycle in a parking lot and got a cop on a bad day. I wrote one hell of a motivational essay and (what my recruiter says) a very inspiring moral essay. Am I fishing in a dead pond? Or do I have a sliver of a chance?

Sorry for any typos. I'm posting from my cell phone.

So... I went through with a person recently who had like 6 moral waivers and may or may not have been considered a felon at some point in their life.

Prior to that experience, I would have said no chance in hell. I would have said there's no way the Army would accept anyone with a DUI somewhere in their record. But seeing that person (and they were legitimately a good candidate other than their record), I think you have a genuine shot. The worst they can say is no.

• Like 1

I'm concerned about my baggage as well. My "bags of concern" are as follows:

TIS: 15 years (12 USMC, 3 NG)

Eyesight: Correctable to 20/20 with glasses

Having done my own research I see where age is waivable, Time In Service is waivable and eyesight too is waivable.

Does anyone here advise a specific course of action considering my age, TIS etc...?