• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slsmith80112

slsmith80112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 22:32

I am interested in knowing which countries around the world require touch-down autorotation training versus power-recovery-only training and for which license levels.

Hopefully this forum is used internationally.

I am assuming that SOME form of autortation training is required everywhere.

I can imagine that some countries only require power-recovery until you get to a certain level at which point full-touch-down may be required.

I can also imagine that military requirements differ from civil requirements. I am less concerned about answers for the military but it would be good information to have.

Please refrain from discussing whether you think it is a good or bad idea to do full versus recovery... I imagine that topic has been beaten to death in other threads.   I'm just looking for actual requirements by country and license level based on knowledge dated July 2019.

I am using acronyms as follows..

PPL - Private Pilot License (or equivalent in your country)

CPL - Commercial Pilot License (or equivalent in your country)

CFI - Certified Flight Instructor (or equivalen in your country)

If you are giving an answer for the military then go ahead and give a name that describes the license/rating... I've no idea what those names might be. Perhaps something like "Navy Airman Class 3"

Here is an example of what a good answer would look like.....

Date of Information:  2019 July

PPL:  power-recovery

CPL; power-recovery

CFI: full-down

Thanks for your help

#2 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:10

The US Army forbids touchdown autos in all standard airframes flown, with the exception of the remaining few TH-67 trainers in flight school. Touchdown autos were a normal daily training exercise prior to the switch to LUH-72s for flight school. Power recoveries are the only method trained and evaluated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: autorotation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

UNDVRFTForum200Anthelion_VRFTForum200LakeSuperior200FlightTrainingArkansas Helicopters VR FT200JerryTrimbleBLR FT 200VOLO_VRFT200702HeliVRFT200GuidanceVRFTForum200Precision_FTForum200