Anyone Interested in half ownership of a Safari?

I am planning on buying a safari Homebuilt Heli. I have done quite a bit of research on owning my own heli and have decided that this one is the best bet for someone like me who is interested in owning a proven safe helicopter. I could almost buy this kit myself, but it wont make the wife to happy so I am looking for someone in the Washington metro area who would like to have a ownership in this heli.

I found a web-site from a guy who built the whole kit and finished it (most likely by now) but can't get insured - therefore he must sell it!

his e-mail is sporth@ptd.net and his name is Glenn n Damaris's...

the web-site I got it from..

http://www.usbusiness.com/helicopter/TSsSafari01.htm

don't know how long ago but I guess it's worth checking out..

good luck

There are 4 completed safaris for sale at the moment. Do a search under globalplanesearch.

Most seem to want about $80,000 USD, Dont know the price of the kit, but maybe worth looking at.

Make sure you get in contact with some owners before you buy, see what sort of trouble they are/have had, and how they fixed it.

On the whole Ive heard postive things on the safari, alothugh I believe they can get a moderate 2p vibe which as far as I know hasnt been fixed, but whether this is a fault of the kit or the builder I havent been able to acertain.

Good luck and keep us informed.

I have heard about the vibration too,but when I talked to a owner of one who is also an A&P he said the company has resolved that recently by going to a different blade.(carbon composite..I think is one the mfg. told me.)

I have scoured the internet and the only information that I have found that gives me pause is the fact that the tail rotor control behaves so much differently than the r22. But I have also read that an r22 pilot gets use to it, and that few helicopters have the excellent tail rotor control that the r22 has.(Frank Robinson's specialty)