Hunter Army Airfield- Where to live

Berwick is a nice area. It's a 15 min drive to nearly everything around there. 15 min to Hunter (via 516 bypass or Georgetown), Richmond Hill, Pooler, and downtown. It's closer to 40 min to get to Tybee though. My morning commute during rush hour is usually 15-20 min. Plus the shopping center around Berwick is pretty decent, a few good restaurants, golf course, close access to I-16/Hwy 17/95, and AT&T fiber in most of the neighborhoods. Also, the whole area sits high enough that flooding isn't really a concern during hurricane season (I've weathered the last few dry as a bone).

What exactly are you looking for? Throw us some details and I'll help point you in the right direction.

Basically a single family home, good neighborhood and schools, close enough to Hunter not to be a pain, not too far from the beach. I don't mind a commute, but any more than 45 minutes is a bit much. It's looking more and more like Richmond Hill is really the place to go.

Basically a single family home, good neighborhood and schools, close enough to Hunter not to be a pain, not too far from the beach. I don't mind a commute, but any more than 45 minutes is a bit much. It's looking more and more like Richmond Hill is really the place to go.

If good schools are a priority, south Bryan County (Richmond Hill) or Effingham County (Rincon) are your best options.

We bought a house in unincorporated south Bryan County (about 10 mins south of Richmond Hill) and couldn’t be happier with our neighborhood and schools. My commute is anywhere from 30-45 mins depending on traffic. It takes about an hour to get to Tybee Island, but then Jekyll Island is only an hour away as well.

I can’t speak personally about Effingham County but the schools are rated well and I have friends who seem to like living there. It’s farther inland so the commute would be about the same and Tybee Island is still about an hour away, but Jekyll Island is an hour and a half away.

Pooler and certain parts of Savannah are very nice as well, but generally speaking Chatham County schools are... less than desirable.