Army Combat Fitness Test

Only in 2020 and beyond. Minimum scores for combat arms are posted online, they're very low.

They are already doing it at WOCS and will continue too. According to some documents on the WOCS blackboard page "The ACFT is used in lieu of the normal APFT test.... if you are on profile and have been approved by WOCS to take an alternate event you will not take the ACFT."

I know the Army categorizes pilots as "Heavy demand" for the OPAT test so I would assume the same for ACFT. I don't have an official army source but if you can do mins on this chart should be fine. https://partner-mco-archive.s3.amazonaws.com/client_files/1533151187.pdf

I know the Army categorizes pilots as "Heavy demand" for the OPAT test so I would assume the same for ACFT. I don't have an official army source but if you can do mins on this chart should be fine. https://partner-mco-archive.s3.amazonaws.com/client_files/1533151187.pdf

I wonder why they're classified as heavy demand? Its not like they're grunts packing things and running on the front lines. I've always wondered this.

• Like 1

I know classes 19-09 through 19-22 are doing the acft for the final pt test to my understanding. You still take the Initial entry apft but the last one you take will be the acft.

Please correct me if Im wrong.

I was 19-11 and we took the normal APFT at the end of the course. They said they collected the data the needed, and until further notice it would be the APFT with the ACFT done for training/inventory purposes. Things change from class to class though...

have you not seen the beating helicopters put on your body? specially on your back! It's not a coincidence that half of the IPs at rucker have a hunched back...

I wonder why they're classified as heavy demand? Its not like they're grunts packing things and running on the front lines. I've always wondered this.

have you not seen the beating helicopters put on your body? specially on your back! It's not a coincidence that half of the IPs at rucker have a hunched back...

Eh... I'm not a pilot, but I've flown around in the back of my future aircraft a bit. It's not nearly the beating you take as a grunt. I'm sure it isn't the best thing in the world for your body, but infantry ravages you pretty intensely.

Eh... I'm not a pilot, but I've flown around in the back of my future aircraft a bit. It's not nearly the beating you take as a grunt. I'm sure it isn't the best thing in the world for your body, but infantry ravages you pretty intensely.

Mike is right, as a former grunt now pilot and I can tell you that the physical demands of the jobs are not even close to the same. We have guys who have injuries/profiles that allow them to do nothing on the standard APFT that are still great pilots.

• Like 2

Mike is right, as a former grunt now pilot and I can tell you that the physical demands of the jobs are not even close to the same. We have guys who have injuries/profiles that allow them to do nothing on the standard APFT that are still great pilots.

That's what I was getting at, from riding in and jumping out of these aircraft to the physical things I was doing on the ground is completely different. You can't be a great grunt and be broken they process them out in a heartbeat. A broken pilot? I'm sure theres a few and they still operate at the same ability as if they weren't.