Results on the New ACFT

We didnt do one for score but ran through each event. Im in the national guard so for the soldiers that are just showing up for the one weekend a month, I think they will struggle but for those of us that show a little bit of care factor we should be fine. You will need to do some sort of weight training to prepare for the ACFT. Its obviously not like the old one where you can be at home and just do sit-ups and push-ups between commercials and go run and couple times a week.

I got ~ 560 when I certified to become a grader/Ncoic. The general minimums are ridiculously easy, but the test will be far harder to max then the current APFT. My short falls were the hand release pushups, medicine ball throw ( barely missed max) and 2 mile run new max is (12:45). I currently can max the APFT pushups no problem, but the lack of momentum for the new pushups make it far harder and I ran out of time.

I think the new ACFT is by far more demanding and does a better job of measuring an individuals fitness level. However, I believe organizing this new test will be somewhat of a logistics nightmare.

This. It's a better overall measure of physical capability, but it's an unneccesarily huge pain in the ass to organize. The USMC has a CFT... and all you need is some engineers tape, some cones, and ammo cans full of sand. The Army requires all sorts of special crap that costs god knows how much and takes forever to set-up. I'm also positive people will start hurting themselves as they are encouraged to max a deadlift with no warm-up and no real coaching. Time will tell, I suppose.

• Like 3

I’m still waiting to see what they come up with for alternate events and how many pilots on permanent profiles they are going to kick out. Last article I saw on the subject said the sprint-drag-carry would be a required event no matter what which doesn’t really work for no running permanent profiles.