WOFT class pick up cycles

Are you are talking about WOBC after you graduate WOCS? They run a new class approximately every 2 weeks, and people are waiting anywhere between a couple weeks to 6 months to start WOBC. You graduate WOBC on Friday and report to SERE on Saturday, then once SERE complete you are usually waiting a couple weeks for IERW. There are bubbles growing right now but the cadre are working to reduce/remove these before they get too bad.

Edited by jkray
  • Like 1

Are you are talking about WOBC after you graduate WOCS? They run a new class approximately every 2 weeks, and people are waiting anywhere between a couple weeks to 6 months to start WOBC. You graduate WOBC on Friday and report to SERE on Saturday, then once SERE complete you are usually waiting a couple weeks for IERW. There are bubbles growing right now but the cadre are working to reduce/remove these before they get too bad.

Our bubble from SERE to IERW is probably going to be more than a couple weeks, now that D Co picked up a bunch of people from the summer.

Are there any training opportunities to be taken advantage of while you wait in one of those bubbles?

What are you doing in that time

There are a few. If you are an O-grade there is a chance for Ranger school. No chance of that if you are a warrant though. There is also ALSE if the bubble is big enough and I was able to get in on the high altitude chamber. Realistically, if your bubble is big enough they will put you on funeral detail for a long while. There was a time when about 15-20 of us were at honors detachment for about 5-6 months.

Chances of any schools (like airborne) that have a potential to injure you are very, very slim. The Army wants you to be a pilot and airborne, air assualt, ranger, etc provide no benefit to that. You'll most likely spend your bubbles doing funeral details, which can be a lot of fun with a good team, or doing other BS details for B Co like trash cleanup around post.

I would've assume high risk schools like that were out of the question but when I heard O's were going to ranger school i started second guessing. I can see ranger school being the exception of the bunch though. Bigger injury risk but it's a leadership school that anyone can benefit from.