Just out of curiosity. Not thinking about doing it myself. But I hear flight O's making the switch to warrant all the time. Are there ways to go from flight warrant to flight regular Officer?

Probably not, unless you're young enough to do ROTC by the time you'd be released from your first contract (ADSO). And then you wouldn't be competitive for aviation anyway/it would be a gamble if you were. You'd most likely branch as a loggie or ADA at that point and hate yourself. Your ADSO puts you basically eight years out, so it's not a realistic goal to have.

You can drop an OCS packet usually after a couple of years as a flight Warrant. You must have your 4 year degree, meet the age requirement and obviously your commander's approval in being selected. The ONLY branch out of OCS will be Aviation as a former flight Warrant. The Army wants you to maintain your skill set as an aviator.

You can drop an OCS packet usually after a couple of years as a flight Warrant. You must have your 4 year degree, meet the age requirement and obviously your commander's approval in being selected. The ONLY branch out of OCS will be Aviation as a former flight Warrant. The Army wants you to maintain your skill set as an aviator.

is it done often? I dont see many benefits to going that route other than pay

• 1 year later...