Jump to content

VOLO_VRHome200TigerTugsFrasca VRForum468Helicopter Academy
- - - - -

DD368 for being on the IRR for another branch?

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nil5038


    PVT Poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 17:03

It's unclear to my command if I will be on the IRR after I finsh my time in the Navy. If I am, will a dd368 be required to be released from the IRR?

#2 mike0331


    VR Veteran Poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Massachusetts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 15 August 2019 - 19:34

Yes, but from what I understand they are generally a given. Your recruiter should (presumably) be pretty used to dealing with this. 

#3 nil5038


    PVT Poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 13:48

I wasn't working with a recruiter. It makes sense that nobody will give me push on it but I'm just not sure who even to ask

#4 parking


    Student Poster

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 August 2019 - 14:41

Your contract/commission should tell you if you have a remaining MSO after leaving active duty, usually sometimes called a reserve component obligation or something equivalent in the Navy. Typically for officers it is 8 years. If you leave before the MSO, you will be put in IRR and require a 368 to move over to the Army.


The 368 requires a signature from a recruiter, don't think there is a way around it. So you will need one to sign it before it makes it up to your service component for approval. Like Mike said, it is typically approved without issues barring a major world conflict.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

FreeFlight_Home200LakeSuperior200BLR 200Genesys VR Forum 200PrecisionVRForumHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200Spectrum_VRHome200Guidance Home 200HeliHelmets-VR Home