November 2019 Board

Waivers don't get processed until the week before the board. I was worried about my AFS waiver also, but the recruiter cleared it up after I started shooting emails to them all.

That might be true for Age/AFS waivers, but my Morale waiver got processed last week. I was a bit surprised because I also had heard that all waivers got processed the week before the board.

There may have been some particular reason that occurred for this particular board. We will not know. Waivers are normally processed the week before the board convenes. It is pretty consistent if you look back. I would guess it just depends on each board and how many waivers they have to review. Keep in mind we are not the only MOS that submitted but there may not be as many that required waivers etc... I would think that this is a good thing for everyone but I have a hard time getting excited without realizing there are too many variables and so much information that is not disclosed.

This post is pertaing to civilian street-to-seat applicants. Stopped by the recuiting office yesterday to update some stuff in my packet. Got eyes on what I think is this recuiting regions list of WOFT applicant. Alot of green "BR" status' which makes me a little nervous. Im still waiting on my waiver for approval, thinking it wont happen till the week before the board. I didnt get any names so please consult your recuiter about that. This is just an update on what I saw, which is looking good for most but of course the only thing that matters are result come this Nov.

On 10/25/2019 at 1:37 PM, texmex11x said:

This post is pertaing to civilian street-to-seat applicants. Stopped by the recuiting office yesterday to update some stuff in my packet. Got eyes on what I think is this recuiting regions list of WOFT applicant. Alot of green "BR" status' which makes me a little nervous. Im still waiting on my waiver for approval, thinking it wont happen till the week before the board. I didnt get any names so please consult your recuiter about that. This is just an update on what I saw, which is looking good for most but of course the only thing that matters are result come this Nov.

"Alot of green "BR" status' which makes me a little nervous." 
What does that mean? I'm a civ NPS.

Also, I know that not everyone who applies to WOFT uses this forum, but does the few number of post pertaining to people posting their stats mean that this is probably going to be a smaller board?

And lastly, since October was the beginning of fiscal year 2020, that would mean the Nov. board is the first WOFT board of fiscal year 2020. Does the Army tend to select more in the beginning year and then lean out as the year goes on?

1 hour ago, LordByron423 said:

"Alot of green "BR" status' which makes me a little nervous." 
What does that mean? I'm a civ NPS.

Also, I know that not everyone who applies to WOFT uses this forum, but does the few number of post pertaining to people posting their stats mean that this is probably going to be a smaller board?

And lastly, since October was the beginning of fiscal year 2020, that would mean the Nov. board is the first WOFT board of fiscal year 2020. Does the Army tend to select more in the beginning year and then lean out as the year goes on?

Just trying to put it out there that alot of packets are "green", mine isnt at the moment but even if it was or is, it looked like alot of poeple to be competing against, which yes does make me nervous. 

On the real though, last year every civilian board had 20 applicants being accepted no matter the time of year. This is just my assumtion but if I were a beting man, 20 will get picked up this board. This is the first board of the fiscal year as well, got a buddy Im flying with now, who was a Kiowa Mechanic, mention that the ass end of the fiscal year is always the most competitive due to less slots. Now that information, like most found on these threads pertaining this subject matter, is all hear say. No one actually knows why the Army (Board Member) selects who they select. What I do know, the Army makes flying extremely realistic to individuals willing to put in the work and get things done i.e. an application, service, flight school etc. The process just blows a little. Whether your prior service getting civilian training paid for by the VA, Active Army to WOFT or a civilian trying street-to-seat, the Army can get you wings. My bad for the little extra b/s at the end, I really like to fly! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, texmex11x said:

Just trying to put it out there that alot of packets are "green", mine isnt at the moment but even if it was or is, it looked like alot of poeple to be competing against, which yes does make me nervous. 

On the real though, last year every civilian board had 20 applicants being accepted no matter the time of year. This is just my assumtion but if I were a beting man, 20 will get picked up this board. This is the first board of the fiscal year as well, got a buddy Im flying with now, who was a Kiowa Mechanic, mention that the ass end of the fiscal year is always the most competitive due to less slots. Now that information, like most found on these threads pertaining this subject matter, is all hear say. No one actually knows why the Army (Board Member) selects who they select. What I do know, the Army makes flying extremely realistic to individuals willing to put in the work and get things done i.e. an application, service, flight school etc. The process just blows a little. Whether your prior service getting civilian training paid for by the VA, Active Army to WOFT or a civilian trying street-to-seat, the Army can get you wings. My bad for the little extra b/s at the end, I really like to fly! 

Thank you for the clarifications. 

It's my first look, and here's what I'm working with:

APFT: 280
SIFT: 62
ASVAB/GT: 98/133
Education: B.S. Engineering Technology, 3.98 GPA
-No prior military service
-No flight experience
-No waivers
Physical: Stamped
LoR (4): Retired Army chaplain and current pastor, former engineering internship supervisor, and two college professors

3 hours ago, gravityrideseverything said:

It's a separate board. There are 3 separate boards for November. Civilian, prior commissioned, and active duty.

I get that they’re looking at three different set of folks, I was wondering if there are any commissioned guys on this Nov board. All the traffic and posting I see is street to seat or AD enlisted. 

2 hours ago, Gun Chief Wu said:

I get that they’re looking at three different set of folks, I was wondering if there are any commissioned guys on this Nov board. All the traffic and posting I see is street to seat or AD enlisted. 

I would suspect there is considering they only took like 10 last time and supposedly there were 60 applicants. Considering the additional board dates I would think that's highly likely you'll be competing against a solid amount of applicants. 

6 hours ago, gravityrideseverything said:

I would suspect there is considering they only took like 10 last time and supposedly there were 60 applicants. Considering the additional board dates I would think that's highly likely you'll be competing against a solid amount of applicants. 

I was wrong it was 10/50 for January 2019. Someone posted it in an earlier topic for commissioned officer to warrant.

Gun Chief Wu,

I’m a commissioned guy competing on this board.  I was FQ-NS on this past January board, staying hopeful for this one. 

SIFT: 59

APFT: 300

Mil: Active Duty Army Captain, 9 years TIS, Signal Officer

Civil Ed: BS Criminal Justice, 2.6 GPA

Flight Experience: Fixed Wing PPL

Phys: stamped Qualified

Waiver:  Age and AFCS waivers approved

LOR: Company Commander, Battalion Commander, Night Stalker CW5, Aviation MG 

8 hours ago, Steve L said:

Gun Chief Wu,

I’m a commissioned guy competing on this board.  I was FQ-NS on this past January board, staying hopeful for this one. 

SIFT: 59

APFT: 300

Mil: Active Duty Army Captain, 9 years TIS, Signal Officer

Civil Ed: BS Criminal Justice, 2.6 GPA

Flight Experience: Fixed Wing PPL

Phys: stamped Qualified

Waiver:  Age and AFCS waivers approved

LOR: Company Commander, Battalion Commander, Night Stalker CW5, Aviation MG 

I didn’t get on the Jan board due to my conditional release not being approved. I’m an Active Duty Capt with 8 years TIS. We’ll see what happens this go around. I hope they take 10 per board and not split the allocation Between the two boards. Good luck, brother. 

10 hours ago, Gun Chief Wu said:

I didn’t get on the Jan board due to my conditional release not being approved. I’m an Active Duty Capt with 8 years TIS. We’ll see what happens this go around. I hope they take 10 per board and not split the allocation Between the two boards. Good luck, brother. 

Thanks brother, good luck to you as well!

10 hours ago, eyrk said:

So when do we think the MILPER is going to be published? With Thanksgiving on Thursday and Friday being a DONSA. 

It will most likely be that Wednesday. They’ve been pretty good about posting the lists to HRC the Wednesday after the board. I think only one last year was posted on the following Friday.