4 replies to this topic

#1 kidd23

kidd23

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:40

Can anyone help? I just took my flight physical and only one of my eyes has an astigmatism of 1.25, 0.25 above the allowable range. My eyesight is 20/20 and 20/25 and my better eye is 1.00 which are all within range. I'm a S2S/civilian and I read that the army will allow waivers for 0.75 out of range. Is this true for a S2S or only AD? What are my options?

• kidd23 likes this

#2 redlightning54

redlightning54

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 21:40

Youll be fine. I have astigmatism and they gave me 5 pairs of prescription glasses and a contact prescription for flight school

#3 Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 16:09

Youll be fine. I have astigmatism and they gave me 5 pairs of prescription glasses and a contact prescription for flight school

They let you rock contacts? I've been debating whether to use the civilian glasses they gave me underneath the helmet or if there is a better alternative. I wish the helm had prescription lenses, considering how expensive those freaking things are.

#4 Jrok14

Jrok14

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:34

I found out same thing during my class 1 flight phys. it was .25 past the waiverable on my left eye. Ended up getting lasik refractive surgery, which pushed my packet back 5 months... I'll be on November board. Good luck!

#5 redlightning54

redlightning54

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 16:49

They let you rock contacts? I've been debating whether to use the civilian glasses they gave me underneath the helmet or if there is a better alternative. I wish the helm had prescription lenses, considering how expensive those freaking things are.

I wear my contacts most days. You just have to have prescription glasses in your flight bag with you on the helicopter. I keep a pair in my bag, and wear them if I forget my contacts or something.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)

Guidance Home 200MaunaLoaVRHome200BLR 200FreeFlight_Home200HeliHelmets-VR HomeSpectrum_VRHome200LakeSuperior200Genesys VR Forum 200PrecisionVRForumHome200