Flight physical - astigmatism question

Can anyone help? I just took my flight physical and only one of my eyes has an astigmatism of 1.25, 0.25 above the allowable range. My eyesight is 20/20 and 20/25 and my better eye is 1.00 which are all within range. I'm a S2S/civilian and I read that the army will allow waivers for 0.75 out of range. Is this true for a S2S or only AD? What are my options?

• Like 1

Youll be fine. I have astigmatism and they gave me 5 pairs of prescription glasses and a contact prescription for flight school

They let you rock contacts? I've been debating whether to use the civilian glasses they gave me underneath the helmet or if there is a better alternative. I wish the helm had prescription lenses, considering how expensive those freaking things are.

• 3 weeks later...

They let you rock contacts? I've been debating whether to use the civilian glasses they gave me underneath the helmet or if there is a better alternative. I wish the helm had prescription lenses, considering how expensive those freaking things are.

I wear my contacts most days. You just have to have prescription glasses in your flight bag with you on the helicopter. I keep a pair in my bag, and wear them if I forget my contacts or something.

• Like 1