Thanks Torfinn, where about are you ?

That depends on when you are planning on making the trip.

Until November 15 (I think), I'll be at home, in Brokke (59°06'30" N, 007°30'00" E). After that, I'll be back at my flight school, at Geiteryggen Airport (ENSN) near Skien (59°11'00" N, 009°34'00" E).

Hi Helifrank, It would be great if we can meet since I'm planning to go through northern Germany to cross to Sweeden and then Norway ( I know, a bit longer trip but shorter flights over water - we are flying single engine -)

What airport in the area would fit to you??

Buen vuelo.

P.D. Heli Ops, want to share some info on your visit to Spain next December??

It would be great to have a talk. :o

Hi HeliFrank, as soon as they tell me when the trip starts I'll let you know. I'm arranging everything for the night stop in Hamburg. I hope everything comes out right and get the chance to meet.

BTW at what time is sunset and sunrise overthere this time of the year?

Buen vuelo

P.D. If you PM me and give a phone number we could talk and arrange a few things. If you consider this I could call you during the day.:o

Hi Matador,

Today ( November 8th) SR 0633 UTC (0733 local), SS 1534 UTC (1634 local). For SR you can easily add @ 1.5 minutes per day, for SS subtract @ 1.5 minutes per day.

::whisper:: Don't tell your boss... in Germany VFR-day is from SR -30 minutes until SS +30  :D

PM with phone number is on it's way. If I'm not in, try again later that evening or just pass me an e-mail.

Frank

Good morning Helifrank, the trade seems fair enough to me :P

Hoping to get your phone number to contact you. If weather is good and paper work gets done I´m leaving during the day from Bilbao (LEBB) hopefully tomorrow night we could be at your place, but today might be the last chance for an internet connection.

Check your PM.

Buen vuelo

Hi Matador,

they will probably give you an overnight parking on ramp 2. So prepare for landing instructions on either helipad "West" or on taxiway "Kilo" (in front of the tower).

If the weather should be really nasty they'll guide you in via reporting point "Charlie" and afterwards on a heading of 105 to the threshold of runway 15.

In 99% they'll have you squawk 7012. You want to place your initial call on Hamburg Radar 121.27 (the AIP shows two frequencies 121.27 and 126.85).

Safe flying,

Frank

Well Frank, sorry to tell you that we`re stuck in Norway due to weather conditions. I told you by phone about the adventure the other day into Copenhaguen Intl. The next day we made a straight flight into Norway scaping Goteborg cause we had good conditions but in Torp (Norway) it took very long to arrange fuel and FPL so when we headed straight to Foerde the clouds were over the mountains and had a strong head wing so we turned around :angry:  and stayed overnight. Today we had some more delay to take off and couldn`t make it to Stavanger due to bad weather again (not even through the coast line) so we landed in Kristiansand praying for a break so we can make it tomorrow to our destination although weather seems to give us a hard time for another couple of days :(

The food and the beer was great while in those endless minutes waiting for arrangements in Torp.

We are still saving two of them for cheering once we get to Foerde :P

Will keep in touch.

Buen vuelo and thanks again for all your kindness. It was great to have your advice to get to Hamburg through the fog.

Matador,

Had been in regular touch with Emilio and Antonio from HSI and seems there are political things going on there at the moment so they couldnt put anything together for me according to Emilio. He had directions from higher up so had to take the Spain part out of the visit. Now heading straight to Sardinia, Milan, Paris, London and then home. Will be back there again when they get all their shite sorted out.

By the way which B3 is going back.

Regards

Heli Ops

Yeah, the weather in the western part of Norway is really bad at the moment. The last thing I heard, it wasn't going to clear up until Tuesday...

But on the bright side, Kristiansand isn't the worst town to get be "stranded" in... :;): Let me know if you get stuck there for a while, and I might take a trip down there to say hello! :)

Morning Matador,

looks like I have to prepare another "care package"  :P

I hope that the weather will get better pretty soon and that you are able to finish your trip. Enjoy beautiful mother nature up there in Norway and tell Carlos I said "hi".

Frank

PS: Haven't had a chance to taste the wine yet  :( but will certainly do so until Saturday :)

Sorry about the delay but I've been busy with the family and without internet connection during the trip. ::jumpfire::

We mede it out of Kristiansan and managed to go to Stavanger, visit a couple of friends in Helicopter Service, then to Bergen and finally to Foerde Bringeland (ENBL) all in the same day which is an important achievement considering the weather we were having in West Norway  ::cheers::

After a test flight we took a plane to Oslo ,that had to try the landing twice due to snowstorms, and spent there the next morning siteseeing. In the afternoon we took a plane to Madrid via Copenhagen  ::armsup::

The trip has taken more than 20 hours of flight and almost all the time in bad weather but still a nice experience.

Thanks once again HeliFrank, hope you enjoy the wine next weekend.

::2thumbsat::

Ned, I'm sorry to hear that you're not coming hope this guys are able to fit something nice for next year. The new contract for Madrid is hopefully coming out soon and expecting to be on it. It's supposed to be a good one with some nice equipement on it. I'll keep you informed as things come out.

The B3 I was taking to Norway was rented from Norway (Airlift) and given back after the fire season. The Spanish registration was EC-IYR.

Buen vuelo

P.D. I got the 2005 Heli Ops calendar while I was in Norway around the 15th of this month. Thanks once again. Great job.